July 2015 Moms

No Water

I need to vent. We bought a house back at Christmas, but it needed a lot of work before we moved in. After a few months we were finally able to move in. Anyway, we live in the country a few miles from the town. Our main problem is the water. Our well water is full of pesticides from the fields surrounding us. It is so high in pesticides that I could kill a pig. So of course we've only been using it to flush the toilets. lol. Laundry and bathing are done at my in-laws. We basically only eat things that can be tossed in the microwave on a paper plate or bowl. Thankfully our daughter is BF and I'm a SAHM so we don't have to deal with bottles. I haven't even pumped in months. Now that she is 1 I really wanted to wean her off but I can't because I can't wash milk filled sippy cups.

We are in the process of getting rural water. However, they are so backed up with other people wanting rural water that ours could take over 6 months to even start. Even when they start, it's going to take money that we could be spending on something else. It makes me sad enough that we are going to have to push off having another baby. I really wanted our children in close age, but money keeps pouring out the bank so we aren't financially stable for another kid yet.

On top of all this stress, my in-laws are in the middle of a divorce. Currently they are in the same house but my MIL told my husband the other day that she is moving to a different town that is 45 minutes away. If their son likes living there after a few months, then my FIL is going to move there too. It makes me mad because we moved away from my family (two states away) to live by them and then after we buy a house they move away. I really wanted our daughter to be close to her grandparents, but they are so flaky that we can't rely on them for basically anything. I'm so stressed and I can't even take a soothing bubble bath. lol.

Re: No Water

• n3na94n3na94 member
    Hello mama, 

I am sorry you're going through this. Have you considered selling the house? Perhaps it would be the best option due to everything that's going on. I know it takes time but I understand your stressed. Just be patient mama and hopefully it will not take so long for it to come! The good thing is you have a beautiful family and you guys are together! I hope every thing gets better! 
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    It's not really an option to move right now. If we moved, I'd want to live by my family again but there are issues in the way. It's mostly that we don't want to go through the process of buying a house again. Also it's hard getting a loan for a house if you just move to the state, and we really don't want to rent again. 

Thank you for responding though. I really want to wean her, but it'll probably be a few more months of Mama and baby girl time. Lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    AKOL0 said:
    It's not really an option to move right now. If we moved, I'd want to live by my family again but there are issues in the way. It's mostly that we don't want to go through the process of buying a house again. Also it's hard getting a loan for a house if you just move to the state, and we really don't want to rent again. 

Thank you for responding though. I really want to wean her, but it'll probably be a few more months of Mama and baby girl time. Lol. 
    I understand, enjoy this mama and baby girl time mama! It's a big blessing and in a few years I'm sure we will miss it lol keep us posted! God bless! 
  • I can't help with the in-laws, but a couple thoughts for weaning and sippy cups. They make toss and go sippy cups that you could use and then throw away, no washing needed. Not the most eco-friendly approach, but in a pinch it could work. Have you guys tried one of those water jug delivery services, the kind that load into a water cooler? That could help with dishes, drinks, etc. Just some suggestions. I can't even imagine how you manage with no potable water. Chin up! This too shall pass.
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    It bothers me enough to use so many paper plates, so disposable sippy cups are a no. Lol
    I've also thought about it though. The money alone would be a waste. We do actually have a water dispenser that we fill up at the in-laws as well. We use it for drinking and water down foods like oatmeal or microwave noodles. 

I've been itching to bake or cook. Lol. I really hate that I can't. My FIL suggested that we bring the dirty dishes over to his house to wash but that is too much of a pain to do.