October 2016 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change 07.26.16

How many weeks? 

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppleganger? If so, who?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 07.26.16

• Options
    CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited July 2016
    How many weeks? 28 weeks

What size is baby? A tropical coconut according to Ovia... I feel like that's significantly smaller than last week's fruit.

Upcoming appointments? Next one is August 5th. Other than the RhoGAM shot, nothing special happening at that one.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Does anyone else feel like their baby is still super low? She's already head down, so I know that has something to do with it, but I expected her to move up SOME by now. She's nowhere near kicking my ribs, which I hear is a common complaint at this stage. I'm not worried about her development or anything, I just think it's strange she's still hanging out so low. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Lots of tailbone pain if I sit or stand too long. Still no cravings or aversions.

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppleganger? If so, who? I get told I look like red headed celebs a lot, like Laura Prepon or Marcia Cross, but I don't actually look like them. We just have the same color hair. People are dumb.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks? 28 this week

What size is baby? The size of a 1 pound basket of wings lol

Upcoming appointments? August 10 for a regular appointment and rhogam shot

Rants/Raves/Questions? I think that my all day erryday morning sickness is finally subsiding! I now eat food without wanting to throw up and have been taking way less of the zofran. Fingers crossed this sticks around!!!!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I still am super weird with meat. Perhaps this baby is a future vegetarian lol

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppleganger? If so, who? Sometimes people say Tina Fey, but I think it's just because we both wear glasses haha. No one else really looks similar. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 mine is still super low too! The majority of kicks I feel are in my cervix (he's still breech). Verrrry rarely they're very low in my abdomen, but I don't even think I've ever really felt a kick/punch higher than my belly button.
  • Options
    CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited July 2016
    @scostel2 - I'm glad I'm not the only one with a low-lying little one! 

Hooray for your nausea subsiding!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks?  
    25 weeks 
    What size is baby? The bump says califlower

Upcoming appointments? August 9th- ultrasound to check the placenta previa and growth of babe and a regular appointment after... And a 1 hour glucose test 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Feeling a little crampy and have a lot of pressure down low- but this baby has been either breech or transverse and I feel a lot of kicks down low. Heart burn and discharge like crazy! Hoping the placenta previa actually moves even though it's unlikely. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? None! 

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppleganger? If so then who? I get Hilary Duff a lot... And my husband thinks I look like Amy Smart. 

• Options

scostel2 said:
    @CopperBoom86 mine is still super low too! The majority of kicks I feel are in my cervix (he's still breech). Verrrry rarely they're very low in my abdomen, but I don't even think I've ever really felt a kick/punch higher than my belly button.
    scostel2 said:
    So jealous! Mine has been breech or transverse and I feel a lot of kicks by my cervix and then I feel hits up higher like in my ribs. I swear he must be like laid out stretching with his hands above his head to do this!
  • Options
    How many weeks?  30 weeks - woohoo!!!!

What size is baby?  zucchini

Upcoming appointments?  Going every 2 weeks now so I'll be back in again next week.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I am totally blessed with the fact that my sister is a professional photographer.  So she is doing my maternity photo shoot on Thursday.  But I'm having a hard time getting over the fact that I feel so huge lately.  Don't get me wrong - pregnancy and motherhood is the most amazing thing and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I just don't feel very cute these days.  Hoping that my sis can work her magic with the camera!!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Oh man, the "out of breath" thing is getting bad.  Just walking to my car in the parking garage totally wears me out!!  And when I reach over to pick up my son's toys at home, sometimes I wonder if I will ever get back up!!!

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppleganger? If so, who?  I really can't think of one!  But personality-wise, I'm a lot like Monica on "Friends".  I'm very OCD and get lots of gratification out of cleaning and organizing!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks?  28 weeks- 3rd Tri!

What size is baby?  Eggplant

Upcoming appointments?  August 3rd- then every 2 weeks after that

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rave- I passed my 1 hr. glucose! 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Craving all the food and all the sweets 

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppleganger? If so, who?  My mom used to say Drew Barrymore-not so much anymore though. Maybe just her face shape. I do love me some Tom Green though  ;) 
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks? 
    29! Woo! 

What size is baby?
    According to Ovia, not just any pineapple but a Hawaiian Pineapple. Lol

Upcoming appointments?
    August 1st with my regular OB whom I love but he has a shitty US machine so I never get good pics from him. But we do have an elective ultrasound coming up that I'm excited about! That's on Aug 3rd. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I had my 3 hour GD test today and I'm a nervous wreck. 

I feel like Hazelnut is kicking super low. I feel it in my vagina and I didn't really have that with DD. Probably because she was breech until the last week or so but those vagini kicks are hard! 

I don't think so, not that I've been told lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How many weeks? 
    28 weeks, hello third trimester!

What size is baby?
    Just had an appointment yesterday and they said she was 2lbs 1oz. Bump says eggplant 

Upcoming appointments?
    I passed my 3hr glucose test yesterday and have a follow up ultrasound the end of next week.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    At my appointment yesterday they said baby is small, in the 9th percentile. Has anyone else been told something similar? They said we are just going to monitor her growth, but now I'm freaking out.

Panera broccoli cheddar soup with baguette. And every time I pass a Wendy's I want a cheeseburger from there specifically 

I don't know anyone that I look like, but I'm told my sense of humor reminds people of Melissa McCarthy. I love her!
  • Options
    How many weeks? 
    29 weeks

What size is baby?
    A pineapple or a barbie convertible

Upcoming appointments?
    Aug 3, getting the TDAP

Rants/Raves/Questions
    Seems like there is so much to do and so little time to do it.

Nausea has returned

Nope, don't have one. 
  • Options
    @kennelchick

My baby is in the 27th percentile so not quite as small as yours but still on the tinier side. My doctor said every child is different and someone has to fall in each petcentile and that as long as there is consistent growth, it's all good.
  • Options
    How many weeks? 

What size is baby?
    Lettuce

Upcoming appointments?
    August 9th 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    this heat! It's too hot and humid! Is it too much to ask for some rain to cool down around here?!

Horrible round ligament pain like stops me where im at. 

Not that I know of. When I was a teenager I kept getting all the young redhead celebs too @CopperBoom86

• Options
    How many weeks? 

What size is baby?
    Head of cauliflower? I hate the fruit and veggie comparisons btw

Upcoming appointments?
    MFM tomorrow to check little B's growth, reg ob on aug 2.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Not really. Very much enjoying all the kicks from baby B, who is a bit smaller than her sister.
    @kennelchick my last u/s showed baby B àin  the 8th percentile but my MFM said as long as she grows on her own curve, everything should be fine. "We'll let her cook as long as possible and then give her a big cheeseburger once she's out." He told me☺

Chocolate! Food! Major growth spurt going on right now. There's a rib in my back that was out for a week. I had a second adjustment today so hopefully the discomfort stays away.

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppleganger? If so, who? Nope.
  • Options
    @kennelchick I wouldn't be too worried. according to my OB the growth can be off a few weeks- which is why we do growth checks every month vs every week or every two weeks. They were also super surprised that DS1 was 8lbs when born because they thought he was going to be 6lbs and he was full term- 2 days before my due date. 

Its hard not to stress but try not to. 
  • Options
    How many weeks? 
    30!!!

What size is baby?
    A cantaloupe.

Upcoming appointments?
    On Friday, getting the Tdap shot.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Anyone else not getting a 3rd Tri u/s? I asked my OB and she said it's not typical unless there's a problem.  I've only had 2 (8 weeks and 20 weeks).  I'm grateful that baby and I have been healthy and normal, but I would love to see this little peanut!  @kennelchick No idea about baby's size but I've been measuring 1cm small my last few appointments.  Not sure if that means anything about baby?

Some days I feel great and some days my energy is super low in the afternoon/evening.  It's cooler this week which helps a lot.  I just bought a massage groupon and I'm super excited about it, I desperately need one!  My cravings are mostly for food in general, but I guess a lot of snacks and sweets.

The nicest one I've heard is Kate Hudson, which I don't really believe lol.  Sometimes maybe the hair on a great hair day?  I've also heard Hayden Panettiere because I'm also very short and petite.
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Options
    Lurking in the Tuesday fun, but I don't get a 3rd tri ultrasound either @Blonde1817. Unless they think it's necessary for some reason or another, I won't see Baby B until he's here! I've had 3 ultrasounds but that's because we opted for the NT scan at 12 weeks, in addition to the dating scan at 8 and a/s at 20. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    How many weeks? 29

What size is baby? Acorn Squash

Upcoming appointments? August 17th ish (I may have to change because of work) but then after that is  bi-weekly!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Passed my 1-hour GTT! 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Still craving real strong flavors, like spicy and sour and sweet.

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppleganger? If so, who? Nobody has ever compared me to anybody famous before, so for the moment I have to say no...

@serenaxo84 Yes, mine is all over too! I feel like I'm constantly saying "How can he be in both my ribs and my cervix at the same time?!" Nobody has said anything to me about if he's breech or anything though, so now I'm going to have to ask my OB (if I remember).
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    @Blonde1817 I get one more at 36 weeks apparently. I wish I could see him sooner!
  • Options
    How many weeks?
    30 weeks, formally 3/4 of the way to the finish line!

What size is baby?
    The size of three stacked Hungry Man frozen dinners.

Upcoming appointments?
    Had a basic check up yesterday. Heartbeat was 153, got my actual GTT results (which were quite low somehow), and the TDAP. Next appointment is the Wednesday after next. Just remembered this is when the appointments start getting 'invasive' and they start checking the ol' cervix  :s

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Nope.

The usual.

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelganger? Ifeed so, who?
    I've been told Macaulay Culkin  :| Not sure how I feel about that... 

• Options
    @AllyTheKid - Macaulay Culkin LOL!!! Maybe his gorgeous sister! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@Blonde1817 - I'm in the same boat.  Had an u/s at 15 weeks because of a scare, then again at 20 weeks but haven't had one since.  Not sure if they'll do another one, but I would love to see her again!

@kennelchick - My friend's baby was in the 4th percentile, but he was born perfectly healthy.  And I agree with @Serenaxo84, the measurements they're looking at can be so off because they can't account for body fat.  They thought my DS was going to be 8 lbs even and he was 9 lbs 8 oz!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    serenaxo84serenaxo84 member
    edited July 2016
    @blondie1817 if my pregnancies were normal I would only have 2 ultrasounds- a dating ultrasound at the beginning and the anatomy scan. 

You could end up getting one in third trimester if they need to check the baby's size or position but I think typically you only get one of there is an issue. I have a friend who's sister just had a random third trimester 3D ultrasound and I thought it was a little weird. Like it must have been elective (she paid for it) or they thought there was an issue. 

@kaytee1087 I think at this point our babes can still be changing position. When I was breech they said he could still change up to like 36 weeks- when I went into labor they did an ultrasound to check that he was still breech. My OB thought could tell by touching my stomach. It could also be little hands punching you in the cervix if the babe is head down! 
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 Thank you! I needed the help repairing my ego :D  He is literally the only celeb I've ever been compared to though haha
    At least the comparisons started pre-Macaulay rock bottom! 
  • Options
    @kennelchick to echo everyone else I wouldn't try to worry too much they are off on weight a lot. my oldest was said to come out at 7 pounds maybe 7 &1/2 lbs imagine my surprise when he comes out 9lbs 5oz. As long as lo keeps growing just try to relax
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for the reassurance. It really does help. DH just days oh everything will be fine, but it's nice to hear examples behind everything will be fine. Thank you all! (I bump on my phone, it's really hard to tag individual names)