March 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 7/26

This is for those whose due dates fall on March 7, 14, 21, & 28.

How far along are you?
How big is baby?
Upcoming appointments this week?
Any new symptoms or changes?
Rants/Raves/Questions?
GTKY: What is your secret pet peeve? 

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 7/26

• How far along are you? 8 weeks :)
    How big is baby? A raspberry (TB)/ pygmy sea horse (Ovia)
    Upcoming appointments this week? TODAY!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! at 11:45 <3
     and also...  !!!!!!
    Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing new - nausea and exhaustion.  same old, same old.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I never have anything for this.  Damn.  Maybe soon!
    GTKY: What is your secret pet peeve? When men stay seated around noticeably pregnant women and/or women with really small children.  GET. UP.  I'm not saying guys have to constantly stand, but I once stood while 9 months pregnant to let a woman and her infant have my seat, while an El full of men stayed seated.  WHO RAISED YOU?! (Chicago commuting for the win.)
  • How far along are you?  7w0d
    How big is baby? blueberry (TB) and raspberry (Ovia)
    Upcoming appointments this week? nada
    Any new symptoms or changes? nausea is more full force...I emailed my nurse to see if my dr would prescribe me something for it
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I REALLY wish DH would stop hounding me for sex...when I'm tired and feel like crap that's the last thing I want to do...he needs to STFU and realize it's not just about him...
    GTKY: What is your secret pet peeve?  people not using their blinker when they're driving....it was not an optional feature on your car when you bought it...so use it!

Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Loading the player...
  • @hippiemama Yay! Good luck at your appointment!! :smiley:

How far along are you? 7 weeks today! 
    How big is baby? a blueberry
    Upcoming appointments this week? First scan on Friday!! :grimace:
    Any new symptoms or changes? Yesterday was the first day I was MUCH queasier than usual. It surfaced during and after eating.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I have MS! I have MS!
    GTKY: What is your secret pet peeve? Coworkers who go STRAIGHT to the boss, every single time there's an issue (not necessarily to nark, but that happens too.) There's ways to work things out without getting the supervisors involved! 
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited July 2016
    How far along are you? 8 weeks
    How big is baby? raspberry 
    Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, just had my first ultrasound 2 days ago
    Any new symptoms or changes? Nausea still there a bit better but still gagging/dry heaving randomly. Boobs still sore and getting bigger!! A small amount of lower back pain. Hangry! Constipated...and gassy!!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Just trucking along until my next appointment! Can't wait until first tri is over...2nd month is almost done!
    GTKY: What is your secret pet peeve? I hate when people are fake, like they are nice to your face and then talk crap behind your back. If I don't like someone, they know it...I don't hide my feelings well! :p

• How far along are you? 7 weeks today
    How big is baby? a blueberry
    Upcoming appointments this week? Nope. 
    Any new symptoms or changes? Whenever I haven't eaten in a little while, I get really
    nauseous!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Are hot showers ok to take?
    GTKY: What is your secret pet peeve? When people clip their nails at work!
  • @klz0330 OMG I HATE when people do that!  It's like they purposely wait until they get to work to do it...why they can't clip their nails at home, I have no idea...makes me gag
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• GoldenTMamaGoldenTMama member
    edited July 2016
    @hippiemama I hope your appointment went well today! 

@dubcompanion How exciting! FX for a great appointment on Friday with a healthy LO! 

@klz0330 I think hot showers are fine, if you don't stay in it too long. The problem of the hot tub is that you sit in it and it can raise your temp to an unsafe level for baby. I think a 10-15 minute shower wouldn't get you hot enough, but maybe staying in longer than that could be bad. 

How far along are you? 9weeks
    How big is baby? Cherry/Eastern tailed-blue butterfly
    Upcoming appointments this week? U/S on Thursday!
    Any new symptoms or changes? My symptoms seemed to be going away this weekend, but then today a got sick in my trash can in my office this morning
    Rants/Raves/Questions? My OB is the best, she offered to set up the extra U/S for me on Thursday!
    GTKY: What is your secret pet peeve? @ngcsugirl1112 That is my pet peeve too! Use your damn signal people! We can't read your mind!! 

Edit: my original post got cut off
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @GoldenTMama it went wonderfully!  The only surprise was that we're actually a week further along than I thought so I guess we're due date buddies!! :)
  • @klz0330  I second @GoldenTMama 's comment about the hot showers.  As long as you don't spend the night in there, you should be fine!

• How far along are you? 5 weeks
    How big is baby? BB pellet per Ovia
    Upcoming appointments this week? Ultrasound tomorrow
    Any new symptoms or changes? Not really
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope
    GTKY: What is your secret pet peeve? Loud chewers
  • MrsJNMrsJN member
    How far along are you? 8 weeks
    How big is baby? a raspberry
    Upcoming appointments this week? No appointment till the 12 week
    Any new symptoms or changes? Nope. the usual - nausea and feeling gaggy, BLOAT, gas, food aversions etc.. nothing new..
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Does anyone else feel like a teletubby with this bloat going on??
    GTKY: What is your secret pet peeve? People who constantly ask when you're going to get pregnant. MIND YOUR OWN WOMB!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 6 Weeks
    How big is baby?  Small pea
    Upcoming appointments this week?  Had 1st US yesterday
    Any new symptoms or changes?  Nope.  Breasts still sore, & smell/taste different.  That's it.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    My close friends and family are so used to me drinking that when I refuse it or try to redirect (I have all the excuses saved up: doing a cleanse, on an antibiotic, recovering from virus), they're all like "OMG, you're pregnant".  I know it's totally innocent and I can understand the temptation to do this but it puts me in a really weird spot.  We haven't even told immediate family (we've told my parents b/c I need my mommy!) so having cousins and friends make this assumption is worrisome.  

I also want to rant about my internet.  TWC had an outage last week and our router stopped communicating with our modem.  Should have been a simple reset but I'm not tech savy and H is in LA so I called Netgear tech service and AN HOUR AND TWELVE MINUTES later, she had helped me reset my router but also spent an hour of that giving me a sales pitch about buying a warranty.  I wanted to kill her. I'm not your average gullible idiot and I really resent predatory sales and marketing on vulnerable people.  FUCK YOU NETGEAR.  I went on a social media campaign about this too.  They charged me $50 for the service call.  I'm going to expense it but I still think it's a bullshit practice. 

GTKY: What is your secret pet peeve?   Well, I guess it's not so secret based on my comment above but I absolutely hate getting obvious sales pitches.  I'm in business development and my job is to close contracts.  I know how to do it w/o making my clients feel like targets and I can smell a bad salesperson a mile away.  Grrrrrr...*shakes fist at Netgear*
  • @GoldenTMama, @hippiemama, thanks!  That is what I thought, but then I always overthink things!  I love hot baths, but I quit taking them when I found out I was pregnant.