Trying to Get Pregnant

Temping question!

hey ladies! I'm new to temping and am a ltitle confused about what to do this morning. DH woke up at 4:45 wanting to have sex (great!) so I quickly took my temperature before moving and it was 95.13. So much lower than the 97 range I'm usually in. Went back to sleep and took it again when I woke up at 7 and it was 97.68--about .5 higher than usual. Which would you use?? I'm wondering if either is really valid. Thanks so much! 

Re: Temping question!

• How long have you been temping? What time do you normally take your temperature? 
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus
    BFP 10/12/16--EDD 6/24/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is the first month. I usually take it around 6:35. 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited July 2016
    The temp you took at 7 probably isn't accurate because ideally you should take your temperature after at least a solid 3 hours of sleep. The temp you took at 430 is probably colder than usual because it is earlier than your normal time. So basically, unfortunately neither is really accurate but I would go with the first temp you took. 
    If you use fertility friend, it will show up on your chart as an "open circle" due to the time difference, meaning that you should take that number with a grain of salt. Try in the future to make sure you take it at the same time every day, but if you have an occasional day that is "off", don't stress too much about it. With fertility friend there is a way to hide all the open circle temperature readings and look at your chart without those questionable temps 
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Disclaimer: I have only been temping for about a month as well, so we shall see if any of the more experienced ladies here weigh in :)
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JackieMarie1989's explanation sounds right to me.  It took me a few months to get the hang of seeing the patterns and temping at the same time.  There will often be mornings that you can't get the time right.  Getting in an early am BD with your man is the priority though so don't worry too much about it.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• This is so helpful ladies! Jackie your explanation makes a lot of sense to me. Thank y'all for weighing in. I agree--the bd was far more important than knowing the temp today! 
  • When I'm in my assumed FW I make SURE to temp religiously at the same time on the daily...otherwise, if you miss a day here and there, or you temp later than normal a couple of days, it's really not that big of a deal.  I refuse to set an alarm on weekends, because I get up at 445 on weekdays and am not interested in doing that when I don't have to.  So I just either skip it entirely (when I'm in the LP I usually get lazy), or let the open circles signal to FF that I temped at a weird time that day.