January 2016 Moms

Fall/Winter clothing

anyone start shopping for clothing for the fall/winter yet? Im looking around and added a few things to my cart at carters and old navy but haven't actually ordered yet. I'm also unsure about what size to order my LO. She outgrows things super quick so I'm up in the air on if I should just buy more 12 month clothing rather the 9 months., 

Re: Fall/Winter clothing

• KFrobKFrob member
    I've been buying a few things in 12 months that could work for fall or winter.  I'm in the same boat where LO out grows stuff so fast and it's hard to predict when she'll be what size. I picked up some packages of legging on clearance at target (ended up being $5 for a two pack after my cartwheel app!!) I've also ordered a few clearance things from carters, and a few dresses and shirts on random mall trips. I feel like if I start collecting stuff then I'll be slightly prepared when she wakes up an inch taller one day! 
  • Ya Ive seen super cute stuff but also unsure what size she will be. Last winter I bought a bunch of clothes from old navy on boxing day for this winter. 6-12m and 12-18m. Hoping the 6-12 will fit! She's staying pretty close to her size and age so fingers crossed! And now that summer stuff is on sale I've been buying a few summer clothes for next summer. 18-24m Lets hope they fit!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • We just bought a fall jacket on clearance. He's currently in 12 months but the jacket is18 months. He's really tall and skinny though so I think it should work for a while! 
  • We have a huge consignment sale twice a year here--once in September, and they only accept fall/winter clothing, and then again in March. I was able to get my LO's entire spring and summer wardrobe (with the exception of gift items) at this sale. I plan on doing the same for F/W at the September sale. It'll still be a bajillion degrees at that point, so we will be solidly in summer stuff here.
  • We have a clothing swap in our area twice a year and it is amazing! I can trade out all the clothes that don't fit and toys that he no longer plays with for the next size up and new toys! The next one is coming up at the end of August and I'll trade my summer clothes and last springs warmer clothes for fall and winter ones.
  • Cricket99 said:
    We have a clothing swap in our area twice a year and it is amazing! I can trade out all the clothes that don't fit and toys that he no longer plays with for the next size up and new toys! The next one is coming up at the end of August and I'll trade my summer clothes and last springs warmer clothes for fall and winter ones.
    That's such a cool idea! I wish there was something like that around New York. 
  • I also started shopping but DS 1 grew really quickly until 9-12 months sizing a d the. Started to slow down aignificantly. So I am thinking DS 2 will do the same. He's already ready for 12 month stuff now :(
  • I feel like I will never get my little one in her clothes. She is so petite. Still wearing 3-6 clothes, she turned 6m on the 16th. She was in 0-3 until she was 4.5mos. I'm starting to wondering if her bigger clothes are now going to be in the wrong season. 
  • Cricket99 said:
    We have a clothing swap in our area twice a year and it is amazing! I can trade out all the clothes that don't fit and toys that he no longer plays with for the next size up and new toys! The next one is coming up at the end of August and I'll trade my summer clothes and last springs warmer clothes for fall and winter ones.
    That's such a cool idea! I wish there was something like that around New York. 
    Look around at local churches. That's where ours are held. :)
  • I'll buy a few things to get us through, but she just outgrew her 6 month and most of her 9 Month summer clothes, so I ended up buying a bunch of clearances out 12 month summer clothes. Silly growth spurts. Our weather is so unpredictable, and apparently I grow giant children, so I'm not super worried. I'd rather wait a few weeks into the season to buy the majority of it on clearance.
  • kodariahkodariah member
    edited August 2016
    I'm a clearance shopper so I've been buying fall winter stuff since I found out was pregnant. I have stuff up until 3T right now. I'm sure my sizes won't be 100% on for the season but if I can buy a cute $1 outfit on clearance I'm going to. I'm pretty much stocked up on clothing until 24 months. I still buy things as I need it but for the most part I buy his clothing big and save it until it fits. Right now I'm buying stuff for summer next year since it is all on sale. It saves so much money. 
  • @SDaniels19 sooo cuteeee!  Wish we still had target in Canada 
  • Speaking of target....have you guys checked out their cat and jack line yet? I'm obsessed, they are so soft, cute and reasonably priced!
  • I have to check that out! Thanks for the heads up. 
  • @amberjinnett ME TOO! I bought a few things in 12 months over the last couple of weeks that I thought would be for the fall but LOs just about fitting into them now and I'm pretty excited be they are super cute! I love Target so much. 
  • Our Target has the worst selection for little boys.  The section for girls is like 3 times as large.  It's so frustrating, I  almost never find anything cute.
  • @nackie ours is the exact same way! I feel like most stores are, it's way annoying! I saw that the cat and jack line is suppose to fully launch its baby line tomorrow so I'm hoping by some miracle they get in more than the one rack. Haha
  • I'll probably wait just a bit. I have a good spread of 9 month from Carters and 6-12 from Gymboree right now. He's still in 6 month from Carters and a lot of his 6-12 mo. from Gymboree, is baggy on him. Shorts are still 3-6, so I'm not even sure how bottoms are going to go this fall/winter. At this point, buying sets seems pointless, because he's bigger on top than the bottom. 

I did however go nuts at Target on that Cat and Jack line or whatever it's called. Those fox print pants for boys are too damn cute!