September 2016 Moms
Options

Monday bitchfest

We haven't done one of these in a while. Who has some steam to blow off? 

Re: Monday bitchfest

• Options
    I had a yogurt this morning that gave me immediate heartburn, so I chewed a few Tums and that all just made me super nauseous. I'm editing an excel sheet with many columns and a few thousand lines.. it's dizzying which isn't helping.  We also migrated email servers today and the computer guy had to sit at my desk for a few minutes to help and he stunk of body odor and cigarette smoke. How pleasant. 

Since then I have snacked on ginger ale and doritos along with my lunch and still feel yucky.. not sure if it's the regular nausea or because I ate too much trying to get rid of said nausea. Yuck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The last two nights my dog has woken up in the middle of the night vomiting bile :( Last night DH and I wake up, he goes to get a towel, hands it to me and then gets in bed to clean up on my own. Cool story bro, not to worry, one of us isn't pregnant or anything. Granted, I haven't really slowed down since pregnant but some consideration for the one with a belly would be nice! Humph 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mom2adoodle yuck! My dog was up all night too, but fortunately not throwing up.

We had a wicked bad storm here in Ohio last night and she was pacing the bedroom for over an hour before the storm even hit. Then she was terrified so I pulled her up in bed with me. Granted to she is a tiny cavalier King Charles. But between my DH, the dog, and my ever expanding belly, it was a tight squeeze. Fitbit says I got 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night  :( I'm about to take a nap. 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Options
    My dog has also been sick the past few days throwing up after he ate, I had thought it was just due to the heat but then started wondering if he ate something that he wasn't supposed to. Sure enough at 4am this morning he threw up not 1 but 2 of my DH dress socks! I have no idea how he go them or how he was able to throw them back up but I'm thankful he did because an expensive vet bill is the last thing we need right now! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SLou24 - It's the little things. ;)
    But serioulsy?! Thanks park ranger!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am in so much pain & no one seems to care! It's not pregnancy related - concerning my female anatomy. But it feels just like a gallbladder attack even tho i do not have a gallbladder. They have run tests and ruled out problems. So my stomach pain can not be treated. So I just have to be miserable. Oh and I have an abscessed tooth that they will not treat the pain with either. I need a root canal it is so bad. In fact, because I have asked specifically for them to treat my pain, they are now treating me like a drug seeker. I am not & I just want some relief. I work 40 hrs a week and I'm a mom of 3 with a 4bd house, dog, grandpa and husband to care for... I am 31 weeks pregnant and MISERABLE. It's not the pregnancy. She is doing great! 
  • Options
    Last night dh and I got into a super bad fight, and he slept in the living room for the first time in our entire relationship.  It's better today and we've resolved things, but we really need to get our shit together and not have the yell fests.  It blows. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    mom2adoodle I have just started to straight up say "I am pregnant and need you to do this". Until this last week or 2 I haven't slowed down either. I have always been the "I am woman here me roar" type so DH generally doesn't help me with things because I like doing things on my own. Which is hard to explain without DH sounding lazy, which he is not and is super helpful around the house. The pregnancy limitations are now hitting me hard and DH never seems to know if I need help or not! 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    About a month ago, the toilet in the bathroom off of the master bedroom started leaking.  Had a plumber out to fix it.  A couple of weeks later, it continued to leak, so the plumber had to come back out.  Friday night, at 5:05, we discovered that it was leaking again and had leaked down into the ceiling in my son's room, below.  We had to turn off the water until we could get the plumber back out which meant....  (and now, for my real bitch), that I had to walk across the house in the middle of the night to use the bathroom for the past three nights.  I get up about 4-5 times a night, so it was a real PITA trying to feel my way around in the dark while simultaneously not peeing my pants.
  • Options
    We keep getting ants in the house. It has finally come to the point that we need to call a professional. Boo to having something else to spend money on.

• Options
    Mine is pregnancy related and it's having to do with this pressure/pain I'm having in my pelvis. It's been going on for a few days, and it SUCKS. I did not have this with my daughter. Sitting causes an achey, sometimes crampy discomfort. Walking feels achey. Sometimes when I turn a certain way it hurts worse. It feels like the entirety of this baby is INSIDE MY PELVIS. Agggghhh.
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My husband got a ticket 2 weeks ago for running a red light while a freaking motorcycle cop was RIGHT BESIDE HIM. I had gotten over the anger with his stupidity until today when they finally posted the cost of the ticket online. It's 200 freaking dollars!!! We are 4-5 weeks out from giving birth to our second child, we've had to have both cars fixed in the past month, we can barely afford to pay the bills and get groceries as is and his dumb@ss decides to run a red light to the tune of 200 freaking dollars?! We are selling something of his, I don't care if it's his damn wedding ring at this point, my kids aren't going without because he can't get his sh!t together for some reason.
  • Options

Last week at the gym:

I'm walking on a treadmill. A lady next to me gets on and gives me a full head to toe stare (I try ignoring her). She taps me on the shoulder and says "Honey!! Am I going to have to deliver that baby?"

• Options
    Where to begin:
    1. This heat is awful and the dog and I had to cut our walk short
    2. Unannounced lane closure on highway made me late to work
    3. Soda machine dispensed a warm soda
    4. Everything hurts 
  • Options
    @kosmo86 I think you're right. Good for you standing up and saying what you need! I need to work on that. Little things like having to bend down (like to feed the dog for example) while he sits on the couch are starting to irk me so I need to say something before I explode! I'm like you, I do everything on my own (like build our crib) because I can and I like to feel accomplished, but I need to let him step up. Especially before the baby comes! 
  • Options
    @nativetexan512  - SMH seriously what is wrong with people?!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    ashtasht member
    I threw up this morning that required a second shower because I peed all over myself and the floor in the process. Then when that was under control the power went out when I was trying to my hair. I have had heartburn all day since and my throat is literally on fire. Lately heartburn and reflux has been horrible to the point of losing my voice a few times
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    Much like @Thscary ...
    1) everything hurts
    2) I can't handle this heat. Thank goodness we have a tredmill or I would be gaining 5 lbs a week with the lack of outdoor walking I can do. I get no other exercise otherwise so I've started having to go on the tredmill. I feel bad for my dog though. she just wants a nice long walk
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @rg1 Good for your dog! My dog is more heat sensitive than I am and she will literally sit down and refuse to walk if she deems it too warm. She's sort of a diva. And hey, a treadmill is way more than some people do so good for you getting on it! 
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    Oh and I had a coworker argue with me on whose bladder was more full and that see needed the bathroom first. Let see lady, we have been here 4 hours, you have peed twice and I have not peed at all. You have a bladder, I do not. Pretty sure I win this one.
  • Options
    It's 84 degrees in my office.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mom2adoodle - this is me exactly. I really like doing things for myself, and my husband is well aware of that. Sure, he helps a lot and does me a lot of favors but knows when to stay back.  Lately a lot of little tasks are really exhausting and I find myself mumbling to myself, sighing while doing tasks and overall just getting frustrated. I wish he'd catch on and step up his game without me having to ask, but alas.. I must be a big girl and admit that I need help.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @nativetexan512 WHAT THE F?! Why, just why would someone feel the need to say that? Do they think they're being cute or are they really trying to get under someone's skin? That's so insensitive. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    SLou24SLou24 member
    @mamadomino I'm sorry, that's such a crappy feeling. I'm glad you guys are doing better today though! Fighting like that is always tough, hang in there! 

@nativetexan512 Oh heck no!! People need to learn to mind their own business! 

@runningisrad I had a day or two last week that I felt like that, and it was miserable. So I have no advice, but I do feel your pain!! 
  • Options
    I peed myself in my car while throwing up on the side of the highway. *sigh* it's almost over right? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nooooooooo free PTO day for
    everyone! 
  • Options
    @TheTamedShrew I completely get that. I wanted to get everything organized (not necessarily perfectly set up) by the beginning of the third tri to get the bulk of the work/lifting done when I was still comfortable. Everyone else was all, don't be such a FTM, it's too early, you have plenty of time. So I put it off (and had to put off some stuff because of others thinking this way) and now I hurt everywhere after a few minutes of work. We organized a closet and I had to sit with a fan in front of me while I did it because my back was killing me and my whole body was shaking.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

This is from a couple days ago but I am still pissed. My MIL who I cannot stand, showed up unannounced at our house saying she needs to stay the night while she’s in town on business.  Pretty sure we don’t run a hotel, so I don’t see how this was our problem but we couldn’t turn her away.

My husband had the next day off work and I asked him to break down the bed in the guest bedroom so we can start to get the room ready for the baby. Somehow his mom took this too mean “please decorate the baby’s room for us.” Apparently, she went out and used OUR credit card to buy decorations. When I got home, the room was totally done. It’s silly but I was heartbroken. I have been looking forward to putting this room together for so long. I planned on doing an ocean/sea life theme and was really thoughtful about the stuff I bought, and had a very specific color theme and layout. They assumed ocean meant nautical theme and threw a bunch of boat stuff up on the wall. Nothing matches, the furniture was in the wrong spots, they didn’t use the super cool print I got off Etsy because “there wasn’t room for it." I don't want to be ungrateful because they did do a lot of work, but this is the main thing I’ve been looking forward to other than the baby. My husband’s mom is a total narcissist and my shower is coming up, so I know she’s going to tell everyone and anyone that she did the baby’s room for me and that sucks. I’m just super bummed out.

• Options
    Nooooooooo free PTO day for
    everyone! 
    I went home at 4. But I have billable hours to reach before the end of the month. Soooo...I'll be making them up somewhere. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I made my husband dinner last night since he was working all day. He decided to go to bed around 10, which wasn't happening for me (I'm lucky to be asleep by 1 now).  But instead he comes out 15 min later and starts banging around in the kitchen. I went in to see what he's doing and he's putting all the dirty dishes in the sink to soak. I told him I was going to do them and he gets all snippy and says "oh no, just leave them for tomorrow. That way I have something to do when I get home from working all day."  I'm sorry but did I not just cook him an excellent dinner with dessert, take care of the children all day and work on the pool. Our dishwasher has been broken for about 2 months because he never has the time to fix it (and refuses to get a new one) so everything is washed by hand. On top of that our a/c is broken and therefore we are down to 2 window units but it still gets pretty hot during the day in the house since its 100 degrees outside. I feel like it wouldn't bother me so much if I could just get one good nights sleep. 
  • Options
    @Laraeq I agree with everyone else and return what you didn't want and do the room your way. You should start these boundaries early or your mil might continue doing things without you consent after your little one comes. It was an issue with my MIL when our first was born. She would change his outfit whenever I left the room to something she bought and not listen to our feeding rules. It wasn't till it all blew up that she finally started respecting that I was the mother and these were my decisions to make. 
  • Options
    So I know the family visiting right after baby theme has been addressed. But I'm there all of the sudden. I've expressed to my husband that I'm ok with but not super excited that both sets of grands will be in town for the birth (which is scheduled). I love them all, need help with DD, and have made peace with this. Fast forward. We're on vacation visiting the IL right now. My husband just started showing me air bnb options for his folks that have multiple bedrooms because his brother and sister want to come to town too. Everyone (all GP and his sibs) live multiple states away or opposite coasts, so it's a big to do when anyone visits. I do NOT want his sibs to come in those first few weeks. Nursing had a rocky start w DD, I don't want to go through that $&@! and share my bonding time with an even bigger audience. So I was just the asshole saying no. How could my H not talk to me about this in private without his parents around. Sitting on couch cuddling DD trying not to cry about being the asshole. 
  • Options
    camichael84camichael84 member
    edited July 2016
    @Laraeq I agree with everyone else. Either make him return it or do it yourself, and decorate it the way you want. They weren't doing you a favor by leaving you out of the process of decorating your baby's nursery, and I don't think you have to act grateful just because they spent time on it.

• Options
    Laraeq said:

This is from a couple days ago but I am still pissed. My MIL who I cannot stand, showed up unannounced at our house saying she needs to stay the night while she’s in town on business.  Pretty sure we don’t run a hotel, so I don’t see how this was our problem but we couldn’t turn her away.

My husband had the next day off work and I asked him to break down the bed in the guest bedroom so we can start to get the room ready for the baby. Somehow his mom took this too mean “please decorate the baby’s room for us.” Apparently, she went out and used OUR credit card to buy decorations. When I got home, the room was totally done. It’s silly but I was heartbroken. I have been looking forward to putting this room together for so long. I planned on doing an ocean/sea life theme and was really thoughtful about the stuff I bought, and had a very specific color theme and layout. They assumed ocean meant nautical theme and threw a bunch of boat stuff up on the wall. Nothing matches, the furniture was in the wrong spots, they didn’t use the super cool print I got off Etsy because “there wasn’t room for it." I don't want to be ungrateful because they did do a lot of work, but this is the main thing I’ve been looking forward to other than the baby. My husband’s mom is a total narcissist and my shower is coming up, so I know she’s going to tell everyone and anyone that she did the baby’s room for me and that sucks. I’m just super bummed out.

I'd be just as upset, I would want to do my own thing too. Nice intention but she over stepped.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers