August 2016 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in 7/25

FremdschamenFremdschamen member
edited July 2016 in August 2016 Moms

I think at least two more of our group are no longer pregnant!  Congrats @lgem4 and @1faceinacrowd!!  ETA: Cheering for you today, @jacmkelley!

Weeks: 

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to):

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

Questions?

GTKY:  Are you sentimental?  For example, do you have baby's coming home outfit all picked out or certain special items for baby to wear?

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016

Re: PGAL Check-in 7/25

• Options
    Weeks: 35w1d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): Last biweekly appointment next week, then on to appointments every week.  Our next appointment is the birth discussion with the midwife where we can talk about what happens and any preferences.  I'm looking forward to it.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  So excited for all of you with outside babies!  Sending lots of positive vibes that all of these new little ones are doing well! 

I fell yesterday and pulled some muscles in my hips, so walking has been even more uncomfy than usual!  DH goes away next weekend, but once he gets back, I think I'd be ok with baby coming anytime.

Questions?

GTKY:  Are you sentimental?  For example, do you have baby's coming home outfit all picked out or certain special items for baby to wear?  Nope.  Not sentimental-- I don't actually remember what outfit my DD wore when she came home, lol.  I do one have sleeper she wore most of the time in the hospital, and maybe I will take it for this baby to wear, but I haven't got any firm plans.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Weeks: 35w4d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): Dr. apt today. I mentioned this last time, but I really l want to make it to 37 weeks.  I went 3 weeks early with my DD and everything went fine.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I am so excited for our PGAL mamas.  To say I have been nesting, is an a major understatement.  My house has never been cleaner and if this baby comes right now I will be fine...I mean fine but not fine.

Questions? None at this time.

GTKY:  Are you sentimental?  For example, do you have baby's coming home outfit all picked out or certain special items for baby to wear?

Yes!!!!! I have a special outfit for the LO and my DD and I cannot wait for that moment when the 2 girls meet. I made a big sister bag and bought a little something for my DD to give to the baby.  I know I mentioned this piece before too, but I am sad that these are the last few days just the three of us. 

• Options
    @lgem4 I love what you are doing for the baby. So special!
  • Options

Oops, sorry @lgem4!  For some reason, I thought she had arrived.  Glad things are still looking ok, and her going home outfit sounds perfect. <3

@JournoGrl23 Congrats on the interview!  I hope it works out for you.

The fall was actually minor-- my ankle gave out on an uneven surface and I just kind of dropped straight down.  I scratched my arm, but caught myself with my other hand, so nothing near where I would injure the baby.  But, all my muscles seized up when I fell so I'm definitely feeling it today!

• Options
    ramoseecologyramoseecology member
    edited July 2016
    @JournoGrl23 That's awesome!! Fingers crossed for you!
    @lgem4  Hopefully you'll make it past this birthday packed week ;)  I'm really hoping this baby waits until August too.
    @Fremdschamen Glad to hear it wasn't serious. I fell the day before I miscarried (not related though) but it still makes me so nervous.

Weeks: 
    37w5d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to):
    Meeting with my doula tonight and then weekly appointment tomorrow. Thinking I may have her do a cervix check just to see where things are at.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:
    Getting so close and uncomfortable but glad he's still growing! It is nerve racking that his movements are less noticeable but I'm trying to remain calm and confident.

Yes, I picked out some going home outfits and am bringing the baby book to the hospital to try to make sure I capture things. I'm not that great at it but I really love the baby stuff of mine my mom has been able to share with me so I'm trying to make sure to have some to share years from now. Although in this digital age it seems like it will definitely be harder to not have a ton of pics and videos.

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @liljabee I waited nearly three days for my induction!  I was told I would be called on Sunday (when my OB was on shift), so I got all ready to go on Saturday night, only ate light meals, and waited around for the phone to ring.  They never called, so we sat around all day Monday eating only light meals.  Then finally we got the call around 11:15 am on Tuesday morning. It was agonizing waiting for the call!

• Options
    @liljabee - So sorry.  unfortunately its very common for inductions.  Since your waiting can you at least walk around and have them call you when they are ready?  What are you waiting on (room, IV, meds?) 

• Options
    @liljabee I don't have experience with inductions, but that sounds so frustrating!! Good luck, I hope you get in soon!

• Options
    FX for a smooth process, @liljabee!

• Options
    @liljabee I'm glad they finally got you into a room. Now I'm nervous as I just scheduled my induction for Monday, starting Sunday at 7pm. I can't even imagine showing up and having to wait...  :#
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker