July 2016 Moms
Options

7/25 Weekly Randoms

2»

Re: 7/25 Weekly Randoms

• Options
    Has anyone noticed a friend change from pre-kid to post- kid?  A friend of mine told me he didn't want my baby to come to his bday party- watching the Olympics at somebody's house.  It really hurt my feelings.  But also, it is really easy to be like ok, you don't want to hang out with my kid but I do, like all the time so f u, I'll watch the olympics at home with my baby.  Really what would my one month old do to ruin his time?  Probably sleep....  Whatever....
  • Options
    @austinjl yep, one of my supposedly best friends still hasn't come to meet baby and see me, and he's a month old! She lives in the same city and will text me telling me how much she misses me but then that's it pretty much. And it's not like she's crazy busy, I see her on snapchat going shopping, day drinking, doing other stuff.. Disappointing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sboston06 Congrats! I love the name  ;)

@abpl2014 Yay! I'm so happy Henry finally gets to go home! What a great day for you guys!

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so frustrated. On Sunday we went to a friends house and apparently he wasn't feeling well but I didn't know until the next day when he got a fever. I was hoping we were safe, but nope. I just woke up with a sore throat and my LO has a stuffy nose. I'm really unhappy. I have to throw a baby shower by myself this weekend. I barely have the energy to do that normally being sleep deprived. 
  • Options
    So my mom came into town to "help" me...and while I'm grateful that she came down here to begin with, she's just kind of inept. Has no idea how to deal with a newborn whatsoever. Was sitting there yesterday cluster feeding Charles for hours on end yesterday; never once did she offer to refill my water bottle or grab a snack for me. In fact, never asked if I needed anything at all. Instead she decided to reorganize my kitchen, which I do not need. Finally I asked if she could do some of the dishes for me because I was exhausted. When I came out she had cleaned the dishes but instead of putting them away she just stacked them up on my counter and went on to do something else! It sounds petty but I thought she would actually help me! Now I can't wait until she goes home.
  • Options
    Congrats @HoneyBear40 fellow Monday ticker changer/ due date sharer! Also, in regards to tearing, last time I struggled immensely pushing out my 8lb 1 oz son and had to have a full on episiotomy. This time I had a small first degree tear with a 9lb 12 oz baby that I pushed right out. You just never know.
  • Options
    Congrats to the new moms! Hoping to join you soon. I've been having contractions pretty consistently the better part of the morning. 
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    I had a sweep done today, to those who have had it done before.. did it work for you? I'm having some bleeding now and some bad cramps, so I'm hoping it's going to have some sort of effect. If not, I'm going to be induced next Wednesday which also happens to be BF's driving test, which we've been waiting 7 months for! Typical.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @LF93 i had one done yesterday and now I'm having pretty regular contraction the next day. I did have some cramping when I left the office plus some bleeding which went away within 4 hours. And sometime in the middlemof the night these contractions started.  Hoping they turn into something for you! 
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @babycakesday That's reassuring :) Fingers crossed it'll work for me. Good luck to you, hope everything goes smoothly!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @LF93 I had a sweep, contractions started 8 hours later, I was holding a baby six hours after that!
  • Options
    Im hoping theyll do  a sweep for me tomorrow.  How far dilated were you to have yours done if you dont mind me asking... i wasnt sure if you had to be dilated or at a certain point to have one.  They didnt offer up at my 39 week apt but I wasnt dilated yet just soft or whatever.. @stellaluna14 @LF93
  • Options
    @rnyland1 I think we have the same mom. Mine was inept too and things got really tense between us while she was here. I hope yours goes home soon!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @john5111 I wasn't told at my appointment how far dilated I was but I just checked my book and she wrote that I was 1 cm dilated. So that's something!

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @john5111 I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. After the sweep I was 4 cm. Apparently, I found out after my baby was born, my midwife has a 90% success rate of babies being born within 24 hours of a sweep. It was INTENSE, she was not messing around. 
  • Options
    @mrsmommya Congratulations! Glad you had a successful induction and no stitches for a big baby!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have a feeling I'm going to be joining the overdue club.... which is really depressing as I'm still holding out hope for my VBAC. I guess we'll know more after my appointment this afternoon.
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    I'm in the middle of my induction. Got my water broken at 10:30a, started pitocin at 2pm, got epidural around 4:15pm - I'm at 5cm praying that this baby comes quick! I'm starving! This is my 3rd baby, but first time with Pit...that causes intense contractions!!! Wow. 
  • Options
    Good luck @carolynpetite! Hope baby comes quickly and you get to eat soon  ;)
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    Good luck @carolynpetite! I had heard before my induction that pitocin causes insane contractions, but holy shit I was not ready for how crazy they were. Hopefully you get to eat something soon!
  • Options
    I'm smuggling Ada away from visiting family members at the moment because after I nursed her last night and made sure she was in a good sleep so her younger cousins could hold her, she was bumped, jostled, bounced, purposely woken up, etc. Spit up after eating after they left and didn't settle down until 230 am. She's been sleeping hard all day in between feedings and I'd like it to stay that way. She obviously needs it or her body wouldn't be doing it.
  • Options
    @carolynpetite Omg I am in love with that blankie and matching head piece. Where did you have those made?!?
  • Options
    https://alyson-scarlett.myshopify.com/products/personalized-blanket-and-headband

@TiffRox81 highly recommend her! She's a mom that does this out of her home and the blanket is so lovely and soft!
  • Options
    I think I am crazy. DH and I are thinking of selling our nice home that we've spent 7 years fixing up and buying a total gut job fixer up home. I have a 2 1/2 and 4 week old. I might regret this? However, I am also very excited about it
  • Options
    As a FTM, I'm nervous about not knowing when it's a good time to go to the hospital. I'm GBS positive so I want to make sure I get there with adequate time. When I had my NST I was contracting every 5 to 6 minutes but very briefly. Now they're more intense and a lot longer at 15 to 30 seconds. I lost my mucus plug yesterday and had bloody shown since. 

I confess I'm petrified of being a mom and knowing what to do. Like, this tiny human is dependent on me. My brain is all over the place with anxiety. 
  • Options
    KASGKASG member
    I feel you @DachshundMomma I'm afraid of getting there too early/for nothing and being sent home. Or so late that there's barely any time for whatever I might need.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    @KASG I'm glad it's not just me! The hospital is only 5 minutes from me so it isn't hard to get there but I don't want to be premature. I'm overdue as it is so I feel like maybe I'm just wanting it over and hoping this is labor.
  • Options
    I fully intended on going into this non medicated however this back labor is not for the faint of heart. 
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma good luck,  I'm rooting for ya!!
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
  • Options
  • Options
    Good luck @DachshundMomma!! 
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge