August 2016 Moms
Options

Crabfest Monday

Nikkoli98Nikkoli98 member
edited July 2016 in August 2016 Moms
I closed out my registry while in labor.  I ordered a Halo Bassinest for baby to sleep in.  Apparently they have terrible quality control and one of the 4 legs is manufactured incorrectly. They were not open on the weekend and now that they are open they do not seem at all concerned or in any rush to fix this problem.  What the heck people? DH and I are tired of sleeping on the nursery floor! (The baby's crib won't fit in our bedroom.)

Re: Crabfest Monday

• Options

@nikkoli98 Honestly those things are so damn expensive I would be PISSED if it didn't work. Between the piss poor customer service and the poor quality control, I would be returning it!  We have this one, and it was easy to set up, and fits nicely in our room. The only thing I don't like about it is the shell isn't wash-able, though the mattress is.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Rock-Play-Portable-Bassinet/dp/B008DDPL32/ref=sr_1_9_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1469461657&sr=1-9&keywords=bassinet

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm with @midwestbaby. I'm just over work. I know maternity leave will be no vacation, but I'm absolutely looking forward to it! I'm not over it enough to sacrifice time with baby, so I'm sucking it up until this little one makes an appearance. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My crabfest is that co worker who texted me over the weekend hoping I "enjoyed my day off because she was slammed" (when I was in the hospital, meeting with a MFM) has been totally bitchy and resentful because she is doing my usual work while I am just handling smaller / easier one - of situations.  Seriously?

1. You need to be involved in whatever I would usually do, because I might literally have to walk away from it 5 minutes from now, and not be back until October. Your "slammed" Friday was a normal, fairly slow day for me.

2. You need to be DOING what I usually do, while I am still here, because if there are any questions - I can answer them. That is less likely every day from now on...

3. This is our slowest time of year - we really don't *need* two people this time of year, and right now we actually have THREE (including the temp.) So gradually easing me out of the workflow shouldn't cause a any issues...

4. I am 9 months pregnant. Staph!

• Options
    I'm over work too. But, I'm on the late end of the August deliveries (35+5), so am going to need to figure out something to keep me somewhat motivated. I just want to stay home, arrange the nursery, get DD's big girl room fixed up, and sleep. I know maternity leave is no holiday, but I am looking forward to not having to be anywhere at a certain time for 12 weeks
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ditto on being so over work.

I'm also already getting pressure about checking in as soon as my 6 weeks of STD are up (even though we all no legally I have no obligation to do so). Apparently the higher ups are concerned things will fall apart while I'm out. My coordinator, bless her heart, is sweet but not very bright, and completely unqualified for her own job, much less handling anything of mine. But our CEO forced me to hire someone internally with no experience for a position that needs 2-5 years experience so... She already screwed up two big things today so I'm extra irritated. Rant over.
  • Options
    SkiChic626SkiChic626 member
    edited July 2016
    Just got out of my 37w appt (really I consider it my 38w appt because I only have one more before my c/s), but I'm cranky now because baby is still really high up, just like his sister was.  Apparently my non-stop BH have been doing NOTHING.  My BP was slightly elevated, and it's 100 degrees here today (I'm a winter girl, so I'm not the biggest fan of the heat unless I'll in a pool or down the shore

Going to have to re-edit this later because the app cut off half my post!! 
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options
    I am DONE with this heat and humidity! Can it please be fall yet? All I want to do is stay in and rest in cooler air but I also need to keep my 3 kids entertained. 

Whatever the DR in L&D did to me 2 nights ago has me so sore that it hurts to get up, lay down or walk. I just need to make it to the 3rd then baby girl will be here. 
  • Options
    Just got out of my 37w appt (really I consider it my 38w appt because I only have one more before my c/s), but I'm cranky now because baby is still really high up, just like his sister was.  Apparently my non-stop BH have been doing NOTHING.  My BP was slightly elevated, and it's 100 degrees here today (I'm a winter girl, so I'm not the biggest fan of the heat unless I'll in a pool or down the shore

Going to have to re-edit this later because the app cut off half my post!! 
    Had my appt last week (37.5 weeks at the time) with the same result--I cried afterwards because I was really hoping there would be signs we were getting closer. This week's appt isn't til Weds (one day shy of 39 weeks, so hoping for some improvement). Baby still feels high to me, but is punching my cervix more often (oh, joy!)

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    This is NBR but I am just in major venting mode. I am finally doing my legal name change after getting married last summer. I put it off for almost a year, but wanted it done by the time the baby comes. 2 weeks ago I went to the Social Security office, and changed my name from First Middle Maiden -- dropping my middle name and using my maiden name as my middle name from now on. So now I have a Social Security card that says First Maiden Married, if that makes sense. I completely dropped the middle name I grew up with. So, now that I have my new SS card I went to the next step in the process, the DMV to get a new driver's license. Well, I went there today and was told that the federal government changed the rules just last week, so now I can't drop my middle name like I wanted to. Even though I'd already made the change with social security!! You have to go to court and file something and get it approved by a judge if you want to drop your middle name. For a name change due to marriage, you can only change your last name, or you can add on (but not drop) a name. So I could have been First Middle Married, or have 4 names, First Middle Maiden Married. I was so angry to be put on the spot like that, I was basically forced to choose my name right on the spot (or try to go to court, but of course I don't have time for that with the baby coming!) or not change at all... except that I already did so with Social Security so I am in limbo.

So now I have a SS card and a driver's license that have two different names. The DMV lady couldn't even tell me which name is technically my name right now!! She helpfully pointed out, "I mean, how often do you show anyone your ss card anyway?" Well, lady, not that often, but when you do, it's usually important!! I will have to get back to the social security office ASAP and try to change my name again, to match the one that the DMV forced on me. Hopefully they will let me, I'd imagine it sets off alarm bells when someone tries to get a new card twice in a month. But I kinda need to know what my name is to put on my child's birth certificate.  :'(
  • Options
    cm716cm716 member
    @Snaps816 i don't know if this will make you feel better but.... your maiden name will be put on the baby's birth certificate regardless of your legal name. I legally changed my name 6 weeks after we were married. My daughter was born two years later and her birth certificate and her sister's both have my maiden name.

I believe they do it for some sort or recordkeeping/genealogical purpose.

My daughters were born in two different states and both list my maiden name even though every other piece of paper I have has my married last name.
  • Options
    @cm716

omg I could have written that! On the weekends, I do arts and crafts shows outdoors, and the people are getting so annoying. It's like I'm a broken record about my pregnancy. It's like they want me to say I'm miserable in this heat. Yes, I'm swollen and it sucks but I don't need every person reminding me! I'm trying to stay positive and make some more money before baby. Lol
  • Options
    @Snaps816 I think that if you explain what happened at the SS office, they should be understanding and work with you. I recently went though the name change process and I didn't get my card in the mail so I had to go in and do a non-receipt. The office then told me that you are only allowed 10 cards in your lifetime, so while you may not show it for everything, it's a little scary to think I am now down to 7 more in my lifetime.
  • Options
    @Snaps816 that sounds really odd to me because it seems like if it were that close to the law changing that the SS office would've informed you of it so you didn't run into that issue at the DMV. I think I recall the SS office telling me to wait a few days before I could go to the DMV. Is that a federal thing or just in your state?
  • Options
    @Lynnlove28 My SS office told me I had to wait at least 48 hours before going to the DMV. They never said, "oh by the way, the naming rule is going to change in a week so you better go before then!" I can't help but wonder if the DMV was wrong, or interpreted the rule wrong. Because this lady just didn't seem all that smart and had a hard time answering my questions. We shall see! 
  • Options
    Of course my MIL would manage to frustrate me before this Monday is over with. I think it was last week I bitched on here about hospital visits and all that jazz. Well we haven't discussed it since then but DH made it clear to her that we aren't sure exactly what time they can visit the day that LO is born but we will let them know. 

My CS is scheduled for 9:15, so it all depends on when we get out of recovery and are moved into a room. It also depends on when DD wakes up that day and then when she naps. Some days she's up early so she goes down for a nap between 12-1 and sometimes she's up later so she goes down closer to 2. We won't know until the day of but have told his family that it'll probably be around 6pm before they can come up there which isn't that big of a deal because they will work that day anyway!

Everytime DH talks to his mom she brings up visiting at the hospital like we are gonna change our mind or something. Tonight she was talking about how DHs 15 year old cousin apparently told her that she though that they would just meet us at the hospital when we go in that morning. She said she told her that "that's not what we wanted so they can't come till that evening". I would love to tell her toStop being condescending about it before she isn't allowed to visit at all. Our maternity ward of the hospital is completely secured and the only way in is to check in with a guard who will call our room and ask if it's ok to send people back. I will have no issue turning her away. 

Why does everyone make having a baby about them?! I know it's an exciting time for everyone but I feel like women especially ones who've had children should understand that I'm not gonna want a room full of people as soon as we are wheeled back from recovery. 
  • Options
    SekeramboSekerambo member
    edited July 2016
    @Snaps816 - your legal name is whatever is on your social security card.  When I got married I added my husband's name to the end of mine.  The social security office used a hyphen and the dmv said they could not use a hyphen.  When it came time for taxes the next year, our accountant did not use a hyphen (like dl) and it caused some problems.  I ended up having to go into the the IRS to resolve the issues and it still took months.  It all had to do with my name not matching my social security card.  
  • Options
    Using this for today. DH has yesterday and today off, so I laid back down after my doctors appointment because I barely sleep at night. So apparently DH thinks that's the perfect time to reorganize our cabinets. Wouldn't be that big of a deal if the kitchen and our bedroom didn't share a wall. We also have an old house so the walls are super thin. 
  • Options
    Ew at my STD benefits. Vaginal delivery = 6 wks but there's a 14-day elimination period so they only pay me 60% of 4 wks worth, not the actual 6 wks. I'm using 2 wks of PTO so really, after 6 weeks of paid/partially paid leave, I'm out the remaining 6 wks unpaid.

So tempted to say, "bye feliciaaa!"
  • Options
    charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited July 2016

@Alikay20 If your doctor sees you at 6 weeks PP can he extend your "medically required" leave to 8 weeks? My co worker just went through that with her hip. Prior to the surgery one month was medically needed, but when he saw her at the one month follow up he refused to clear her to go back to work, so STD continued for another two weeks, until she was medically cleared to return.  Our policy grants up to a 6 week (with a one week elimination period) max, so she ended up using 5 weeks...

• Options
    @Allisun85 I am actually not sure. The rep from STD benefits said c-section is 8 wks and vaginal delivery is 6 wks. Sounded pretty black & white to me. Sigh. I'm learning so much about these benefits now than ever before and they're not as great as they seem to be at first. :/ 
  • Options
    @Alikay20 If there is ANY slim medical justification why you "can't" return to work (Oh hey, your iron is a little low, better not go back just yet...) I'd ask your doctor to write an extension and submit it.  Can't hurt right? Especially if you are planning on taking it off either way... a few extra weeks paid instead of not- when you already know not to plan on it - would be a nice surprise.

• Options
    @Allisun85 good point! I'll have to see how my 6 wk PP appt goes -- thanks!!