October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Thread 7/25

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 7/25

• Options
    @mrszoess DD woke up at 2am with a nightmare. On my way to her room, I realized I was ravenous. Wtf is with middle of the night hunger out of nowhere?
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    @kaytee1087 idk but I used to sleep w pb crackers on my night table for nausea, now theyre for raging hunger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sjo_thetwins ahh the joys of twins! Glad there's only one nugget in my belly because she's pretty good at stretching out on her own. Hopefully they calm down!
  • Options
    @sjo_thetwins I don't think Baby B has quite hit the bone, but he's getting close...I also will feel him in the middle under my sternum and it's a really weird feeling. It's rather uncomfortable when he's at my ribs, but I'm not good at making him move. Stubborn like his daddy already... 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @sjo_thetwins - that's so neat that you have two different placenta placements so you can tell the difference. I finally found out I have an anterior placenta, which explains why the majority of her movements seem muffled in comparison to what others here describe. Nothing painful, nor is it constant.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • Options
    @sjo_thetwins This LO does get up pretty high to make it uncomfortable to sit sometimes, no feeling of feet or fists on bone yet, though, thank goodness.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    Went to stand up this morning and almost fell over, my right hip could take no weight at all. Even on top toe it felt like I had no hip joint just pain. I had to hold the wall and dresser for a good 5 min before I could limp to a hot shower. This happened with my last pregnancy too. Like when you twist a barbie dolls leg up the wrong way ... I feel like that place in my hips is so week or flexible that it can't hold the weight right. I slept weird with my youngest pushing me off the bed so I didn't have proper support on that side. Also, I found out I'm still anemic and need to up my iron pills...
  • Options
    Anybody else feel sore between the legs like they've been kicked repeatedly in the groin? Haven't heard back from the OB yet about whether it's normal...
  • Options
    Hahaha @brzvice that's what I look like after flossing 
  • Options
    Yes @jennielu! I am experiencing that kind of pain. Right now it is just on my left side.. but I'm also feeling pain in my lower back, down my left leg, hips and my butt hurts. 
  • Options
    @brzvice @SpaceBurger That's what my mouth looks like after brushing, WTF gums?
  • Options
    My belly button hurt so much today. I'm not sure if it's just overstretched and ongoing through a growth spurt or because baby seemed to be poking out around there or a combo of both, but it's been incredibly uncomfortable and sore today!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sjo_thetwins... Only one in here and she's not SUPER strong with the rib kicks yet, but when she gets going, it's not comfortable at all. I feel for ya girl!

• Options
    Baby just turned head down -yay!- but almost immediately settled in a position that puts constant pressure on the tendon between my pelvic bones (right above the pubic bone) and OUCH! 
    I officially cannot roll over without pushing myself with my arms and any time I walk for more than two minutes I end up waddling and hobbling. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    I had what I thought was just carpal tunnel, bc I used to get it in my one wrist, but it's more in my hands than wrists. I started wearing carpal tunnel braces and my wrists feel pretty ok now but it's getting worse every day now, and when I wake up I can barely bend my fingers. When I do bend them, some fingers feel like they can't unbend and almost click back. Gonna call the doctor today because it seems really weird and not normal  :/
  • Options
    The eczema! THE ITCHING. I have never dealt with eczema before and I have two huge breakouts of it running the entire length of both my arms. The midwives have been hesitant to prescribe me anything but Eucerine is just not cutting it at the moment. Has anyone had any success treating/managing it? 

• Options
    @lindzsers My brother deals with terrible chronic eczema and he actually found a natural chickweed lotion that seemed to really help him. It was at a little local crunchy boutique but I bet you could find something online.

All of my sex drive has disappeared and all the fatigue is back. Poor DH, but he hasn't been a jerk about it or anything. It's like I'll enjoy it if he instigates, but otherwise I'm pretty content  just going to sleep lol.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    @UponAStar16 - carpal tunnel for me has been pain/numbness in my hands and fingers; nothing in my wrists. It helps to keep your wrists straight, thus the braces. I sleep with them on both wrists and it helps, but I still wake up with some pain and numbness. But it's 100x more painful if I don't sleep with them on. Mine aren't too bad during the day, even though I work at a computer. Using my cell phone will make them go numb pretty quickly.

Anyone had the T-DAP (whooping cough) vaccine yet? I had mine at my glucose screening Monday and the injection site is still super tender and I have a big lump under the skin. The dr didn't say anything about it being more painful, etc. than others. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience...

• Options
    @MorganL925 I haven't had the shot yet but I've heard from others that they had several days of tenderness at the injection sight. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MorganL925 I had mine a week and a half ago, and my arm was sore for about 3 days. The nurse who administered said its normal due to the tetanus in the shot. 
  • Options
    I had the TDAP yesterday and yea my arm is super sore. I also feel kind of sick from it too, just achey and run down, which apparently is also a side effect. 
  • Options
    @MorganL925 Yep soreness is totally normal. The nurse told me a little redness and swelling at the injection point was normal too but I didn't have any of that. 

Today is the first day I feel like Baby B is sitting really low and heavy. Especially if I let my bladder get too full. It's almost uncomfortable to walk. 
  • Options
    I had mine 2 days ago and I can't sleep on my side, it still hurts a bit.
  • Options
    I got my TDAP yesterday, my arm is really tender today and got sore about 4 hours afterwards yesterday.
  • Options
    lindzsers said:
    The eczema! THE ITCHING. I have never dealt with eczema before and I have two huge breakouts of it running the entire length of both my arms. The midwives have been hesitant to prescribe me anything but Eucerine is just not cutting it at the moment. Has anyone had any success treating/managing it? 
    I don't have eczema. But I did get a rash from an allergic reaction earlier in pregnancy and it itched so bad!!!! My OB recommended Aveeno 1% hydrocortisone cream. She said to just put a little on once a day. It made a huge difference and the rash completely cleared up in a week!! Good luck, and I hope you find some relief. Itching is no fun.

• Options
    Yikes on the TDAP. I am not looking forward to getting that...

LOL @MRSCORKER about your husband needing to suck it up!! Men have zero clue what pregnancy (or labor) is like, and most could not handle it. That's why it's a woman's job.

• Options
    @Pupatella No kidding! He was in the hospital once and nearly passed out from having to get an IV. I told him it was a good thing I was the one birthing the babies. I can't wait to see is face during our childbirth class when he sees the epidural needle, lol!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    I found a video somewhere a few years ago where a team of doctors hooked some kind of vest up to the partners of pregnant women that supposedly simulated the progression of labor contractions so they could get an idea of what labor was REALLY like, I'm going to try to find it.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I've seen that too, it's HILARIOUS!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MRSCORKER I think that should be a requirement for fathers-to-be now, just sayin'...  >:)
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies. The nurse didn't mention anything about after effects. I figured it'd be like a flu shot, aka no real side effects.

• Options
    @MRSCORKER I think that should be a requirement for fathers-to-be now, just sayin'...  >:)
    This is what should happen at birth class! Ha! 
  • Options
    @mrscorker - my husband can't even talk about needles.  He had to go for a blood test a few months ago after one of my tests showed a gene mutation for cystic fibrosis - they had to test him to see if he had the same gene mutation, to rule out the odds.  The amount of convincing it took to get him there...then how much he moaned about it afterward, you would have thought he'd had an arm amputated.  Then, when the test came back negative, he was all "so I never even needed to go!". *sigh*  And how do women get the reputation for being the weaker sex??

P.S. I haven't mentioned the whooping cough vaccine in a while...building myself up for that battle!
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies. The nurse didn't mention anything about after effects. I figured it'd be like a flu shot, aka no real side effects.
    I wish I reacted to flu shots like you... they make me terribly ill and sore after I get them!
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER @LMNOBaby
    Just for the record, a fear of needles is COMPLETELY separate from weakness. Just last year I sliced my thumb open and calmly walked to the sink to wash it off and check if I could see the bone. Yet bring a needle anywhere near me and my chest tightens and my chest breaks out in a stress rash. I have cried every time they took my blood this pregnancy. The primary reason I want a med-free birth is to avoid needles. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    I am getting pains in my side, almost a my hip. They're bad enough to make me stop and need to sit (which is hard when my job requires me to be on my feet for 8 hours), but not enough to make me feel like I need painkillers. Could this be the round ligament pain I've been hearing so much about?
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker