September 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change - 7/25

How many weeks?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

GTKY: (Stolen from last Friday's ticker change):  What were your favorite board games as a kid?  
Married 9/19/09
Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker Change - 7/25

• Options
    How many weeks?

What size is baby?
    - Dr/ultrasound estimates 6lbs! 

Upcoming appointments?
    -check-up this Thursday and another growth scan on August 11. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    -I feel like garbage... This pregnancy has been extremely rough.  I'm just trying to hold on.  

-still dealing with preterm labor despite taking procardia twice a day.  The contractions are painful and irritate my kidney stint! Blah. 

GTKY: (Stolen from last Friday's ticker change):  What were your favorite board games as a kid?  
    -Uno (card game but still counts right?), Sorry, and checkers.  
  • Options
    How many weeks? 31

What size is baby? 
    football

Upcoming appointments? 
    next monday

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    We finally started on the rooms this weekend.  We painted the boys room and will put bunk beds and new furniture in there next weekend, then can start on the nursery.  The room will stay light blue with white furniture, we just need to put the crib back together and fill it with baby stuff (diapers/wipes, decorations, clothes...).  I'm optimistic it'll all get done.  My parents and brother are coming down to help too, which will be great.

Right now, I'm loving cranberry juice with lime flavored seltzer water.  So refreshing!

I loved Monopoly and Mall Madness!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks? 34

What size is baby? 
    Two weeks ago he was estimated to be a little over 4lbs so maybe he's 5 now? 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Weekly NST today. Fingers crossed it goes well and amniotic fluid is back up (it was low last week)

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Insomnia is killing me. I asked DH if I was doomed to sleep this terribly for the next few years. His hesitance to reply was concerning. 

I've been craving water! So thirsty. Oh, and sleep. 

I'm a therapist and work with children so I play a LOT of board games to this day haha. I like Guess Who a lot and I also enjoy Candyland because it makes all the kids smile, no matter their age. 
  • Options
    How many weeks? 33 weeks

What size is baby? 
    Celery, or ~ 4-5 lbs.

Upcoming appointments? 
    Check up next Monday

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Nursery is painted, clean, and mostly set up!  The crib and mattress will arrive this week, so soon it'll be all set for baby.  We also have our birth class/hospital tour this weekend and the shower next weekend.  By 35 weeks, I will technically be fully prepared for baby's arrival - in terms of stuff, at least.

So much overnight swelling.  My feet/legs/hands don't look too bad, but all of my joints are stiff and painful when I wake up.  It goes away as I start to move around, but that first half hour or so is terrible.

13 Dead End Drive, Clue, BrainQuest, Cranium - generally, games that required enough thought that I was practically guaranteed to crush my younger siblings.  I never liked the games based on lucky dice rolls, etc...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sarafuss said:
    How many weeks? 31

What size is baby? Football

Upcoming appointments? Next week

Rants/Raves/Questions? I posted about this somewhere else, but a 13 hr road trip with this tiny bladder space was quite an adventure! Otherwise, this week of vacation is bliss. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?My in laws (who we're visiting) are not big on veg, and it's all I want. Pasta dishes and fried seafood are delicious, but I need fruit and veg in the hopes that things start moving again! I've also had dessert 3 days in a row (usually a 1-2x a week for us) and feel pretty yucky. 

GTKY: (Stolen from last Friday's ticker change):  What were your favorite board games as a kid?  We played Monopoly so much that we nicknamed it "the nops". Also went through a scrabble phase.

• Options
    How many weeks? 33

What size is baby?
    Ferret, pineapple

Upcoming appointments?
    Next Friday

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    We had the nursery almost all set up, my dad came over to install closet shelves and moved everything out into the room.  Apparently I had more stuff to clean, it looks like a giant junk room now.  

Still ice-cream and pizza.  

Guess Who, my sister and I would play that game for hours.  

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Options
    How many weeks?
    35 - yikes... I said that like 5x out loud today and scared myself each time. 

What size is baby?
    18 inches & 5lbs, roughly a pineapple

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

• Options
    How many weeks? 34!

What size is baby? 
    I haven't looked to see what the food comparison is but I'd guess around 5.5-6 lbs. since he was 5lbs. a week and a half ago.

Upcoming appointments? 
    NST and fluid check tomorrow.  NST and office visit on Friday.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I went to triage on Saturday night for high BP and a headache.  Labs looked normal but they sent me home with a 24 hour urine catch.  Dropped that off today so I should hear tomorrow or Wednesday what those results are.  I'm so ready to have this baby already!  Of course I'd like him to wait 3 more weeks or so.  

craving foods I can't have (due to GD) and as far as symptoms go I'm just feeling huge and exhausted.  Heartburn sucks and I have to pee constantly.  

I loved Clue and Guess Who.  I have the new version of Guess Who and my 5 yr old loves it.  It's so fun playing it with him. 
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ducks6ducks6 member
    How many weeks? 33

What size is baby?
    Baby is measuring small so whatever the bump says, I guarantee it's wrong.

Upcoming appointments?
    Ultrasound to check growth (again) on Friday

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Baby is measuring small on growth scans and the OB at the hospital who's been conducting them keeps talking about delivering the baby early (like next week). I'm sooooo not ready for that. It also goes against my hope for a intervention free birth. Obviously, I'll do what's necessary to have a healthy baby but I don't trust this OB and it's stressful.

Heartburn has gotten BAD. I wish there was something I could do to alleviate it.

I loved playing Sorry and Monopoly with my cousins.

Me: 30 | DH: 32
    Together since 2008 | Married 2012
    TTC #1 October 2014
    BFP #1 October 2014 | CP #1 October 2014
    BFP #2 November 2014 | CP #2 December 2014
    BFP #3 June 2015 | MMC at 16 weeks September 2015
    BFP #4 January 2016 | EDD September 12, 2016 | Baby Ducks born September 5, 2016

• Options
    @ducks6 Oh no!! I'm sorry to read about your OB. I also didn't know babies had to be delivered early is they were measuring small? That seems counterintuitive to me. 
  • Options
    ducks6ducks6 member
    @mom2adoodle - It does seem counterintuitive but it kinda makes sense. If the baby gets diagnosed with IUGR (intra-uterine growth restriction) sometimes they want to deliver baby early because they worry the baby's not getting enough nutrition from the placenta/umbilical cord. However, in my situation it doesn't make much sense to me. The baby is very active, looks healthy just small. They're worried because he/she appears to be dropping on the growth charts but I don't really trust growth charts as none of my friends have babies who grew on the growth charts. DH was a tiny baby (under 5lbs full term) and I was small but not as tiny (under 7lbs born at 42 weeks). I think we likely are dealing with genetics but the doctor doesn't seem to want to take that into account. Good news is I have a really supportive midwife and am definitely going to get a second opinion before I agree to an induction so early.

Me: 30 | DH: 32
    Together since 2008 | Married 2012
    TTC #1 October 2014
    BFP #1 October 2014 | CP #1 October 2014
    BFP #2 November 2014 | CP #2 December 2014
    BFP #3 June 2015 | MMC at 16 weeks September 2015
    BFP #4 January 2016 | EDD September 12, 2016 | Baby Ducks born September 5, 2016

• Options
    @ducks6 Yes, good call about a second opinion! I would be weary as well. I too have heard those size estimates can be very off so if baby is doing alright why risk it!?
  • Options
    How many weeks?
    32 - time is flying 

What size is baby?
    Asparagus?

Upcoming appointments?
    Not for 2 more weeks

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Totally over people being so excited that I "finally look pregnant." People and all their opinions just get to be too much. I just smile and refuse to engage further. Next!! Another rude ass comment is how my body has changed and will stay that way even after the baby. I'm like, there's this thing called EXERCISING...but anyways!

Nothing new, still loving my Popsicles daily, and with this heat I have the perfect excuse. 

One summer before 7th grade I played Monopoly literally every day with a neighborhood friend. As a little kid I loved chutes n ladders and operation.
  • Options
    Ampip2270 said:
    How many weeks?
    35 - yikes... I said that like 5x out loud today and scared myself each time. 

What size is baby?
    18 inches & 5lbs, roughly a pineapple

Upcoming appointments?
    Weekly on Mondays now. Had one today (yesterday) all was well. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None, I don't think. I had one yesterday when I originally made this post and it somehow got deleted but it escapes me today - must not have been important. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Can I have an aversion to the heat please?? Lol in Buffalo it's abnormally hot and humid, and it just sucks. 

GTKY: (Stolen from last Friday's ticker change):  What were your favorite board games as a kid?  Chutes and Ladders & Yatzee
    So I posted this yesterday and for some reason it only posted 2 answers.