February 2017 Moms
Options

Appointments week of July 25th

2»

Re: Appointments week of July 25th

• Options
    HOLY MOTHER OF EFF you guys.  I did the finger stick for the NT blood work today.  Actually, my mom did it for me because it turns out that I am, in fact, too much of a weenie to stick my own finger.  It was actually good having my mom do it, as she's an anesthetist and really knew the best place to do it.  But anyway, the part that I wanted to tell you guys is that I bled EVERYWHERE.  Like, blood running down the side of my hand and dripping all over the counter.  I guess the increase in blood volume is starting to happen? I've never, ever bled that much from a finger stick, and I have to do one at least once a year for my work's health assessment thing.  I'm like.  Scared to take the bandaid off right now.
  • Options
    Our appointments went well but I now have more appointments. I have to see the MFM next month and start doing cervical length checks and they want me to get a sonogram of my heart. So I will have 4 doctors appointments next month and I have to start my progesterone shots at the end of next month.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had our 12 week appointment yesterday. It was a quick one, but we got to hear the heartbeat which was awesome. I also found out my blood type is RH negative which freaked me out a bit, but after the doctor explaining it, and doing some googling, I've convinced myself that I need to not worry about it, just to definitely let them know right away if I have any spotting. Otherwise, I'll get the Rogham shot at I think 28 weeks, and then probably again after the birth. I don't think I've seen anyone else mention this on this board, anyone else have the same situation? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pennylucille I haven't heard anything from my doctor yet, but I know I'm RH negative.  I mentioned it in my intake appointment and the nurse was just like "nbd you'll just have to have a couple extra shots."
  • Options
    @pennylucille @MonaLisaRalphio I'm also think negative. It wasn't as big of a deal with my first - but since she was born RH positive they seem to be keeping a closer eye on it this pregnancy. Still just a shot at 28 weeks and one post birth if we have another positive baby 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker