February 2017 Moms

Symptoms 7/25/16

Re: Symptoms 7/25/16

• thanks @starfish113 ! yes the side effects of reglan were extremely scary, especially once I looked up people w/ that movement disorder you can get from it. Was one of the reasons I wanted to get Zofran as well, besides the fact that the 2 days I took it there was no help w/my nausea. I have been taking unison and B6 and it seems to have been taking the edge off sometimes, so I will probably stick with that unless the vomiting gets unbearable again! Fingers crossed I just keep feeling better!

• Loading the player...
  • (Posted in last week's thread by accident so reposting here!)

Hi ladies!
    Today, 12w2d (2nd ultrasound tomorrow - fingers crossed! - and had an umbilical cyst show up on the 1st ultrasound, so I'm hoping that's resolved and not going to be an issue...)

Nausea is getting better it seems (likely thanks to the miracles of Diclegis!), but I'm super tired most of the time AND can't sleep well - awesome! And now I've got a cold which is the worst since I'm such a baby when it comes to sinus stuff and obviously not taking the hardcore antihistamines that would make me feel better. Grrrr. 

Rant: other than run of the mill preggo stuff, we found out that we've been outbid on our dream house by some jerks with 100% cash and lots of it (boo!!!!), so it looks like we're going to be staying in our cramped apartment until at least next spring - I was hoping to move pre-baby, but that's not going to happen (boo again!). At least we can keep saving a bit, I guess. 
  • You girls with HG hurt my heart. My regular old run of the mill morning sickness is killing me... I can't imagine feeling as bad as you guys feel and trying to live my life. It sounds like hell. Big hugs for you guys... You're rock stars. 
    Second this! I have FELT like I might get sick about 25 times total since my bfp. Never actually gotten sick though. I feel so bad for you ladies and hope for relief for you soon. Yay babies!?
  • Is anyone else having back pain? I'm 10 weeks and it's come out of nowhere.  A little freaked out.   
  • Is anyone else having back pain? I'm 10 weeks and it's come out of nowhere.  A little freaked out.   
    Not sure what kind of back pain you're having, but I have pain around my tailbone at random times and when I try to do too much. I've found twenty minutes of ice before going to bed helps the next day. 
    Not sure what kind of back pain you're having, but I have pain around my tailbone at random times and when I try to do too much. I've found twenty minutes of ice before going to bed helps the next day. 
    Hey @Patience7150 @CornchipLA @BlondePeanut @WinchesterGirl I think I saw all 4 of you said you are having back pain. Just thought I'd lump you guys in a tag, maybe you can help each other out if you've found any remedies or relief.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  How many weeks are you?
    9weeks

2.  What have your symptoms been like?
    My cold killed any pregnancy symptoms I had, but now that it's going away evening nausea is coming back with a vengeance!  For the last three nights I haven't been able to eat dinner, I'll take a few bites and then push the plate away. I AM keeping it down though.

3.  Rants/raves/questions/comments/concerns
    Super concerned I am not eating enough, well at least not enough to give my little guy or gal the nutrients they need. I have a first meeting with a midwife tomorrow and I am going to ask about prenatal vitamins to take.
  • 1. 12 weeks 
    2. Round ligament pain has let up since I stopped carrying DS, but nausea has been back since Saturday even with the Diclegis.  Yesterday I even threw up my morning pill 11 hours after I took it.  That shouldn't even be possible!!!  Maybe my new symptom is really that I'm apparently not digesting timely, even though I feel the need to eat every couple of hours and the additional nausea is the side effect of that?
    3. It's almost 2nd tri, It's almost 2nd tri, It's almost 2nd tri. 

• 1. 11 weeks
    2. Mostly fatigue and heartburn. But this morning out of nowhere I had to throw up. It's the first time I've had to throw up during my pregnancy and I really feel lucky. My thoughts go out to you poor mamas who are battling severe morning sickness!
    3. My sweet husband works in the same building. He came down to my floor and didn't act completely repulsed when I have him a play by play. Not even when I [took it too far and] reenacted it for him.......
  • My back pain has pretty much eased up. It ended up lasting about 2 days and passed on its own! Hopefully you ladies will get past it soon too!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • My back pain eased up too. Not completely gone, but it isn't torturing me anymore. I just have itchy skin...almost like very dry skin patches that randomly pop up like little hives and itch me to death, then they disappear. Not daily, seems to act up when it is  very humid out and the pollen count is bad. Must be allergies
  • kswiger06 said:
    Is anyone else having back pain? I'm 10 weeks and it's come out of nowhere.  A little freaked out.   
    Hey @Patience7150 @CornchipLA @BlondePeanut @WinchesterGirl I think I saw all 4 of you said you are having back pain. Just thought I'd lump you guys in a tag, maybe you can help each other out if you've found any remedies or relief.
    These stretches/exercises were suggested for my back pain by my pain management DR and I have found this video very helpful when dealing with back pain even when not pregnant. 

https://youtu.be/Kqen9y_W6OI
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• 1.  How many weeks are you?

12 weeks 3 days

So hungry, All. The Time. But I am turned off by basically all things healthy, all I wants is carbs and cheese...wth?

3.  Rants/raves/questions/comments/concerns

I agree with @krob , I need summer to be over. It's too damn hot.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited July 2016
    1. How many Weeks? 9weeks 6 days

2. Symptoms: Nausea & Vomiting continues to stick around.. and it's those violent heaves that made my husband cringe & say, "Sounded like that really sucked". Yea, no sh!t. Oh and I can't get enough sleep. lol

3. Rant /Rave/Question/Concern: We got into a car accident Sunday, and thankfully we are ok. My son's rear facing seat did its job so he walked away scared but not hurt. DH is fine, and I've got some bruises, but I'm concerned about baby. I'm worried that the accident may have exacerbated the SCH. I'm praying(and very optimistic) that Thursday's OB apt reveals everything is fine!

@scifichick09 yea the one time I tried to eat a salda instead of carbs- it came right back up. Just stick with what your tummy can handle right now! lol :D
  • 1.  How many weeks are you? 10

2.  What have your symptoms been like?  So much better.  Breasts are way less sore.  Nausea is only every once in awhile (mainly when I haven't eaten in 3+ hours).  And, I haven't had to take a nap in over a week!  Almost feel like a normal person.

3.  Rants/raves/questions/comments/concerns:  It has been so hot and humid and my level of tiredness seems to get worse every time I need to walk any amount outdoors.  Also, I'm so ready to start sharing the news...  We are waiting till after some test results from my next doctor's appointment (two weeks away) and it's so hard to not let anything slip with family/friends/co-workers.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kirstynikole sending good wishes your way! a car accident is pretty much my biggest fear right now. Glad everyone is okay. 
  • I am sooooooo sick of feeling like shit. I spent the last two days on the couch trying not to puke. If puking made me feel better I would've just done it, but I know it's impossible to stop once I start. My poor daughter has been sooooooo good to me and I feel awful that she hasn't had much fun. I ordered her a new baby doll on Amazon that will come tomorrow and give her something to lift her spirits. Not that she doesn't already have 6, but, mom guilt. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. 12w2d

2. My nausea is finally starting to get better.  I'm not nauseous all day everyday like I was before. Thank God! I'll still get nauseous though for about an hour and then vomit.  

3. I'm still recovering from a fall that resulted in a concussion and broken nose I had two weeks ago.  I'm off from work which is a huge relief! The hardest thing is to "rest my mind." I feel like this is the first time during my pregnancy I can truly let the thought of a baby sink in.  I just lay here and think about what it will be like and I get so excited! I think the fall was a blessing in disguise to force me to rest.  

• @kirstynikole I hope everything is ok! Did you go to the hospital right after? You should have just to make sure everything is ok.  But in general, this early on in the pregnancy, baby is very well protected.  It probably didn't even feel anything.  I hope your U/S goes well!!

• edited July 2016
    kswiger06 said:
    Is anyone else having back pain? I'm 10 weeks and it's come out of nowhere.  A little freaked out.   
    These stretches/exercises were suggested for my back pain by my pain management DR and I have found this video very helpful when dealing with back pain even when not pregnant. 

https://youtu.be/Kqen9y_W6OI
    Up until my fall, I was having really bad tailbone pain, as well. I think that's partly what contributed to my fall, because I couldn't catch myself due to the pain.  But since I've been off work for 1.5 weeks, the tailbone pain is gone.  So now I know that the major culprit is sitting at my desk for work.  When I do finally go back to work, I think I'll have to get that donut pillow. And yes, the above exercises do help a lot!! 

• Patience7150Patience7150 member
    edited July 2016
    @Steelerfan78 thank you for the video! I had a particularly painful thirty minutes of it today and this really helped! DHs comments about the position didn't, but meh. 

Edited because words.
  • The dizziness is awful. Started through out the night and won't let up. I don't know what to do with myself... Ugh.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @kirstynikole I hope all is ok! A little unsolicited advice-assuming you weren't at fault, don't accept any settlement offers until you've been seen by your doctor.  I'd go earlier than Thursday if you can. Everything's probably fine but you want it all documented for the insurance sharks. 

@concreteangell I've been dizzy a lot too. TB says its normal for 12 weeks but I agree, it's super annoying and makes me really nervous. 
  • @Xstatic3333 I remember you saying you were going through it too. It's a little reassuring I'm not the only one and that it's normal at this point in the pregnancy. 

DS is home sick today and I feel like I can't take care of him properly. Picking him up in my arms is worrying me. I'm not walking in a straight line all the time... H may have to come home earlier if this doesn't get better...
  • @Xstatic3333 I remember you saying you were going through it too. It's a little reassuring I'm not the only one and that it's normal at this point in the pregnancy. 

DS is home sick today and I feel like I can't take care of him properly. Picking him up in my arms is worrying me. I'm not walking in a straight line all the time... H may have to come home earlier if this doesn't get better...
    Take it easy mama! Everyone's different but the other an egg sandwich (#2 for the day!) helped me a lot. 
  • @Xstatic3333 I drank a glass of orange juice and ate a muffin and now I feel much better. I think the OJ really did it though. I'm not diabetic but maybe my sugar was a little low as well. 

I'm still dizzy if I lift my head up or turn my head too fast but feeling better. I'm glad you're feeling better too!
  • 1.  How many weeks are you? 9w+6

From weeks 5-7 I was SO TIRED starting at 5 PM. So tired, I was angry about it; The sleep version of Hangry. But, if I stayed up past 9:30... I could not fall asleep for hours.That's gotten less constant. Now I've starting having extreme bloat days. Some days I'm normal-ish, and then every other day my waist will be 4 inches bigger. Baby is barely an inch long at this point, so I'm not sure what he/she is up to in there. 

I've been extremely lucky with morning sickness. I occasionally get queasy if I haven't eaten in a while, but never to the point where I can't ignore it and power through. 

3.  Rants/raves/questions/comments/concerns?
    I seem to be relatively calm about caffeine. There are conflicting studies, and the conservative American guidelines say 200 mg a day is safe. The WHO says 300 mg. A soda is fine. Heck, nearly six 12 ounce cans of coke are fine by the American standard. I think listen to your doctor. If you avoid caffeine 100% by choosing the cookie without chocolate sprinkles (because chocolate has caffeine!)... That's great for you. But I don't think we need be be ashamed of ourselves (or shame others) if we have a cup of coffee every day. If you want to be impressive, forget no caffeine...keep your sodium under 2300 mg every day.

We all do our best and avoid doing things that will hurt our babies. Like skydiving. Or motocross after 12 weeks. Go us, we can all be proud :) 
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo @AfKash

thanks y'all! 
    @Xstatic3333 unfortunately my husband was partially at fault for the accident, but either way we're being seen just to follow up. 
  • So I guess waking up between 1 and 2 am to pee every night is a thing now... 

Also saw my OB yesterday. At first the nurse like freaked out at me because I'd lost weight and she scared my husband who after she left was all mad I didn't tell him. Luckily the doctor came in and said not to worry it was normal and it's not that I had dropped a significant amount. DH is still more concerned but not as much as right after the nurse left. He did tell me to get Unisom and B6 so I started that last night. A whole pill of that Unisom stuff knocked me out so when I had to wake up to pee I was so clumsy that I knocked into a bunch of stuff and woke DH up and I was still really groggy this morning so I didn't take it just the B6 this morning. I think I'm finally starting to get a bit of energy back though my nausea is still here so idk maybe it takes time...
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Hope you feel better soon, @marriedhamstermom!

I'm having this weird nausea resurgence that's totally different from how it was before.  I don't feel like I'm going to throw up or have many aversions, but there's this constant pit in my stomach that doesn't go away no matter how much food I throw at it.  It's very distracting and often painful.  Often coupled with heartburn.  Ugh.  Any other 12-13 weekers feel me?

• I seem to be relatively calm about caffeine. There are conflicting studies, and the conservative American guidelines say 200 mg a day is safe. The WHO says 300 mg. A soda is fine. Heck, nearly six 12 ounce cans of coke are fine by the American standard. I think listen to your doctor. If you avoid caffeine 100% by choosing the cookie without chocolate sprinkles (because chocolate has caffeine!)... That's great for you. But I don't think we need be be ashamed of ourselves (or shame others) if we have a cup of coffee every day. If you want to be impressive, forget no caffeine...keep your sodium under 2300 mg every day.
    This came across preachy and condescending.  I don't think anyone here is shaming anyone's caffeine intake. 
  • @Xstatic3333 I feel you. I didn't, until about 10 minutes ago. I've all of sudden become super nauseous...but it's not like how it was in my 9th week, it's different somehow. I can't really explain it, but it sucks. I'm super uncomfortable.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Xstatic3333 I'll be 12 weeks on Saturday and I feel the EXACT same way. I was trying to explain it to my husband yesterday and just kept calling it a "weird stomach feeling." A constant pit is a good way to describe it--it makes me feel like I should keep eating, but nothing seems to help. Mine almost feels acid-y at times, way deep in my belly...like, have you ever had too much alcohol on an empty stomach, and it makes your stomach ache until you get some food in there? Or is that just me? :) In any case, it kind of feels like that!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Did my usual nighttime routine & took my prenatal with crackers to only have it come back up violently a mere 2 minutes later. Then about 2 hours later I was jolted awake from my sleep and ran into the bathroom to violently hurl again. 

Ahh this is bliss.  :|
  • @scifichick09 and @moonovergoldsboro sorry you're in the same boat! It sucks. I'm supposed to be cooking a nice dinner tonight with fresh tomato and basil, which I want to eat, but it just HURTS and nothing helps. 
  • QUESTION: This is my 1st pregnancy and I have no idea what to expect. I'm 11 wks and occasionally I'll feel some "pain" near my pelvis and at the bottom of my stomach. It is not cramping and it doesn't hurt, more of a stretching feeling or a really mild poking feeling. anyone else have this? am I nuts? 1st US tomorrow so that may answer some questions.... plus I get to see my little key lime!!
  • @Gretchypoo I get that too. Pretty sure it's just round ligament pain. It will continue the whole pregnancy. Definitely ask your doctor because I am no health professional ;)