March 2017 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating - 7/25

2»

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating - 7/25

• Ok, is anyone having luck with a healthy lunch that has sounded good to them? I am struggling this week! I love my morning smoothie, thank god that hasn't sounded gross to me! But the salads I usually eat for lunch just do not sound good... Maybe I should bring oatmeal or something... Anyways, what's been working for you guys?! Greasy foods do not sound great either  :s
  • I've been craving bangers and mash and finally made some tonight. So so so good!

• Loading the player...
  • Right there with you. I have to eat every 45 min to an hour or I get queasy. I've gained like 6lbs in 4 weeks - but I also am bloated and constipated, so I hope some of that weight gain is that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have only really been craving blueberries. And cheese. So now I'm eating lots of fruit with cheese. White cheddar & apples is the best thing ever right now!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last night, I had an urgent and dire craving for spinach quiche. I had DH drive me to two grocery stores until I finally found the brand and type that I like. When we got home, it was late, and I decided to have the quiche for breakfast. I went to bed thinking about it. This morning, I woke up, ready for a scrumptious breakfast. I looked at the package, and my stomach turned. I had Eggo waffles instead. I hope the quiche sounds appetizing again soon...
  •  Schumerator said:
    Ok, is anyone having luck with a healthy lunch that has sounded good to them? I am struggling this week! I love my morning smoothie, thank god that hasn't sounded gross to me! But the salads I usually eat for lunch just do not sound good... Maybe I should bring oatmeal or something... Anyways, what's been working for you guys?! Greasy foods do not sound great either  :s

I am having the same problem! Before pregnancy I really enjoyed a salad with grilled chicken or turkey for lunch and now that makes me gag. I also used to be a big fish eater and I can't stomach that either. I'm living mostly on saltines right now, if I come up with anything I'll let you know. :|
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a craving for avacado toast topped with a poached egg. So that's what I had for breakfast. But the egg was cooked well and it kinda changed the whole dynamic. **sigh** Enjoying sriracha as long as I can before the heartburn kicks in. 
  • Ok, is anyone having luck with a healthy lunch that has sounded good to them? I am struggling this week! I love my morning smoothie, thank god that hasn't sounded gross to me! But the salads I usually eat for lunch just do not sound good... Maybe I should bring oatmeal or something... Anyways, what's been working for you guys?! Greasy foods do not sound great either  :s
    I'm having the same issue.  I typically crave vegetables and whole grains and used to eat a combo of those things for lunch religiously.  However, a big raw salad and quinoa/other whole grains are just so unappealing.  I've been trying to substitute fresh fruit with whole milk plain yogurt to get my nutrients and since pasta is very appealing, I've been making whole wheat rotini with fresh burst cherry tomato sauce, torn fresh basil, and a sprinkling of fresh parm.  If I'm craving dairy, I'll add a scoop of skim ricotta.  I seem to tolerate the veggies better if they are cooked.  You could throw some cooked spinach, kale, or other leafy green into the dish too to boost vitamins.  

*BTW, I'm on my laptop and am having an annoying glitch where the emoticons are randomly popping up and inserting themselves (cutting off my words) when I don't want them to.  Please ignore them.  

OneFoot's Quick Fresh Tomato Marinara

1 Pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (or 2 large tomatoes, chopped) 
    1 clove of garlic, minced
    1 TBS olive oil
    Salt/Pepper    :sweat:
    6-7 Fresh basil leaves, torn or chopped
    :sweat:

Lightly saute the garlic in the olive oil until soft (do not brown), add chopped tomatoes, simmer 15-20 mins.  Season with salt and pepper.  Just before serving, mix in the basil.  ***You can also roast the tomatoes and garlic at 375 until they burst.  It will yield a thicker topping for the pasta but is still tasty.  Just toss them w/minced garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper before roasting.  

• I have been eating everything in sight. I have needed to eat about every 2 hours for the last couple of weeks to keep the nausea at bay. But in the last couple of days, it feels like 30 minutes after I eat I am starving again. 
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• I have set up shop in carb town and I hate it. The only things I can stomach are toast, bagels, popcorn and cereal. I've choked down a couple salads to try and make myself feel better, but it isn't going well. I've also had some cravings for pudding for some odd reasons.

My midwife definitely helped me feel better and told me that during one of her pregnancies all she could eat was cereal and so she ate an entire box of lucky charms in one day.
  • I actually started craving taco bell out of the blue so I got it for dinner....I rarely ever eat fast food. What is this baby doing to me?! 
  • I want to eat all things..... then I eat it and its like bleh I want to puke all things....

current craving. Perry's Steak House's Famous Pork Chops.

For lunch im going to try to eat a calzone today. Try.................................................................... I should eat healthier. really I should... but healthy food sound so NASTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

SaveSave
  • The last time that I craved these was when I was pregnant with my daughter...for this reason I'm guessing it's either another baby girl or a starving college student. 
  • Mac and Cheese I what I have been craving and basically anything pasta related.
  • mrsw1981 said:
    The last time that I craved these was when I was pregnant with my daughter...for this reason I'm guessing it's either another baby girl or a starving college student. 

that looks.. really good right now

SaveSave
  • I made an inappropriately large batch of homemade chicken pad thai last night.  I wanted to to eat it for breakfast but didn't.   I could eat nothing but this right now.

Still early for me.  I feel like I could eat 24/7.  No nausea.   I think I am craving protein and carbs equally.  I just want all the food.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @onefootinthebayou yummmm I'm definitely going to try to make that sauce! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited July 2016
    Just ordered a pepperoni and feta pizza for myself and the kids!  @spartanrd4 I've craved Taco Bell as well, even though I never eat Taco Bell (and only occasionally eat fast food). It surprises me, because generally the only stuff that has really sounded good this pregnancy has been "fresh" food (salads, sushi, fruit, etc.)...
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Grilled cheese, breakfast sandwiches (no meat, meat is turning my stomach). 

Give me all of the carbs and cheese. 
  • mtmama2mtmama2 member
    edited July 2016
    Popeyes chicken! Their biscuits are to die for!

Edited because "they're/their/there"

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• all the carbs. all the lemonade. all the cheese. 

March 2017 August Siggy Challenge-  Summer Fails

formerly known as theabels

Married to DH since May 2009
    TTC Baby #1 since October 2012
    Dx with Stage 3 Endo December 2013
    IVF #1 Retrieval: February 27- 21 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized via ICSI 
    March 4: 1 egg transferred. 10 embies on ice!
    March 17: BFP!!

FET#1 Transfer: 6/30/16
    7/7/16 BFP
    Initial Beta 396! 
    Beta 2- 1007
    Beta 3- 2952

Official Due Date 3/18/17!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @onefootinthebayou yummmm I'm definitely going to try to make that sauce! Thanks for sharing :)
    I got hungry for it after typing that so I made it for dinner. Haha. It's a good basic/versatile sauce. Last night I mixed in a whole grated zucchini that I sautéed and some skim ricotta. I mixed it all in w/the pasta and while it was all really warm and comforting, it was still pretty packed with veggies. The ricotta also mellows out the acid from the tomatoes and frankly the farm fresh tomatoes that are in season right now seem more sweet than acidic. (It's like 5:30am and I'm already thinking about food...) 
  • I choose what I eat which is really weird and I hate my favorite foods now I can't even take a bite of a J.co donut.. Or hot choco milk really weird. I eat coconut candy which I do hate b4 when I wasn't preggo but now I love them.
  • RunBooRunRunBooRun member
    edited July 2016
    So nauseated this morning, but I had dreams about ramen last night. Not the microwavable stuff, the real stuff like:

Best I ever had was at Ippudo in NYC. I told DH this morning that Ippudo is only 3 hours away from us...

ETA: I just looked up a bunch of ramen places in Boston that we haven't tried and emailed them to him. That's only 45 min away, so much more reasonable.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• I was justifying my English muffin slathered in peanut butter this morning because I'm feeling crampy and have a headache. Then I open up my Bump app and their is an article on how "nearly half of women gain too much weight in pregnancy" and "you don't need to increase calories until the third trimester" 
    *sigh* they know...... 
    go away Bump. Let me eat my carbs in peace. ;)
  • Cheese bagels. Smothered in butter. Oh so healthy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RunBooRun said:
    So nauseated this morning, but I had dreams about ramen last night. Not the microwavable stuff, the real stuff like:

Best I ever had was at Ippudo in NYC. I told DH this morning that Ippudo is only 3 hours away from us...

ETA: I just looked up a bunch of ramen places in Boston that we haven't tried and emailed them to him. That's only 45 min away, so much more reasonable.
    Oh God, Ippudo is so legit.  I've tried a couple of places in Cambridge, they aren't bad.  Sapporo in Porter Squ. is very good and Shabu & Mein in Kendall Squ. is also good in a pinch.  I've had Totto in NYC and apparently there is one in Boston now.  Happy slurping!

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/boston/boston-s-best-ramen-spots-yume-wo-katare-pikaichi-totto
  • RunBooRun said:

Oh God, Ippudo is so legit.  I've tried a couple of places in Cambridge, they aren't bad.  Sapporo in Porter Squ. is very good and Shabu & Mein in Kendall Squ. is also good in a pinch.  I've had Totto in NYC and apparently there is one in Boston now.  Happy slurping!

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/boston/boston-s-best-ramen-spots-yume-wo-katare-pikaichi-totto
    Marry me?
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• SienaC said:
    Popeyes chicken! Their biscuits are to die for!

Edited because "they're/their/there"

I threw that up at 5.5 weeks... and like..... I cant stand it now sigh

SaveSave
  • LEMON POUND CAKE!!!!!!!

SaveSave
  • @mrsyimster that sounds like it would be terrible to throw up...I mean nothing is pleasant but that sounds exceptionally bad!

And now I will think about nothing but lemon pound cake today! That sounds amazing!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• my pregnant self was SUPPOSED to eat homemade broccoli cheddar chicken ..but against my better judgement I followed to recipe and did not cube the chicken and ya .. it was still pink after an hour ...with a guest over.. how embarrassing  :'( so we ordered stupid pizza 
  • I love sweets now chocolate pudding and hershey kisses like i could finish a pouch and pizza and which is overloaded with meat pineapples and mozzarella cheese and iced lemon tea oh I also love the pool and stay in the water forever pretty weird.. I couldn't eat anything sour and spicy anymore and the smell of raw meet made me gag.
  • My parents brought me bojangles biscuits from Jacksonville! Let the carb party begin! I'm feeling the mommy guilt for not eating actual food but I just cannot stomach it. Carbs only.

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • vprodvprod member
    @RunBooRun omg I lived in NYC until very recently and I have been craving real ramen so much lately! <3 ippudo <3
  • My morning staple now is frozen waffles when I wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning. And I've been craving Icees/slushies. Probably because that's just about the only liquid other than water or milk that sounds good.

I used to take my lunch to work at least a few times a week, but my usual lunch things just don't sound good. However, I have been craving and eating Subway like crazy!
    EDD: 3/3/17
    It's a BOY!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Carbs and more carbs.  Lately I've been enjoying Pringles chips...salty and delicious!  Had shrimp alfredo with garlic toast for lunch today...yum!
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker