June 2015 Moms

new behavior that I hate

My son has started grinding is teeth. It does not appear to be a nervous/unintentional thing, but a purposeful behavior. I think he was just experimenting with the sound at first, but then saw my reaction and began doing it because it's funny to make mom freak out. Any idea's on how to make him stop. I don't know how to explain this in toddler vocabulary. It's not like with hitting "ouch! that hurts mommy."
Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
2nd round exp 8/20/18.
Meow.

Re: new behavior that I hate

• Is he getting new teeth? My daughter did this a lot as she got her front teeth. It made me cringe, and took everything I had to keep it together. For us it was a phase, try not to draw attention to it.
  • He definately could be getting teeth. I hope this is just a short phase.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Loading the player...
  • my son also did that. not constantly but from time to time he would do it. come to think of it, I haven't heard him do it anymore. so glad for that.
  • My LO started grinding her teeth too when she had her front top and bottom teeth at first.  It seemed like it was just a way to explore the new things in her mouth, etc.  It's been several months now that she first had those teeth come in and I haven't noticed her grind her teeth again in the past couple/few months now that I think of it.
  • dianabeee said:
    my son also did that. not constantly but from time to time he would do it. come to think of it, I haven't heard him do it anymore. so glad for that.

this.  I noticed this around when DD's top teeth came in (she got 6 teeth in a 5 week period, so I don't even know WHICH top teeth triggered it, I was so so tired all the time) but I haven't noticed it in a long time.  probably she was just getting used to having teeth on the top and bottom.  We've had about 2.5 months off of teething now but I fear that the next round is upon us, given the recent amount of drool I've been noticing.  Ugh.
  • I want to add we found the toilet and just wanna put socks in it ugh I hate it
  • Both of my girls did that when cutting teeth. I'd just give them something else to chew on

• Uchh. It just started with us tonight. Bleh