February 2017 Moms

Names

Re: Names

• DH is vetoing a lot of the girl names that I suggest. The only name that we both agree on is Emma, but DD's name is Emilie, so Emma is not going to happen.

If it's a boy, we are 80% sure it will be Aidan Frances, my maiden name, and then our last name. Frances would be after my FIL, that is his name.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• BrittRN+ said:
    Yeah both Violet and Hazel are beautiful separate, but a bit much together. I think Emily Blunt just named her new baby Violet and she already had a Hazel. I will admit I side eyed her.
    Yeah, that what made me second guess it. 
    I do like Delilah, but am wondering what mn....
    probably something simple like Jane, Rose...

I love Delilah too. Delilah Jane is pretty. Delilah Hazel could work? Or Delilah June, Delilah Eve, Delilah Mae
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is vetoing a lot of the girl names that I suggest. The only name that we both agree on is Emma, but DD's name is Emilie, so Emma is not going to happen.

If it's a boy, we are 80% sure it will be Aidan Frances, my maiden name, and then our last name. Frances would be after my FIL, that is his name.
    I love when maiden names can be used as first names. A friends maiden name was carter so she named her son that. My maiden name wouldn't work though 
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MommaBean said:
    Um, DS (7) doesn't yet know I'm pregnant, but he JUST asked when we can have another baby and suggested names. For a girl, he likes Rose/Rosa or Daisy and for a boy, Dalton. This is the second time in 3 days he's brought it up - I think he's picking up on the subtle conversations around him? Maybe we're not being that discreet after all?
    Ha, funny you should mention that he has ideas for names. DD does know we're pregnant and her names are Claire for a girl and Mason for a boy (both friend's names at daycare).

However, she is insistent that this baby must be a sister, so clearly is must be a Claire :lol:
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • DH doesn't want to talk baby names until after we know the sex. Which I think is super lame. 

We have the most generic last name ever. So while I love all the top 100 names, we avoid because of DHs experiences being 1 of 4 identical first name/last name combos in his grade all thru school.  

DS is Micah Franklin. The only boy name I'm loving right now is Miles. Thoughts on have two Mi names in the house? Too tongue twisty/matchy-match?
  • @ohstars I think Micah and Miles are different enough as far as calling for them or something in the house. It seems a little matchy-matchy but if it's a name you love then I don't think it really matters.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • The girls name which dh & i agree on is Arya or Aria, not sure which spelling yet. I also love Antonia with a nn Toni but dh hates it.

Boys names are harder - dh wants to name a boy John after his dad who died when he was 17 & whilst i like the sentiment im not keen on the name itself (even tho it was my grandas name too) and feel like a bit of a bitch for not wanting to name a potential son after his dad cause it would mean a lot to him. I dont mind it so much as a middle name but so far i dont have any alternative suggestions for boys names so just kind of move on from the name conversations quickly. 
  • The dead relative thing is hard. I miss my dad and would love to name a child after him, but him name was Terrence and the hubs and I just don't like it.

Our son is Luke, if this little one is a girl she'll be Hannah. Violet is a favorite of mine, too, but I can't talk the husband into it, and I do love the name Hannah. We can't agree on a name for a second boy, but I'm going to push for Isaac. 
  • txjrogtxjrog member
    Momma0528 said:
    DD is Delaney. I fell in love with the name the first time I heard it. MN Elizabeth-- Delaney Elizabeth is a mouthful, but H's grandmothers were both Elizabeth and it was important to him. We have a notoriously hard time with names- naming DD was a 9 month process and we fought a lot. We haven't gone near names this time around yet- we figured since we will know the sex earlier this time around (next week!) we will just wait to tackle it then. 
    I love Delaney Elizabeth and don't think it's a mouthful! I love the name Delaney, but we already have a niece named Delaney. 

Anyone have a Jr for a son? Our EDD is DHs birthday, and he's been talking about doing a jr. I can't do that, but tried to meet him in the middle with Jon Louis (fn - Louis is a family name) Matthew (mn), but I feel like I'd still just call them both Jon and feel the same frustrations as I would over a straight jr. 

For a girl, we love Rosemarie Louise, and a boy Roman Louis, nn Rolo for both. 
    @Patience7150 be careful with a Jr. With the same birthday as the Sr. I know two different juniors who have a hell of a time with mail, bills, taxes etc. coming to them for their dad. I feel like having the same birthday too would complicate things even more with the government. One of them actually got arrested because his dad (they were estranged) had a warrant out and this guy got pulled over for speeding then taken in because they thought the warrant was actually for him. I'm not saying don't do it, just think hard about having that many similarities. 

BFP #1- March 4 (MC March 24)
    BFP #2- May 26
  • I'm another in the Italian name boat - my mother came from Italy in the 80's and I have so much family there. All of the cousins on my side of the family would have Italian names and I'd like to keep with that tradition - plus I want the link for heritage stuff. But the only boy name we can remotely agree on that isn't already used by a cousin is Georgio and we both had cats named George growing up... We love Matteo and Marco but I have nephews with that name. For girls we love Valentina (and loved it before the EDD was valentines day...) and Olivia - I also like Monica and Guilia (but DH disagrees that it should be spelt with a G - no J in the Italian alphabet so I'm not going for Julia...).

Any boy Italian names that y'all love? It can't be too "Italian" or DH can't pronounce it. My idea for announcing the pregnancy to my sister is to ask her to send us baby name books from Italy (she lives there now).
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• DS is named after H. So he is Jonathan Scott. When I was pregnant the 1st time I had the hardest time with names so I am glad my DH wanted to name him. With this one we have already decided on a name for boy or girl. Evelyn Kate (Evie) or Ethan Jack (EJ). I was dead set on the name McKinley for a girl for a couple years after DS, so there is a possibility I could change the girl name to that before it's over. 
  • We had Jack on the table for a boy. I am a fan of middle names being after family/ loved ones. The only name we have that would remotely go with Jack is my husbands name, Daniel. My husband wants the name Jack but doesn't like his name being used with it. He however is not giving any useful suggestions for a middle name. 

I would really like the name Rhoyce Nicholas, but my husband says his friend would get too big of an ego if we used the middle name Nicholas. 

We are torn on girl names. I like different names and he like common names. Jenna is the only one we are agreeing on right now. 

DH also doesn't really like to seriously talk about it since we don't know if baby is a girl or boy yet.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • catiecatp said:
    I'm another in the Italian name boat - my mother came from Italy in the 80's and I have so much family there. All of the cousins on my side of the family would have Italian names and I'd like to keep with that tradition - plus I want the link for heritage stuff. But the only boy name we can remotely agree on that isn't already used by a cousin is Georgio and we both had cats named George growing up... We love Matteo and Marco but I have nephews with that name. For girls we love Valentina (and loved it before the EDD was valentines day...) and Olivia - I also like Monica and Guilia (but DH disagrees that it should be spelt with a G - no J in the Italian alphabet so I'm not going for Julia...).

Any boy Italian names that y'all love? It can't be too "Italian" or DH can't pronounce it. My idea for announcing the pregnancy to my sister is to ask her to send us baby name books from Italy (she lives there now).
    The bolded above is the most important part of this entire thread.  Possibly the most important thing on the entire internet.
  • lfrank12lfrank12 member
    edited July 2016
    @catiecatp Our top boy name right now is Luca! 
  • My hubby and I went through the names debate even before we officially started trying. I suppose we like to be well prepared? We've settled on Abigail Rosina(middle name was my grandma's middle name) if it's a girl, or Harrison Vaughn if it's a boy; and I really can't remember how we ever got to the boy's name, it has no connection to either of our families anywhere.  My MIL insists they won't stick and we'll change our minds as soon as we see their little face; she says, "nope you'll see them and decide, that doesn't look like _____." I just don't see that happening though.
  • catiecatp said:
    I'm another in the Italian name boat - my mother came from Italy in the 80's and I have so much family there. All of the cousins on my side of the family would have Italian names and I'd like to keep with that tradition - plus I want the link for heritage stuff. But the only boy name we can remotely agree on that isn't already used by a cousin is Georgio and we both had cats named George growing up... We love Matteo and Marco but I have nephews with that name. For girls we love Valentina (and loved it before the EDD was valentines day...) and Olivia - I also like Monica and Guilia (but DH disagrees that it should be spelt with a G - no J in the Italian alphabet so I'm not going for Julia...).

My nonna and nonno came from Italy too. And my mom's maiden name is Pirruccio. So many of her cousins are named Dominic. And we have a lot of Gregory (Gregorio) too
  • jab3-2jab3-2 member
    I like Matthew Leo for a boy and Tessa Maureen for a girl. 
  • L JaneL Jane member
    We haven't talked names at all yet. I like to wait until we know the sex. My kids names are Elle, Jay (Jason), and Cate (Catherine) so we have to keep this baby's name short! We clearly prefer one syllable names. 

I love Ace for a boy. I loved the Mia short for Amelia someone mentioned. 
  • @txjrog I hadn't even thought of that! That story mildly made me crack up, but is a very excellent point for a strong veto. Thank you!
  • Sarah1253Sarah1253 member
    edited July 2016
    Names for us are always a challenge. He has a hard time being serious about names and never likes anything I do. I know I want a biblical name (Our Son is Peter Joseph) so that helps narrow it down. A few I like are Samuel, James, Elijah (Eli), Gabriel. 
    I don't  have as many choices for girls but Elizabeth (Ellie), Leah, Rachel and Lydia are all names I like.  I do love the names Tessa and Miranda (Mira) so it doesn't HAVE to be biblical if we can agree on something else. 

Im thinking of waiting to start the discussion until we find out if it's a boy or girl. I will say my husband was the one who brought up my sons name so eventually we will find something.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• We have two DD's, Julia and Ella.  We are having trouble agreeing on names this time around, especially for boys.  For a girl I have almost gotten DH on board with Lillian Georgia (middle name after the many George's in DH's family).  Though @kswiger06

• Ugh!  TB cut off most of my post:

@kswiger06 I love and suggested Lillian Mae, but DH wasn't a fan of Mae.  I love Vivian, but we have a V last name and DH think it sounds like a stripper name.  We both loved Leah, but too similar to Julia.

Girls names on the table: Charlotte (though it's so common it makes me rethink), Kylie (DH worries about association with Kardashian), Claire

Boys: My #1 is Tyler, DH loves Kyle.  I would love some honest opinions about Kyle.  Sometimes I like it, but then there's something that sort of rubs me the wrong way. David (after my dad), Cole, Nicholas (DH doesn't like nn Nick).  Boy names stress me out!

• Ours were decided years ago, haha. 
    Magdalena Lynne and Declan Lee. We have an Irish Mc- name so they will both be a bit syllable heavy but I don't caaare. Both middle names come from my side of the family. 

My mom still thinks we're naming it "McSquishy" because I've had my heart set on these for years but can't handle unsolicited naming advice from family right now. I'm thinking it may be a "surprise" for family and friends once the kid is here and it's too late to change. Lol.

@laurenmichael725 Kyle can go either way. All the Kyles I've known are either sweet, shy types who tend to be quite sensitive, or macho muscle men who might have more going on upstairs than they let show--or not. Middle name potential is great though!
  • @MrsLittleMac our baby's name will be a complete secret until after he or she is born, strictly because I am not interested in anyone else's opinion on our choice of names. It's hard enough for us to agree on names - why would I ever want to introduce other people's opinions into that mix??
  • We are set on a girls name. DH wants a junior but I am against it. I have some names that I like for boys but they are just so much harder to find ones I like. 
  • I'm so glad there is still time to decide... DH keeps vetoing a lot of names. I'm sure MIL will start texting ideas as soon as she knows I'm KU - but I'll be sure to let her know that it has to be an Italian name or we're 99% sure we're not going with it. 

---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• We haven't talked about names yet for the new bean. DS1 is Harlan and DS2 is Micah. I like names that are older, that aren't used very often. DS1 has my husband's first name as his middle name and my second son has my husband's middle name for his middle name. 
  • We had such a hard time finding/agreeing on a name for DD that I have no idea what DH and I will be able to agree on this time around! (DD is Emily Blake).

The problem I have is that I've worked in schools for over 10 years now and I feel like I associate every single name with students I've had. I also have a huge extended family that I'm close with and don't want to use the same name as one of my 40+ cousins.

At some point once we know what we're having, DH and I will have to sit down with our list of name ideas and veto/negotiate. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • @MrsLittleMac our baby's name will be a complete secret until after he or she is born, strictly because I am not interested in anyone else's opinion on our choice of names. It's hard enough for us to agree on names - why would I ever want to introduce other people's opinions into that mix??
    Part of me is completely on board with this because DH and I have a hard time agreeing. When we announced our son's name it came with mixed reviews, but it was literally the ONLY boy name we could agree on so we stuck to it. I'm not sure how I'd react to family really disliking a name. 
  • Sarah1253Sarah1253 member
    edited July 2016
    My FIL doesn't like Delilah because he's über Christian. 
    IDGAF. 
    I love Delilah and I'm Christian. My husband said no though. I don't see a problem with it. Obviously I would not be choosing Judas but Delilah is ok.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• I have no idea for a boy or girls name. DS is Titus, which I have always loved. 
  • beernbeern member
    DS is Elijah James, nn Eli.

Last time we were super set on Charlotte Elizabeth if it was a girl, but then the royal baby came along and it seems like Charlotte has skyrocketed in popularity.

We both randomly said we like Lucas for a boy this time around, but no MN yet and can't decide on girls' names yet.

Since we're having twins, this is going to be extra hard this time!
  • Ugh!  TB cut off most of my post:

@kswiger06 I love and suggested Lillian Mae, but DH wasn't a fan of Mae.  I love Vivian, but we have a V last name and DH think it sounds like a stripper name.  We both loved Leah, but too similar to Julia.

Girls names on the table: Charlotte (though it's so common it makes me rethink), Kylie (DH worries about association with Kardashian), Claire

Boys: My #1 is Tyler, DH loves Kyle.  I would love some honest opinions about Kyle.  Sometimes I like it, but then there's something that sort of rubs me the wrong way. David (after my dad), Cole, Nicholas (DH doesn't like nn Nick).  Boy names stress me out!
    I want Vivian, but my husband says no because of a sitcom show.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • @Xstatic3333 I love that you went through the companions! Whovians forever!
    Yay! Was thinking I was the only one around here. 
    Yay! Was thinking I was the only one around here. 
    Claire is such a great name and was such a terrible companion. 
  • We finally decided on a girls middle name today. We've had the boys first and middle and girls first for a while. 

Boy: Ridley Joseph
    Girl: Mary Jean

we just have always liked the name Ridley and my husband's first name is Joseph and he's a 3rd. We (mostly me) didn't want to go to a 4th. Just a warning for people with Jr and III your credit will probably get messed up. When they ran DH's credit for his truck they had stuff from way before he was born on it. 

Mary is DH's grandmas name and Jean is his mom's middle name. I kind of wanted the middle name to be Jane (mine and my mom's middle name) but we didn't like that it was a drug reference so when DH came up with Jean we were pretty excited. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)