September 2015 Moms
Options

No teeth

DD will be 11 months on Wednesday and still hasn't gotten a tooth. Everyone keeps telling me they are all going to come in at once which seems really terrible and painful. Anyone else in the same boat? She seemed to start teething months ago and I feel them in the gums but nothing has popped yet. I'm always nervous giving her small bites of food even though she seems to be ok with it

Re: No teeth

• Options
    No we have 8 teeth atm. You probably will get a few at once. My lo usually does them in twos
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I know an 18 month old who only has two teeth. Theyre all different. Noah has 8 and has for awhile, yet his best friend who is 2 weeks older just broke his first one this week 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm right there with you. 10 1/2 months old and no teeth. I swear I always think she's teething, haha. Who knows how they will come in: one, two, four? Just a waiting and seeing game for us! 

I do still just give her purées. I spoke with my pediatrician. I asked about fixing her thicker foods and she told me no because she still is just swallowing it. I guess you have to do what your comfortable with, and purées is it for us. 
  • Options
    I don't think they are just swallowing the food because they can 'chew' with their tough little gums assuming the food is soft enough. 

Anyway, my daughter is 11 months and got 4 teeth within the last month. Seems like 2 more are making their way. They're coming in twos. Some nights are rough but generally she's been her happy self. Some whiny-ness here or there but plenty of laughs and smiles. I haven't even given her any medicine. Don't stress. 

Shes now strictly on finger foods unless we're out somewhere on a day trip. She was getting plenty of finger foods and doing well even before her teeth. Pediatrician was on board. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    My baby girl is 10 months, and zero teeth. She's been acting as if she's teething for the last several months: slobbering, hands or teether toys constantly in her mouth, yet still not a single tooth! Both of my boys had 2 teeth at 6 months, and two more quickly thereafter. It's just another one of those things that all babies do differently. 

In terms of food though, she doesn't have any problems "gumming" her food! She loves banana chunks (I use the Nuby Nibblers for those-like a mesh bag type deal), puffys, pasta, cooked vegetables, bread, etc. We just make sure the pieces are small enough for her to handle! 
  • Options
    No teeth yet here either, but I'm still nursing and trust me, those gums are strong! 
  • Options
    I met a 15 month old at the beach yesterday that only had two. He was walking and running though. They develop differently. Little Man has 7 as of today, got three this week, I am sure the eighth is on its way. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    shelbyddshelbydd member
    edited August 2016
    My son has 8 teeth. He had 2 pop out at 6 months old and then went 3 months before any others. Literally in the last 6 or 8 weeks he's gotten 6. It sounds awful but it really hasn't been. There's usually a couple of days right after they pop through the gums and they hurt the most that are rough but it passes quickly. My best friends 14 month old didn't get his first tooth until he was about 12 months, now he has 3 with 5 more coming up. 
  • Options
    No teeth 10 1/2 wks old. Waiting for those cute  lil teeth!!!!! Doc says not to worry till they are possibly closer to 16 or 18 months 
  • Options
    My LO has 8 but his best friend didn't have any until he turned 10 1/2 months. He'll be 1 on the 17th and he's gotten 3 since. Don't worry
  • Options
    We just got our first two last week, LO is 11 months old since yesterday and it looks like her top teeth are coming soon. My mom always tells me she'll get them all at once so I looked at my baby book the other day and I didn't get my first tooth until I was 12 months but I got a lot of them at once! the 2 bottom at 12 and 4 top at 13 months, next 2 bottom at 14, so I wonder if my girl will be the same.
  • Options
    I have been wondering about this too, thanks for posting. Still no teeth for us either!
  • Options
    yellow1daisyyellow1daisy member
    edited August 2016
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    No teeth here at almost 11 months.   But like everyone else,  i swear he is always teething!  He's not too fussy,  but a lot of chewing on fingers... mine and his lol.   As far as food goes,  he pretty much eats everything we do! I still do purees in between just to make sure he is getting full, but he loves all table foods. Just last week he ate pork chops that i made for dinner.   We have even started ordering him his own kids meal when we go out.   It totally keeps him happy so we can enjoy our food!
  • Options
    We have 4 teeth and more on the way....teething is no joke. Hang in there. He seemed to be teething off and on starting 3 months old. First tooth at 7 months? Can't remember seemed like forever. 
  • Options
    This is my.first post back here in about... a year. Wow I really wish I would have stayed active on this board looks like it would have been alot of help. Between traveling for work and school full time I lost all personal time.

Anyway Due with #2 (that and now staying at home) brought me back and I wanted to check in on this board. Neat to see ppl still active!

DS 11 mo next Monday still has no teeth. I've heard contrary to what you have in that the later the better for them coming in. They are so active at this age that it's not their sole focus. Maybe that's just someone trying to sugar coat what's to come? :wink:

As far as food goes we do a combo of BLW and purees and DS does great with everything. Hasn't met a food he doesn't like. Like  @Kayciejoe56 we now order kids meals for DS when we go out.
  • Options
    Our niece didn't have any yet by the time she was 12 months.  They're all so different.  Don't worry. :)
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    Baby girl is now 11 & 1/2 months. ZERO teeth! Anyone else's LO still not teething? 
  • Options
    @PinkPrincessPiper

my daughter is the same age and still none. I swear sometimes I see something, but obviously I'm just crazy because she hasn't had a single tooth pop out!
  • Options
    still none here at a week over 11 months...
  • Options
    Baby girl finally got a tooth 2 weeks ago! She turned one on Saturday and there is now a second one halfway out. Top feels like they are coming in as well. :-) 
  • Options
    She's FINALLY getting one! On the bottom front right. She's miserable, but I'm happy she's finally getting some chompers!