February 2017 Moms
Options

California in October (Where to Stay?)

ShawllsShawlls member
edited July 2016 in February 2017 Moms
Hi ladies,

I'm looking for hotel recommendations! We'd like to do a "babymoon" (with our toddler) as a resort in California (we live in Vancouver, BC). We are ideally looking for a hotel that has rooms by the pool, so our toddler can swim and we can also relax while she takes a nap in the room.
Any recommendations? Thanks!!

Re: California in October (Where to Stay?)

• Options
    What part of California are you looking to visit

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    yeah California is huge.  also how hot are you looking to be?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    VastraVastra member
    I'm originally from San Diego, went to college in L.A., and have spent a bit of time in Central Coast and Northern CA as well. Let us know where exactly you're going and I'll give you more recommendations than you could possibly want! 

Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Options
    ShawllsShawlls member
    edited July 2016
    @raptormomma
    @PerraSucia
    @Vastra

We've been to different parts of California many times (L.A. beach towns, OC like Laguna or Newport, as well as Palm Springs) - never been to San Diego. Ideally looking for hot (so no San Fran) - high 70s/low80s (had to google that since I'm in celsius!) Overall, we prefer near a beach vs. inland since we live by the ocean here too. THANKS!!
  • Options
    I LOVE La Jolla and Coronado. 
  • Options
    Coronado is a great suggestion!
  • Options
    Terranea in Palos Verdes
  • Options
    I second la jolla! We stayed there two years ago for Valentine's Day and it was beautiful. You could also go into old town San Diego and get amazing Mexican food. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies - looking into all these options :)
  • Options
    My husband and I both worked on Coronado, it's such a lovely little town! I've also worked in La Jolla, equally beautiful but a different type of look. Really all of San Diego has my heart, it's where we had our first house.. we're hoping to return for a visit sometime soon.

If you do decide on the San Diego Area, let us know so we can offer food suggestions!! Because being pregnant, you'll obviously want some good food, right?! ;)
  • Options
    Ivorytower2Ivorytower2 member
    edited July 2016
    If you're thinking San Diego- Paradise Point Resort on Mission Bay is awesome. Lots of pools and restaurants and live music on Sunday afternoons. You wouldn't even need to leave your hotel! Kona Kai on Shelter Island is also gorgeous and there is tons to do on Shelter Island (Bali Hai, Humprheys, and a bunch of  great restaurants right in the area Pomadoro, Wine Pub, etc.)
  • Options
    Thank you!!! Will do :)
  • Options
    Palm Springs is a great destination almost all year round if you're looking for sun. It should still be fairly warm (80's-90's) in October.  They also have plenty of family/kid-friendly places to stay with huge pools.
  • Options
    amlark920 said:
    Palm Springs is a great destination almost all year round if you're looking for sun. It should still be fairly warm (80's-90's) in October.  They also have plenty of family/kid-friendly places to stay with huge pools.
    I was there a week ago and it was unbearably hot. Like 115. I haven't been in the fall though. 
  • Options
    ShawllsShawlls member
    edited August 2016
    Gingersnap I've been in April before and it was comfortable. I can imagine summer would be way too hot! My husband is still trying to firm up when he can take time off, so it's delaying our planning!!
  • Options
    The first two weekends in Palm Springs in October is desert trip. So you may not want to be there for that.