June 2016 Moms
Options

You know your the mom of a newborn when...

Re: You know your the mom of a newborn when...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daily wardrobe choice is the result of one question: "How easily can I get my boob out of this?" 
    This exactly!
  • Options
    My daily wardrobe choice is the result of one question: "How easily can I get my boob out of this?" 
    So. Much. This.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    When you spend a half hour in your closet trying to find something appropriate to wear to your grandfather's memorial that both fits your new post partum body AND you can nurse in discretely. 
  • Options
    When you almost fall asleep when you close your eyes at the dentist office while getting a filling replaced because you've reached a whole new level of tired. 
  • Options
    When you literally get panicky at the thought of how people raised kids without technology like Kroger click list and Amazon prime....they had to go to actual stores?!? With kids?!? Horrors. 
  • Options
    When you know the true meaning of multitasking. And things that would have normally taken you a long time to do takes you minutes now because you know that's all the time you have to spare before they need to be held, changed, burped, fed again. I now shower at least two hours before I have to be anywhere and then do things like brush teeth, dry hair, put on makeup, get dressed in the moments I get (if I get them). And I don't put a shirt on until I am ready to walk out the door.
  • Options
    You keep a backup pair of clothes for yourself in your car. 
  • Options
    When you know the true meaning of multitasking. And things that would have normally taken you a long time to do takes you minutes now because you know that's all the time you have to spare before they need to be held, changed, burped, fed again. I now shower at least two hours before I have to be anywhere and then do things like brush teeth, dry hair, put on makeup, get dressed in the moments I get (if I get them). And I don't put a shirt on until I am ready to walk out the door.
    all of this sooo much!!!

It's such an event to go anywhere. Even when I think I've got everything together and we're running on schedule, she'll all of a sudden spit up on my clean clothes and hers...ugh. I hate being late to places but it's so hard to be on time for things with an unpredictable newborn.
  • Options
    When you walk through the grocery store having full blown conversations with DS about how expensive coconut oil is but you explain to him that it's for his butt so we can't skip it. Lol
  • Options
    When you walk through the grocery store having full blown conversations with DS about how expensive coconut oil is but you explain to him that it's for his butt so we can't skip it. Lol
    I talk to my baby at the store all the time. I get funny looks sometimes from people who don't have kids 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When the most exciting part of your day is a successful pumping session...

Long gone are the days when it would have been a good happy hour! ;)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Love these!

When a task like cleaning the bathroom takes a week... toilet today.. maybe sink tmw... shower will get done when dh is home and LO is extra sleepy...
  • Options
    The amount of times you will just wipe spit up off your clothing then proceed to leave the house like nothing happened...
  • Options
    jmd921154 said:
    The amount of times you will just wipe spit up off your clothing then proceed to leave the house like nothing happened...
    This for sure. 

Also, no matter how hard you try, you are late to everything. Today we were already running late because Sammy slept a little longer. Then as I was putting him in his car seat I realized he was stinky, so I went to change him. As soon as I took his diaper off, he firehosed, completely soaking his outfit. It was fantastic, lol ;-)
  • Options
    amangels2 said:
    jmd921154 said:
    This for sure. 

Also, no matter how hard you try, you are late to everything. Today we were already running late because Sammy slept a little longer. Then as I was putting him in his car seat I realized he was stinky, so I went to change him. As soon as I took his diaper off, he firehosed, completely soaking his outfit. It was fantastic, lol ;-)
    Definitely! Usually it's BFing that makes it impossible to ever be on time but the other night it was explosive poop!
  • Options
    When you wake up at 5am and panic because no one is crying 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    adiaz132003adiaz132003 member
    edited August 2016

Omg yes!  Constantly waking up and if it's been more than 6 hours I wait to hear a breath on the monitor before I can go back to sleep.
  • Options

Omg yes!  Constantly waking up and if it's been more than 6 hours I wait to hear a breath on the monitor before I can go back to sleep.
    Dd slept from 8pm-5am, and I totally freaked out when I saw the clock and she was still sleeping. Not complaining about getting some rest, but my heart skipped a beat! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When you try to find a small mirror so you can place it under his nose because his PJs are so fluffy you can't see his breathing and you don't want to wake him up by touching him.
  • Options
    Or are awake at their normal 3:30 wake up before them... LO slept 10-6 last night (!!!!) and I was up waiting for her when she's normally up.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    When you cheer because he pooed or it was solid or it was the correct color.
  • Options
    When you find yourself breastfeeding in the backseat of your car in the Home Depot parking lot...
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Going to the store alone feels like a vacation!
    Truest thing I've read in awhile!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Or are awake at their normal 3:30 wake up before them... LO slept 10-6 last night (!!!!) and I was up waiting for her when she's normally up.
    Maybe there was something in the water last night. My little guy slept 10-5 and I woke up at 4am thinking he would wake up any moment.

• Options
    What carrier is that?
  • Options
    When you get super excited to see your baby has made a good poop after days of Nada.  (Or in our case today, 4 poops) 
  • Options
    When. You somehow learn to sneeze without making a sound, especially when you used to have one of those sneezes that made people jump cause it was so sudden and loud.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    When. You somehow learn to sneeze without making a sound, especially when you used to have one of those sneezes that made people jump cause it was so sudden and loud.
    I wish my husband would learn how to do this.
    I've had to wash our pillows regularly because we use them to buffer the sound!