October 2015 Moms

Weird effects from weaning ?

So my 9.5 month old decided a month back that he only wanted to nurse in the morning. So he nurses for a little bit in the morning, had a few oz bottles 2 9oz bottles of enfamil, and three solid feedings a day. I noticed since I've been nursing less, I have started to feel awful. I feel physically ill. Achey, bad acne, on and off sore throat, exhaustion and its been going on for weeks! Is this a symptom of weaning like maybe hormones?? Anyone felt like this?

Re: Weird effects from weaning ?

• nano1nano1 member
    I felt terrible after I weaned my first! No one I talked to seemed to relate. I got pregnant one month later, so I have no idea how long it would have lasted feeling that way. I'm nervous for when I wean this time!
  • Just curious, what effects did you feel?
  • Loading the player...
  • My first weaned very suddenly and all at once at 12 and a half months, which I was fine with emotionally, but I went through a bout of depression that I think must have been triggered by the change in horomones.  I was a mess for about a month.  I wouldn't doubt that the changes could also bring on physical symptoms.  Hope it ends soon!
  • lalenalalena member
    @BrooklynBroussard mine were sore throat, aches all over by afternoon but mostly in the neck and shoulders, low grade fever, headaches, moodiness, emotional shifts, and definitely slower metabolism. I still feel blah but it's not as bad. 
  • There is a hormone shift that comes after you finish breastfeeding.  Its common to go through some blues. I'm not sure about the other physical symptoms though. Perhaps call your doctor and have your B6 and thyroid levels checked?