July 2016 Moms
Options

Post Pregnancy Survey for July BMB

A thread for a post pregnancy GTKY survey.  This is meant to be different than the birth story on the announcement thread, with answers relativity short. If there are certain questions you would like to elaborate on or skip please feel free. I thought it would be interesting to see all of the different responses in one place.  Please keep this survey chatter free.  It is to be filled out after the delivery of baby.

The Basics:
- Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?:
- What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+):
- What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP):
- How many babies did you deliver at this birth?:
- Babies sex?:
- When did you start to show?:
- How far along were you when you delivered?:
- How big was baby?:
- Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?:
- Favorite part about being pregnant?:
- Least favorite part about being pregnant?:
- If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?:

Labor and Delivery:
-Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?:
- Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?:
- Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?:
- Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?:
- Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?:
- Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?:
- Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.:
- Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?:
- STM +: If you had a C-section the first time, did you have RCS or a VBAC?:
- C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?:
- A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere):
- What type of pain management did you use?:
- Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?:
- If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?:

Advice:
- What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self?
- What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self?
- What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self?
- What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor?
- Best advice another parent gave you?
- Worse advice another parent gave you?

Favorites:
- Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes:
- Favorite foods while pregnant:
- Favorite activity while pregnant:

Common Symptoms:
- Did you have morning sickness? What helped?
- Did you have heartburn? What helped?
- Were you constipated?  What helped?
- Did you have any swelling? What helped?
- Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped

Random Questions:
- Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind?
- Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth?
- When did you first feel baby kick?
- When did you partner first feel baby kick?
- Did you have any nesting urges?
- Did you go on a babymoon? Where?
- Pregnancy sex, yay or nay?
- What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy?
- Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy?
- Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones?
- Any food aversions while pregnant?

Anything else you’d like to share?

Re: Post Pregnancy Survey for July BMB

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Basics:
    - Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?: FTM
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+):  30
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): OBGYN
    - How many babies did you deliver at this birth?: One
    - Babies sex?: Male
    - When did you start to show?: 14 weeks
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 37 weeks 6 days
    - How big was baby?: 6 pounds 6.3 ounces
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: Vaginal
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: Baby movement, giant belly
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: First trimester sickness, being tired, limited movement, couldn't sleep on back or belly
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?:

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: Not until induction
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: No
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: Hospital
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?:
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: I didn't know the night before so I'm sure I felt fine. 
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.: Distractions- we watched Netflix, tried to rest
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: 36 hours
    - C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?:
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): Birth story posted with announcement.  I was induced because of pre-eclampsia and it took a long time.  I had trouble sleeping because I was scared/excited.  I was SO glad to have hired a doula.  I was not happy to be confined to bed for my labor.  I did end up getting an epidural which I think helped me sleep some and relax. Transition sucked. I was SO glad to get to the pushing phase.  Apparently I pushed for 45 minutes but it felt like 5.  I felt such a sense of relief when baby arrived.  And I felt like the biggest bad ass ever for birthing my child.
    - What type of pain management did you use?: Epidural
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: my husband, my doula
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: I wish I had been more assertive with birth plan preferences.  I wish I had been more positive after learning I had to be induced and confined to the bed. During pushing, I finally said there were too many people in the room and I wish I would have done that earlier.

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? You will make it to the end.  Also, don't wait until second trimester to exercise regularly.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Rest up!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Relax and rest some more.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? SLEEP
    - Best advice another parent gave you? Don't freak out
    - Worse advice another parent gave you?  You probably won't be able to keep up with breastfeeding.

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: Target
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: Bagels and cream cheese
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: Prenatal yoga

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? Yes, diclegis helped some.
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? Yes, TUMS
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? No
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? Yes, compression socks helped
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped?  Some, not too bad though.

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? Mostly just my mom.  It didn't bother me.
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? Team blue.
    - When did you first feel baby kick? Just before 20 weeks.
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? 27 weeks
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Yes, organizing and getting the baby's room ready
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? We went to Lake of the Ozarks
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Nay
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 6 weeks
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Working, self-employed 20-30 hours per week
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? Breastfeeding class, Newborn care class and Childbirth class
    - Any food aversions while pregnant?  Fruit and veggies...not fun to throw up.

Anything else you’d like to share?  As much as I disliked pregnancy, I am so glad I did it and we have baby Elijah here!  He's so worth it!!!!

• Options
    The Basics:
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): I am 26
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): OBGYN
    - How many babies did you deliver at this birth?: 1
    - When did you start to show?: I didn't really start to notice until 6 or 7 months.
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 39 +1
    - How big was baby?: 19 inches long and 9lbs 4oz
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: Vagina Birth
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: Feeling LO move around in my belly.
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: Heartburn and morning sickness!

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: Yes
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: I was excited, but no expecting the induction until the next day. Was a pleasant surprise to have LO on the 13th!
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.: Have a nice meal and enjoy your time with SO... and get some rest if you can!
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: Contractions had been happening for a while, 4-8 minutes apart. I pushed for 28 minutes during active labor before LO arrived.
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): Wrote my birth experience in the announcement thread. The fact that it went so well and so quickly at the end was very empowering for me because I had been so afraid of how it would go for so long.
    - What type of pain management did you use?: I opted for an epidural and it was glorious.
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: Just my husband.
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: I wouldn't change anything.

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? Start saving money for maternity leave and eat the damn saltines!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Drink more water... no really, even more than what you think is enough!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Get everything set up and rearranged sooner. Waiting until the last minute is painful.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? Remember to breath and push with the contractions.

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: I didn't
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: Homemade tacos.
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: Sleeping :tongue:

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? Yes. The only thing that helped was making sure I ate something very plain before heading to work.
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? All. The. Time. Only real relief was Zantac.
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? No
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? Not until the very end and nothing has helped.
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped Yes and nothing but rest helped.

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? Twice and I just kind of dealt with it because it wasn't happening too often.
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? Blue
    - When did you first feel baby kick? Not sure, but it was a pleasant surprise!
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? Again, not sure how far along, but it was later in my pregnancy. LO was shy.
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Not until after LO got here. I have spent the last two nights while he is asleep cleaning the apartment!
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? No :(
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Yes, when DH was in the mood and I wasn't too sore.
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? I believe it was week 12. Dr mentioned it was a great time for my first ultra sound because the measurements were quite accurate.
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Working
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? No
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? Bananas are the main thing that come to mind. I had gotten some as well as strawberries to make smoothies. Tried to eat half of one of them after putting the other half in the smoothie. Was so horrible I tossed it in the trash and dumped the smoothie out. :(

Anything else you’d like to share? Everything I went through was 100% worth it. My LO has all of my heart and DHs. :heart:

• Options
    The Basics:
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 27
    - Babies sex?: Female
    - When did you start to show?: Around 16 weeks
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 39w2d
    - How big was baby?: 6 lbs 15 oz, 19" long
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: C-section
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: My bump, feeling baby's movements
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: Being limited on what I can do physically, getting winded just walking around.
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?: N/A

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: Just one to check on presentation
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: No membrane sweeps
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: No laboring, C-section at hospital
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: N/A
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: N/A
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: Scheduled C-section, definitely nervous for both surgery and baby arriving, but excited as well
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.: Pamper yourself, take a nice warm bath or shower, have a last night out just you and your SO, make sure all of your bags are packed for the 8th time...
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: N/A
    - STM +: If you had a C-section the first time, did you have RCS or a VBAC?: N/A
    - C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?: Spinal block
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): Birth story posted in announcement thread - had a C-section scheduled because baby was in the same footling breech position basically the entire pregnancy, never felt her flip once. Went to hospital around 9:30am for an 11:15am surgery which of course didn't start until noon. Had my IV put in and SCD's put on my legs, walked down the hallway with the nurse and my husband into the OR. CRNA placed my spinal block while I sat on the OR bed, initial lidocaine injection stung quite a bit but took effect quickly so I didn't feel the bigger needle at all. Legs got warm and tingly and I was numb right away. Laid back, nurse inserted my catheter, prepped me and then we got started. Lots of pressure and tugging, but no pain. DD was born at 12:12pm. They took her to clean her up with DH then he got to hold her while he sat next to me and they closed me up. Took about 20 minutes start to finish and they cleaned me up and wheeled us out to recovery!
    - What type of pain management did you use?: Spinal block had morphine so that took care of the pain for a few hours. Maintenance with hydrocodone throughout the rest of my stay which was much needed.
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: DH was in the OR the whole time, they let my sister come back once the incision was made.
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: Our OR nurse was kind of a hag, but she meant well. The whole process went so quickly that I didn't really have time to want any changes. I really wanted to be able to watch the surgery, but I'm also crazy lol.

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? Enjoy being able to move around uninhibited for the time being.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Slow down and enjoy the whole process, it goes quickly!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Relax and take naps! You'll be uncomfortable, but things will happen when they happen. Don't pay attention to every little possible labor symptom.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? I didn't go into labor so I don't have any great advice other than this too shall pass!
    - Best advice another parent gave you? When we were worried about trying to have children and timing/finances, SIL told us that you will never actually be completely ready which is so true.
    - Worse advice another parent gave you? I've actually been pretty lucky so far and haven't received much crazy unsolicited advice. Everything DH's grandma says drives me nuts, but she doesn't actually give any 'advice.'

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: Only bought one pair of maternity jeans which I lived in, along with yoga pants - you just don't fold the band down, you pull it all the way up and they are so comfortable!
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: Sour and fruity candy, PB&J, pasta
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: Taking long, hot showers

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? No
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? None until the third trimester, Zantac 150
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? Occasionally towards the end, tried to eat more fiber
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? Feet would swell towards the end after standing at work all day, tried to elevate but didn't always help.
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped? Yes! As well as SI joint. Tried to do lots of hip and leg stretches to keep everything loose.

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? I didn't mind the couple of people who asked. If people just assumed they could enter my bubble, it bothered me.
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? We knew we were team pink around 19 weeks.
    - When did you first feel baby kick? Felt tiny little flutters around 12 weeks I think?
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? It creeped him out a little bit, he would watch the movements before he felt them, but felt a couple closer towards the end.
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Occasionally. I get wild hairs all the time to organize things, though.
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? Nope.
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Not against it, but really had little desire to during the pregnancy.
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 8 weeks was the soonest they started seeing people where I went.
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Worked up until 2 days before my surgery which was pushing it for sure. Standing and lifting for 10+ hours a day while pregnant is for the birds.
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? Nope! I'm too cheap and really didn't have time. No free classes were offered and we were pretty convinced we would end up with a C-section anyways.
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? DH would make these beef noodle cups and the smell would gross me out.

Definitely have some sort of loose outline of how you'd like your labor and delivery to go, but being open to anything makes the whole process go so much smoother and makes for less stress. Same with feeding. I obsessed with being able to BF exclusively, then switched to pumping, and due to a ton of circumstances I have switched over to mostly formula. Me being less stressed has made everyone much happier and that's really what you are trying to achieve - a happy, healthy family!

• Options
    The Basics:
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 25-29 (I'm 26)
    - When did you start to show?: Around 20 weeks
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 38+6
    - How big was baby?: 8lb 12oz 21"
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: Feeling baby's movement, it was our private moment I didn't have to share. 
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: Sciatic nerve pain
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?: n/a

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: They offered, but I declined.
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: Contractions went from 10 minutes to 4-5 minutes apart and became so painful I could barely breathe through them.
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: Nope
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: n/a
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.: n/a
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: 20 hours, pushed for 2.5 hours
    - STM +: If you had a C-section the first time, did you have RCS or a VBAC?: n/a
    - C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?: n/a
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): My epidural wore off when the contractions got really intense and about 2-3 minutes apart... I gained a lot of respect for those who go without! Pushing was so hard, it felt like a whole body workout. Babies head was too big I ended up needing an episiotomy. 
    - What type of pain management did you use?: Epidural 2x
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: Just my husband 
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: No I actually enjoyed my stay in L&D. The bulk of my labor was in the middle of the night and I had the lights off in the room and watched Food Network while my husband slept. It felt just like being at home lol.

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? TAKE THE ZOFRAN.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Savor this, you may think you're tired and large now, but it's going to get so much harder soon. 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Relax. 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? Breathe!
    - Best advice another parent gave you? "Don't blink"
    - Worse advice another parent gave you? To let a newborn "cry it out". Ugh.

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: Pinkblush
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: Pizza and pad thai 
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: Sleeping lol

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? I had hyperemesis gravidarum, no home remedies helped. I took zofran from week 16 til delivery! 
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? Nope
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? Yes. Colace, prune juice, and fiber one bars 
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? Nope 
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped? Yes, warm baths and yoga 

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? Nope, I have resting bitch face so people knew better than to try me.
    - When did you first feel baby kick? 22 weeks
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? 25-26 weeks
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Nope
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? Nope
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Nay 
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 8 weeks
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Work, I worked up until 5 days prior to delivery 
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? Nope
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? Meat! I hated even the sight of it! 
  • Options
    The Basics:
    - Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?: STM
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 28
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): OBGYN
    - How many babies did you deliver at this birth?: 1
    - Babies sex?: Male
    - When did you start to show?: 15 weeks?
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 39 weeks, 0 days
    - How big was baby?: 6 lb. 14 oz., 21.5 in.
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: vaginal
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: Feeling kicks
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: Nausea

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: Yes
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: No
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: Labored at home 25-26 hours, 2 hours at hospital and delivered there
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: Contractions finally became consistent in timing. Suddenly 2.5 minutes apart without stopping after a whole day of irregular contractions.
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: No
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: 24 hours early, 4 hours active, total 28 hours
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): Posted in birth announcements
    - What type of pain management did you use?: Walking and slow breathing
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: DH
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: N/A

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? Eat healthier snacks so you don't gain so much weight 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Keep working out
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Be ready for baby to come early this time 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? Listen to the nurse who's trying to help

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: Motherhood Maternity
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: Chocolate, bread
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: Napping

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? Yes, small snacks
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? No
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? No
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? No
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped No

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? Yes, yes! Nobody tried a second time. I was not shy about letting them know it bothered me like last pregnancy.
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? Green
    - When did you first feel baby kick? 18 weeks
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? 22 weeks?
    - Did you have any nesting urges? I wish. Only when I was in early labor.
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? No
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Yay
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 8
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Staying home with DD (almost 2)
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? Bradley method last pregnancy
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? Most vegetables

Anything else you’d like to share? I was surprised how different this pregnancy and labor was. I was nauseous for about twice as long, began labor 20 days earlier than when I was induced with DD, and was very tired where last time I could hardly sleep.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jjtrufflesjjtruffles member
    edited July 2016
    The Basics:
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): I'm 29.
    - Babies sex?: male
    - When did you start to show?: I started to notice around 13 weeks, but the general public didn't start questioning me until around 23 weeks.
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 39+1
    - How big was baby?: 6lbs 11oz
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: vaginal
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: feeling baby movement
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: the constant "but you're so tiny!" comments from everyone when they'd ask my due date. Also just the general discomfort/feeling like a whale during 3rd tri
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?: N/A

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: yes
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: N/A
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: hospital
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: I had really bad cramping with my bloody show following soon after...I think I was still in denial about it though until contractions started about 2 hours later and were almost instantly 3 minutes apart and 1 minute long
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: didn't try anything
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: N/A
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.: N/A
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: 10 1/2 hours
    - STM +: If you had a C-section the first time, did you have RCS or a VBAC?: N/A
    - C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?: N/A
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): I posted my birth story in the birth announcements thread, but to summarize, everything happened on its own and it happened much more quickly than I expected as a FTM. I loved my epidural and don't know how I would've gotten through labor & pushing without it.
    - What type of pain management did you use?: epidural 
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: my husband
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? sleep as much as you want.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? get things done this trimester when the motivation strikes. by 3rd tri you will be too uncomfortable and it will take way too much energy to get even the littlest things done.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? don't work yourself to death. It's ok to slow down.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? just breathe & know that your body is fully capable of handling what you're doing
    - Best advice another parent gave you? I actually can't think of any really good or really bad advice that I've been given...
    - Worst advice another parent gave you? N/A

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: motherhood & target
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: primanti brothers cheese combo sandwich, taco salad, nachos, king's broccoli cheddar soup
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: being a couch potato

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? a little. constantly snacking
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? yes. tums helped but usually I just had to sleep it off.
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? yes. Nothing ):
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? just towards the end. nothing really helped aside from staying off my feet which wasn't a realistic expectation most days
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped? N/A

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? a few. sometimes it irked me depending on the person, but I let it go.
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? blue
    - When did you first feel baby kick? I first felt flutters at 18 weeks.
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? 19 weeks- the night before the anatomy scan
    - Did you have any nesting urges? just at the very end
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? no babymoon
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? meh
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 7
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? I worked part time & then accepted a full time promotion when I was 28 weeks. I went into labor at work.
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? no. And while my labor went pretty well overall, I wish I would've taken a class just to help myself feel more prepared.
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? no

Anything else you’d like to share? I knew my life would change forever the moment I met my son; while being a mom means a lot of crying and poopy diapers and feeling like a zombie, I never could have dreamt that my heart would feel so full.

• Options
    setoshsetosh member
    The Basics:
    - Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?: FTM
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 23 (in a few days)
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): OBGYN
    - How many babies did you deliver at this birth?: 1
    - Babies sex?: male
    - When did you start to show?: 6 months
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 39+6
    - How big was baby?: 8 lbs 3 oz
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: vaginal
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: feeling baby movement
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: not being able to bend over by 8 months or sleep
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?: N/A

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: yes
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: hospital
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: Super nervous 
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.: Just keep yourself busy 
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: 13 1/2 hours
    - STM +: If you had a C-section the first time, did you have RCS or a VBAC?: N/A
    - C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?: N/A
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): I posted my birth story in the birth announcements thread!
    - What type of pain management did you use?: epidural 
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: my boyfriend and mother
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? exercise more
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? See above 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? don't stress the small things everything will be okay!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? Try to keep calm it will end!
    - Worst advice another parent gave you? N/A

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: motherhood
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: pizza but that's nothing new
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: watching Grey's Anatomy 

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? No but I took diclegis to make sure I didn't 
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? Yes but I have GERD so this isn't new
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? No
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? The last few months my feet got huge and nothing has helped so far. 
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped? Yes, heating pad 

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? A few but I don't care
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? blue
    - When did you first feel baby kick? 20 or so
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? He was kinda weirded out by it but he felt around 5 months I don't know why this is in italics!!
    - Did you have any nesting urges? at the very end
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? no 
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Nooo
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 10
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? I worked full time and had school full time then I graduated and still worked up until 3 weeks before I had Jaxon
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which oness? no
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? no

Anything else you’d like to share? Just take it one day at a time you'll be ok!

• Options

The Basics:
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): I'm 26
    - How many babies did you deliver at this birth?: one
    - Babies sex?: Girl
    - When did you start to show?: I'm oveeweight so my husband amd I noticed at week 20, but everyone else noticed at week 30ish. 
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 40 weeks 2 days
    - How big was baby?: 19 inches 5 lbs 13oz
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: emergency c section 
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: not being judged on my food cravings. Having people help me more. 
    - Least favorite thing about being pregnant?: heartburn, overall uncomfortable feeling
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?: I had my bloody show the day before so I kind of convinced myself she was coming. 

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: yes at every appointment
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: Yes and yes. I went into labor the next moring. I was already dilated 3cm and 70% effaced. 
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: hospital
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: I really didn't. I woke up to what I thoughts were just aches and pains every few hours the night before. It wasn't until I was fully awake that I realized they came at regular intervals. 
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: nope
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: 
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.:
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: at least 20 hours
    - C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?: epidural
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): I was aiming for a vaginal delivery but baby was too stressed out by the contractions so csection it was. 
    - What type of pain management did you use?: i managed without any for most of it but I caves and had an epidural in the last few hours. 
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: during labor it was my best friend and my DH. At delivery just DH 
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: turning the music on earlier

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? Don't worry, you have plenty of time. 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Don't push yourself past your limits.  Your body is changing so adjust. 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Sleep whenever you are tired. Don't be afraid to tell people you don't want to go out.  
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? Listen to everything. Don't let nurses discourage you. 
    - Best advice another parent gave you? Listwn to the advice you like and ignore the advice you don't. 
    - Worse advice another parent gave you? Don't bother with newborn size clothing, your baby's head will be too big to fit. 

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: walmart! Cheap and decent. Better selection online. 
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: mcdoubles with extra onions snd mac sauce, mangos, avocado on everything
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: napping. Cooking. 

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? Some, change in prenatal vitamins
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? Yes. Nothing really. Tums helped downplay the symptoms but they'd always come back 
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? Yes, prunes snd cantaloupes. 
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? Only if I was on my feet a long time. Just resting helped 
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped? Yes and just stretching. 

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? Not from strangers just friends and family. Not really. 
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? Green
    - When did you first feel baby kick? 16 weeks 
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? 20 weeks
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Yes
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? No
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Yay until the end. 
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 4, which was too early
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Working until week 30. 
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Yes The Bradley Method, but my labor didn't allow me to move. 
    - Any food aversions while pregnant?
    Broccoli, eggs, chicken (1st trimester)

Anything else you’d like to share? Be prepared for anything. 

• Options
    LF93LF93 member
    The Basics:
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 23
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): GP and hospital
    - When did you start to show?: 20ish weeks
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 40+5
    - How big was baby?: 9lbs 1oz
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: Feeling baby kick and move
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: Tiredness and heartburn
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?: Nothing, I was going crazy!

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: Nope
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: Yes, it triggered labour.
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: The day after my membrane sweep I kept getting intense contractions.
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: Tried them all, none worked.
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: Fine, tired but nothing unusual.
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.: Relax, don't put to much stress on yourself.
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: From water breakage to delivery- 3 hours.
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): Contractions at 4pm, hospital at 8pm, water broke at 1.30am, delivered at 4.33am.
    - What type of pain management did you use?: Gas
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: My boyfriend.
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?:

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? Enjoy sleeping on your stomach more.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Sleep as much as possible.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Enjoy feeling baby move.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? Try be more relaxed but be more vocal about what I want.
    - Best advice another parent gave you? That having a baby would be the best thing I ever done.
    - Worse advice another parent gave you? That un-medicated was easy

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: I didn't buy any
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: Everything
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: Sleeping

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? Nope
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? Rennie helped and milk.
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? Plenty of fibre
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped?
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped: Stretching and physio

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? Yes, I found it uncomfortable
    - When did you first feel baby kick? 20 weeks
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? 26 weeks
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Yes
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? No
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Meh, still done it.
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 3.5 weeks
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? working then signed off sick
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? Regular ante natal classes
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? Nope

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    elldelelldel member
    edited August 2016
    The Basics:
    - Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?: FTM.
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 30-34.
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): OBGYN.
    - How many babies did you deliver at this birth?: One.
    - Babies sex?: Male.
    - When did you start to show?: To me, around 17 weeks. To everyone else, around 20.
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 40+1.
    - How big was baby?: 7 lbs, 7 oz.
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: C-section.
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: Feeling him move around, the extra help/attention I got from DH, wondering what he'd look like, etc.
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: Limited mobility, especially in late 3rd tri. Sleeping problems.
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?: I was overdue by a day, but was already in the hospital and going through the induction process.

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: Yes.
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: Didn't get any.
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: Hospital.
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: I didn't go into spontaneous labor, but I tried a lot of the old wives tales: sex, walking, spicy food, dates, red raspberry leaf tea. Nothing worked for me.
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: Excited, but also scared. I had no idea what to expect.
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.: Relish the time with your significant other, and try to sleep and relax as much as possible.
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?:
    - C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?: Epidural.
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): Birth story in announcement thread, but here's the basics. I had GD during my pregnancy so I was scheduled to be induced at 39+5. After 59 hours and lots of interventions, I was stalled, so I had a C-section. There are still a lot of emotions I'm working through regarding my "failed induction"/"failure to progress", as it's not at all how I saw things going. But baby's here, and I'm healthy, so that's really all that matters.
    - What type of pain management did you use?: I got an epidural around hour 50, when the Pitocin was at its max and contractions were intense.
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: Just my husband.
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: Nothing I'd change that isn't medically related.

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? Try to set good eating habits now, even though you're nauseous and sick to your stomach a lot.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Enjoy every minute of this time! It goes too quickly.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Sleep as often as you can. Go on lots of dates with baby daddy; it won't be just the two of you for much longer!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? Don't be so hard on yourself; your body is in control right now.
    - Best advice another parent gave you? Prepare as much as possible ahead of time (freezer meals, hospital bags, etc). That helped me feel more in control during a very tumultuous time.
    - Worse advice another parent gave you? It wasn't advice, but I had a lot of people say, 'You think you're tired now? Just wait until the baby gets here!' So unhelpful, and completely discounted my feelings in the moment.

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: Target.
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: Cheeseburgers, ice cream, key lime pie
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: Taking baths, floating in the pool, lounging on the couch

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? A little. Carbs helped, and trying to eat regularly.
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? No.
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? No.
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? Yes. Nothing really helped other than delivery.
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped? No.

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? No, most people were very good at asking before rubbing.
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? We were team blue, but we didn't tell anyone. So everyone thought we were team green.
    - When did you first feel baby kick? Flutters around 17 weeks, kicks around 19.
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? Around week 22.
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Yeah, late second tri. I wanted to get everything "ready" as far in advance as possible.
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? Yes, Massachusetts Berkshires around week 23.
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Yay. It was awkward at times, but I still loved it.
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 7.
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Worked up until week 33 (I'm a teacher) was also in school until week 29, then took two semesters off (for late pregnancy and during the newborn stage)
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? Yeah, the one at the hospital. Basic childbirth info.
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? Most vegetables. Just the thought made me sick.
  • Options
    The Basics:
    - Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?: First timer
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+):25-29
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): Midwife
    - Babies sex?: Female
    - When did you start to show?: I felt I noticed around 18-19 weeks. No one else really noticed much until 20-21. 
    - How far along were you when you delivered?:40 weeks. 6 days
    - How big was baby?: 5 lbs, 12 oz. 19" 
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: The excitement of FINALLY being pregnant and become a mommy!
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: Feeling hot and sweaty all the time, especially third trimester
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?: Knowing that it WOULD eventually end. Humor-joking that I'd be featured in a new TLC show, "My Never Ending Pregnancy" :-) 

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: Only beginning about week 38
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: Yes. It didn't induce labor, but I lost my mucus plug the next day. Not sure if that was related to the sweep or just coincidence. 
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: Hospital birthing unit
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: NA
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: NA
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: Induced! I went from a clinic appointment directly to L & D, due to low amniotic fluid noted on ultrasound. 
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.: NA--I didn't know I'd need to be induced until about 20 minutes before they admitted me!
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: Once the Pitocin started to when my daughter was born was about 9 hours. 
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere):
    - What type of pain management did you use?: Epidural
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: My hubby
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: Nothing!

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? You won't feel this crappy the whole time!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Enjoy this energy and "normal" feeling time! 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? You're almost done! Take the sweaty, exhausted days and try to relax!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? You're a rockstar! You're almost a mommy!

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: Target and Old Navy
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: anything carbs-muffins, bagels, doughnuts (all my usual guilty pleasures that I allowed myself to have more often while pregnant)
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: Reading blogs :-) 

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? Yes, from weeks 7-14. Carbs! Eating something small every 2-3 hours, so I never had an "empty" stomach. 
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? No
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? No more than usual! I have IBS, so... 
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? Towards the end. Taking my rings off relieved my hands swelling
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped-A bit--stretching, massages from the hubby, light yoga

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? I didn't actually have that happen!
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? We knew it was a girl after week 18! We just wanted healthy!
    - When did you first feel baby kick? About 19 weeks. 
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? 21-22 weeks, I think> 
    - Did you have any nesting urges? I had more energy for exercise, but not so much cleaning/organizing, which began around week 37.
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? I had a work trip to Hawaii, around weeks 19-20, so we killed 2 birds with one-stone! 
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? First trimester-HECK NO! Second trimester-HECK YES! Third trimester was hit and miss. 
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 10
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? working full time
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? Car-seat safety, breastfeeding basics, 6-week child birth prep 
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? pizza