February 2017 Moms

FFFC!!! 7/15

Re: FFFC!!! 7/15

• I will occasionally have a slice or two of deli ham....I'm not worried about it. Doc also said it was fine to eat runny egg yolk (like over easy eggs or poached eggs) so, I have two over easy eggs just about every Sunday. I think the list of forbidden food is a little ridiculous, to be honest.
    Really? I'm going to ask about that! I love sunny side up eggs! 
  • This is good to know. I'm dyiiiiiiing for sushi and have been thinking about going for it. I mean, I even like some of the cooked ones so maybe I'll do that. But we get two date nights a month and it's always sushi!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I will occasionally have a slice or two of deli ham....I'm not worried about it. Doc also said it was fine to eat runny egg yolk (like over easy eggs or poached eggs) so, I have two over easy eggs just about every Sunday. I think the list of forbidden food is a little ridiculous, to be honest.
    Really? I'm going to ask about that! I love sunny side up eggs! 
    My OB is pretty relaxed about foods. She is OK with caffeine, sunny side up eggs, sushi she just recommends you eat from a place your familiar with and to avoid high mercury fish, deli meats and hot dogs I was told were OK as well. I switched offices for this pregnancy because my old OB is too far away to drive for all the appointments I've needed recently and this office doesn't have a list a of no nos.
  • Just ordered grocery delivery of lots of carb-loaded snacks. My healthy salad I made for lunch came right back up, so I'm totally justified, right?
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• In regard to the cold cuts and sushi discussion, I was under the impression that if the establishment or brand was reputable you should be fine... But you can heat or avoid for peace of mind. 
  • @PerraSucia my SIL has GD and is ignoring it... Also is in the medical field. Very scary. 
  • Jlk2016 said:
    My 2 yr old had a pop tart and OJ for bkfast and Cheetos and milk for a morning snack..... All in bed, while I doze in and out.
    I just wish my 3 yr old would sit still like that. I would go crazy if I was home with him all day long. 
  • @migdala @Starfish113 I would give my right arm for some sushi right about now. Everything I've read says that a reputable sushi restaurant with a good amount of business (for inventory turnover purposes) should be fine, but I'm being extra stingy in the first trimester. My NT scan is one month from today and if I get the all clear on that, I will be celebrating with the best goddamn sushi dinner I can find. 
  • @homemake it's so bizarre to me. Like she's so out of control she has to be on insulin and stress watch her baby at the doctor twice a week. Obviously everyone else but you is taking this seriously chick. 
  • Jlk2016 said:
    My 2 yr old had a pop tart and OJ for bkfast and Cheetos and milk for a morning snack..... All in bed, while I doze in and out.
    Mine has eaten Mac n cheese and taquitos. 
    I give no fucks. 
  • Second lunch is probably the best part of my day today. I'm also considering taking my kids to the pool tonight and making my husband play with them the whole time so I can lay in the water and pretend to be alone. It's been a long week.
  • FFFC: I actually oblige to *most* of the forbidden foods during pregnancy.  I miss them like hell and I don't judge those who do continue to eat them.  It just makes me uncomfortable so I don't indulge.

But you can bet your sweet @ss that my first post-delivery meal with be either the biggest turkey sub or spicy tuna rolls.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Cold cut sammies are favorites! With ds I lived in Hawaii and I ate sushi often too. I needed it! Haha
    FFFC...I've been pretty sick so far and lost a bit of weight. Was looking in the mirror today and thought dang I haven't looked this good since before baby #1! 

• I was eating salami for a bit early on, because I was all SALT WILL KILL BACTERIA. It is interesting what you can convince yourself of when food is involved. 

FFFC: I've been wearing maternity clothes for years. Before even trying to conceive. I worked at a maternity clothing store and fell in love with the long tees and tanks (I have a really long torso). I recommend them to all my tall friends. I have no excuse for wearing the pants other than I find them comfy as. 
  • I just blocked my mother on my phone. She's driving me insane and I just need a break.
  • I've spent my WFH day preparing to be a SAHM by trying to get all my bills lowered (Comcast, AT&T, mortgage refi, etc). Sorry work. Maybe Monday I'll do something for you. 

Also, since I'm WFH, I've spent the day braless with my shirt tucked under my boobs to combat boob sweat. 

Oh and I'm crazy hormonal with the tears today. I've been shedding actual tears thinking about baby hats for the past hour. DH is about to get home to a special kind of hotness.  
  • It's official, I'm going out for sushi tonight. 

• I am team sandwich!! My first pregnancy that's ALL the baby wanted.. So I ate it often 3xs a day.  I am craving subs again so I eat them and they are freaking AMAZING.  But heaven forbid I have caffeine... **insert eyeroll** I live on a double standard. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• I sent my husband to my favorite steakhouse for two sweet potatoes and I don't feel guilty at all. He's actually wanting to do these kind of things for me which he didn't do my last two pregnancy's. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bdesterhouse yesterday DH went up the road to get me an order of corn nuggets. He offered, but I still felt guilty! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • It is my opinion that pregnancies would be safer if the list of food to avoid was shorter and ranked by importance. I think that my eyes glaze over with the list so long - if instead it was say, 5 foods, I'd be able to remember them and willing to avoid them religiously. 

My naturopath says sushi is fine so long as you go to a good place - women in Japan eat it all pregnancy and have for generations. DH isn't so sure. If I get a mega craving I'll be pushing harder. She does say I should avoid nitrates, but the deli meat I usually get for myself has no added nitrates, I heat it up to steaming to ease my worries. I have eaten some pepperoni sticks while pregnant though and don't give a damn. Net decrease. For eggs I'd go with fresh but I suppose I might relax on how well they're cooked after the first trimester, we'll see.

I also don't check the ingredients of my teas - but I have so many types that I don't drink the same type on back to back days - and how much can be in a single cup of tea? Correct me if I'm wrong, please. 

The food I eat that most avoid - pate - on the recommendation of my naturopath (I love her, she recommends I eat lots of butter... I can't remember what nutrient I get from it but I eat it SO willingly). I make it at home, with frozen liver to kill the bacteria - and I freeze most of it so it doesn't sit in the fridge long. I know it is high in vitamin A but it is, apparently, synthetic vitamin A that you need to watch you don't get too much of. Liver is good for iron and the vitamin A is not synthetic so I'm going for it.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Great, now I want corn nuggets... @WinchesterGirl lol I felt guilty yesterday when he went and got
    me caramel for my green apple, but he was going to get nachos tonight so it's hard to feel guilty when he'd be out anyways lol 

• Hot deli meats sound revolting. 
    What is a corn nugget? 
  • Hot deli meats sound revolting. 
    What is a corn nugget? 
    I get my subs toasted so the deli meat is warmed up that way, it's how I eat it not pregnant. 

These se are the corn nuts I eat.

• Haha nope. They are a guilty pleasure - hubby picked some up on the way home! Thank you @WinchesterGirl I can actually eat these without feeling nauseous at the same time.

• edited July 2016
    @Gingersnap

No no, corn nuggets are a southern thing! It's like a deep fried corn fritter! You eat these hot with a side of ranch.... mmmm.

If you would like to see a photo, here is a link:

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/05/bf/fc/00/woody-s-bar-b-q.jpg
  • Is this like the el torito stuff but deep fried?!
  • @PerraSucia I Googled El torito and all I got is a bunch of luchadores...?
  • PerraSuciaPerraSucia member
    edited July 2016
    @WinchesterGirl this yellow stuff

• @floatingelephy that makes me feel so much better that I've already been looking to buy maternity clothes. I've felt so bloated and keep thinking how much more comfortable they'd be than my regular clothes.

FFFC: I've eaten cold deli meat 3 times this week. We had sandwiches for a work lunch and I had one not thinking. It was so good the next 2 days I had an Italian sub for breakfast. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ladies ladies, no food pics till after 1st tri
    Thank you, love.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• Ladies ladies, no food pics till after 1st tri
    Thank you, love.
  • Sorry... corn nuggets are hard to explain!
  • @Gingersnap

No no, corn nuggets are a southern thing! It's like a deep fried corn fritter! You eat these hot with a side of ranch.... mmmm.

If you would like to see a photo, here is a link:

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/05/bf/fc/00/woody-s-bar-b-q.jpg
    That looks good! 
  • My husband hasn't had a home cooked meal in a month. I'm not much of a cook anyways, but oh man the poor guy. 
    I barely clean either.