February 2017 Moms

Stroller recommendations

mamajama3mamajama3 member
edited July 2016 in February 2017 Moms
Our February nugget will be our second child and this will put us at two under two (we are crazy, I know).  This is early but I am looking for a great stroller that accommodates two littles- does anyone have a recommendation?  I've heard that the Baby Jogger Mini City Double Stroller is awesome.  Is one above the other better than side by side?  Which do you prefer?  We have a Britex now and it's kinda bulky and doesn't pivot very well.

Re: Stroller recommendations

• I've heard great things about the City Mini double. Our friend offered to sell us hers, so we will probably take her up on it. 
  • The city mini is a great double stroller.   I have twins, and most moms I know preferred side by side. They are easier to maneuver, no one is stuck in the back, etc. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are planning on getting the city select double even though this is our first, we want to have several so a double makes sense for us. 
  • Love my Citi Mini GT Double!  My 5.5 year old still fits in it when I feel like taking a long walk :)
    Me: 1979 * Husband: 1976 * Little girl: 2010 * Little guy: 2013 * MMC: 2016 * Last baby: EDD 2/11/17!  
  • We have hardly used a stroller with our first. I generally wear her (she has always been happier that way). 

We ended up buying a nice quality ($60) umbrella stroller from toys r us that we use for walks now.

If I could do it again though I would have purchased the citi mini (which I looked at). They are so much lighter weight then the Graco we got.
  • I have a double jogger and a double sit and stand. I like the jogger the best. It rollers better, turns easier and they sit side by side. They seem to like it better too now that they are both toddlers. They talk and hand things to each other. Both are baby trend brand, since that's what brand my car seat was :) 
  • Chicco has a double stroller that my friend has. We are gonna get that one even though our first child won't be using it. It's great for extra storage. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had a used Phil&Ted's DOT for awhile, but sold it. It's great for city living, but DD likes her space and the seat was getting a bit narrow. I see a lot of them around Boston, and the kid in the back seat doesn't seem to mind, but I've never used the back seat, so no personal experience.

We snagged a used uppababy vista off of CL. I know the videos on the company website don't show the seats facing each other, but I tried it out in that arrangement with DD and her friend and they loved it. Of course, now she keeps asking where her "friend-stroller" is and is kind of put out it's already on its way to our new house.

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• We have the city mini GT double and love it.  We actually rarely use a stroller but it is great for all terrain use.  We also have an Uppa Vista with the rumble seat that we will use for tandem instead of side by side too.  Had the City Select and used it as a double but overall wasn't that impressed.  We put older child in the front and it made it hard to maneuver.  I almost always choose side by side over tandem-  even in tight places.  It goes through doorways fine.