July 2016 Moms
Options

UO

what are your unpopular opinions today ladies??

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@ktomorrow how much longer do you have? Hoping your LO stays put.

• Options
    KASGKASG member
    @ktomorrow I was hoping so too, but these last few weeks have been so bad, I almost hopes she comes tomorrow!! Lol

I don't think I have a UO today so I'll resort to this: if cheerleading is a sport, so is marching band!
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    setoshsetosh member
    My UO is that since my SO has been switched to 3rd shift I've been sleeping a lot better. I feel like this shouldn't be the case, but I'm lying beside him in bed right now and he's snoring SOOO loud. Sorry babe. 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 - I hope the membrane sweep is successful for you! My doc tried to do one on Tuesday but I was only a fingertip dilated (less than 1 cm) so she wasn't able to do anything :neutral: 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    sboston06 said:
    @LDSJM123 - I hope the membrane sweep is successful for you! My doc tried to do one on Tuesday but I was only a fingertip dilated (less than 1 cm) so she wasn't able to do anything :neutral: 
    I was 1.5 cm at my last appt so we'll see. I was 2 or 3 cm when they did it with my daughter and within 36 hours, she was born. I'm praying for the same result but mentally prepared for it not to happen. I have a feeling this nugget is comfy cozy in there. And like you, I genuinely feel good. So this is as invasive as I'm willing to go. 
  • Options
    @rnyland1 Thanks! I'm 38+4. So far holding stable. @KASG ugh sorry I'm not suffering the bad symptoms some of our ladies have been dealing with so I'm lucky so far. @sboston06 @LDSJM123 y'all give me hope that I can hold out for 41 weeks  without feeling like a martyr to my pain. Glad to hear there is a potential for feeling good!
  • Options
    @LF93 I am the same way. I don't want too many visitors the first few weeks, just close family, but my DH has already invited so many people to come to the hospital. My FIL even invited his sisters and such. I know I have to allow our parents and our sibilings, but I think everyone else can wait a few weeks until we have some routine going on. Plus I'm always scared someone will bring some sickness or germ into my baby's safe haven. I totally understand and I think you should have some boundaries (and I think that it is okay.) You'll be tired and the last thing you'll want to do is host. 
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    edited July 2016
    @babycakesday Yeah I agree boundaries are going to have to be set. Close family already know not to stay past their welcome and I certainly won't be hosting anyone. They can all fend for themselves haha! The problem is the stragglers who have been known to just arrive without any warning and they tend to stay for houuuuurs wanting to be tended to the whole time. @jodi1980 I honestly think I'm just not going to answer the door if someone arrives without clearing it through us first! If I told people they had to wait a week or two to visit I'd probably be laughed at and they would turn up anyways. I'll try my best to put my foot down and if needs be BF can ask people to leave! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    My UO - I miss being pregnant. Which surprises me, because my pregnancy was SO stressful (at least 3 drs appointments a week and so forth) but as I go about my day I miss feeling the little guy in my tummy. Probably doesn't help that DH and I haven't really decided whether we are calling it done with two, so I don't even know if I'll experience that again.
  • Options
    LF93 said:
    I don't know if this is a UO or more of a Sh!t just got real post. Last night BF and I were chatting about what the plan was the day we left the hospital (my hospital doesn't allow visitors) and who was going to come visit and such. He started naming all these people who I know of but not greatly coming to the house to meet the baby. It started to make me feel really uncomfortable and anxious knowing all these people would be coming to my home and holding my son. This applies to my family too. I don't know if it's the fact I've grown this baby for the last 9 months and have this special bond or what. Really the only person who I want to meet the baby now is BF, I suppose it's probably last minute anxiety but I want to be selfish and keep baby for just us. The thoughts of all these people coming to the house and fussing over baby is not something I want. Yes, I know both families are very excited and can't wait to meet baby too but I just feel like this is my son. I want to keep him to myself! I'm feeling very selfish- I better not say this out loud to anyone, they wouldn't be to happy.
    Not selfish at all! I went really "momma bear" when this little one was born. My wishes got stepped on A LOT when our first was born and this time around I didn't want anyone messing with my "den". Having a child is a huge adjustment and for some reason babies make people throw normal respect for boundaries out the window. 
    Put your foot down now about what you are/aren't comfortable with, or you'll get walked all over and won't be happy. Your feelings, your baby, and your SO are what's important right now...NOT everyone else and what they want. 
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand I do the same for both of my hospital stays - no guilt here! A coworker of mine suggested doing this - I thought it was one of the best advice ever - when are you ever going to get a chance to rest up and have someone else look after them while you are catching up on your much needed sleep, knowing that they are in good hands, once you are home?
  • Options
    @ESchreinerWrites I feel the same way! Especially because I didn't get to experience the whole last month of pregnancy. Though I understand that if I had I'd probably be grateful that I delivered early hahaha! If anyone in the first trimester had told me I would one day miss being pregnant I would have laughed ;)
  • Options
    This is a couple days late, but @LF93 I told my DH when we were pulling into the parking lot at our apartment that if anyone sees us and asks to hold LO I am not afraid to straight up tell them no. Honestly, other than myself, DH, my dad and the drs, no one will be snuggling my boy until he has at least the majority of his vaccines. :)