January 2016 Moms
Options

LO cries with DH?

So lately, for the last few days, it seems my LO cries almost within 5 minutes of being with my DH. I'm a SAHM for the most part, I only work 2 days a week. When my DH comes home from work, he looks to spend time with her before she goes to sleep but her mood changes- even on the days where she's so pleasant and easy to please. He keeps saying "she's not crazy about me",  it breaks my heart! But I try explaining to him that I have days where she's cranky and fussy all day and not to take it personal. It's just a phase. Anyone have something similar going on? 

Re: LO cries with DH?

• Options
    Yes! I teach, so I'm at home with LO right now. He does fine with hubs if I'm close by. But, if I leave the room he screams and cries. Poor hubs keeps saying he doesn't know what he's doing wrong because LO calms right down for me. I think they are going through some kind of separation phase right now and are very attached to mommy. 
    Me: 31 DH: 40
    Married 2012
    TTC #2 since July 2016
    PCOS diagnosed 2008
  • Options
    Since day 1. For whatever reason, Brynlee loses her mind if daddy holds her. She's ok if I'm within arms reach and talking to her, but if I'm so far as across the room, she's a total mess. I think for us, it stems from when she was brand new and had all the stomach issues. I was always with her and always the one to soothe her. 
    I have had the exact conversation with SO though about it not just being him. There are many a days while he's at work that she does nothing but scream at me too! He gets much more stressed out when she fusses. He also has no good ways of calming her. He rocks her, but claims it hurts his back too much, and he just doesn't get the idea of talking to her, shushing her, anything. Love him dearly, but he could use some work in this department. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I was getting concerned lol. My husband also doesn't have much patience and is not so good with the soothing. I can't even go into another room without her crying as well. Hopefully it passes soon. 
  • Options
    I think our LOs may be going through a phase? My son is almost 7 months and realizing that mommy can leave him... I think that's what's making him cry. Usually when I leave him and walk away ( to pee, eat, do laundry, etc) he would be fine- now he cries as if I'm cutting off each of his toes with a plastic knife. 
    i don't think it's who is holding them, it's they are so used to being with mommy that when we hand them off or leave them their little minds think "OH MY GOD MOMMY IS LEAVING AND IS NEVER COMING BACK- maybe if I cry loud enough she will hear me and come back"
    my SO has been out of the country for almost 3 weeks and LO has developed this while he's been gone I'm interested to see how LO reacts to SO when he gets back. 
  • Options
    l4rkl4rk member
    Have you ladies tried staying out of sight? My LO gets upset with SO but only if she can see me nearby. If he takes her away, she forgets about me aflyer a couple minutes of crying. Then she is completely fine until we cross paths again, at which point she gets upset all over again! We play a game called "hide the mommy"... 
  • Options
    @l4rk only momentarily. I'll be in another room for a few minutes then I come back and hang out with DH and LO. I feel so bad when she cries so I usually come right back. But maybe I'll try staying away and out of sight like you suggested. Thanks! 
  • Options
    It's apart of the 5th leap's symptoms I believe. The book even says that the mommy attachment can come back for a point after the 26th week. My DH is a stay at home dad so you'd think DD would be more attached to him. Not the case. As soon as I'm home, she'll only let me hold her and gets fussy when I have to hand her to him for a minute. I just think it's a mommy phase and I'm savouring every minute of it! 
  • Options
    "Why have anyone else hold me when mommy can!! I know she will if I cry!" hehehe We definitely went through that also, but flip switched a few weeks ago and she's obsessed with daddy now. I'd recommend having daddy do as much caregiving as possible, what he can, like bathing, bottles, playtime, story-time, etc. Even if baby makes it 1 minute without crying it's a start, and then mom can come in sight and supervise and let baby know it's OK that daddy is there too. Then, the next time she'll make it longer etc etc.
  • Options
    My LO could care less if I'm in or out of her sight. If daddy is holding her, 99% of the tone, she's in a full blown meltdown. Yet, when I'm holding her and she's happy, she just babbles and tells "stories" about dada. I'm sure it's just her making a sound that gets her attention, but it's so funny to me. 
  • Options
    Same here!  I was worried it's because I've been home with her everyday and she is spoiled/attached/etc but I think it's because DH runs low on patience quickly, doesn't know how to constantly evolve with comforting/soothing her (he still holds her like a newborn) and doesn't feel like he's as good as "The Pro Super Mom" as he calls me when he is frustrated (baby usually needs a bath after he feeds her, it takes him forever to put her down to sleep, etc).  

I have noticed that if she is pre-occupied and doesn't realize I left the room, as long as she can't hear me I can get things done or go to the gym while DH watches her.  I've even texted my DH if I needed something from the room she is in so he can grab it and her not see/hear me - desperate measures!