January 2016 Moms

Exclusively Pumping- Wanting to Concieve

So I'm an EPer- have been since my daughter was a week old and realized BFing wasn't for me. She is now almost 6 months old and we would like to start TTC. I'm 32 and we want 3 more! So I've been pumping 3x a day since March (oversupplier) and once in a while I was going 2x a day until recently when my supply has taken a hefty dip I decided to move back up to 3x a day, I have taken Clear Blue Digital OPK and gotten 3 flashing smiley faces the last 3 day but I have yet to have my first postpartum period. Does anyone have any advice on how I can kick-start ovulation, a period.. something? I really don't want to give up pumping for my daughter- I know breast milk is the best for her, but I do want to grow my family. Any advice/input would be appreciated. Thanks!! 

Re: Exclusively Pumping- Wanting to Concieve

• I'm in the same boat. Pumping, 6 months PP, no period, and want to start trying again soon. However, I have been warned of this risks of having 2 back to back so I just want to share this info with you so you have it also. It's pretty rare to have ovulation before your first PP period, but possible. If you're only pumping 2-3x per day and not BFing around the clock your chances of getting pregnant are increased. Here is what Kellymom has to say about it with sources. If you are getting smileys then you could be one of the few that it could happen to.
  • Idk how to get your cycle going but my good friend was EBF and her period hadn't returned yet when she got pregnant at 4 months PP (unexpected).  so if your getting smileys it's quite possible it could happen for you too!