TTC after 35
Options

Intro TTC #3 (children & loss mentioned)

Hi I am 35 and TTC #3. My first two were both conceived in the 2nd cycle when I was 28 and 30. We started TTC #3 last October and we got pregnant the 1st cycle, but had an early miscarriage. Since then we have been TTC since March without any luck. Other than trying to guess my ovulation date from an app, I don't know much about TTC after 35. I had always had my heart set on 4 kids, but since we waited so long between #2 and #3 and with the miscarriage and then it not happening every month since, I am starting to get discouraged and think that maybe we waited too long. DH is 38 and has said he does not want to have any more kids once he is 40, so I feel like I am running out of time. 

Thank you for listening :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro TTC #3 (children & loss mentioned)

• Options
    Welcome and good luck to you!  So sorry for your loss.  I would recommend the ovulation test kits to at least use a few months in a row to get a better idea of ovulation.  Mine have been spot on each month as they also have been confirmed by my RE most months.  When we started I suspected I ovulated later than I actually do, so I think we did "waste" a few months on focusing on the wrong days.  You still have quite a while to be trying so do not give up hope just yet!!!!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Options
    Lu19Lu19 member
    Welcome to the board! Sorry for your loss, we've been trying for #2 since November, and found out I was pg in January, but was ectopic. Was benched, and have been trying without success since March as well. Our next step is to actually start the OPK and temping to see if our O estimates are off.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    welcome! I also recommend the OPKs, I thought it would drive me even battier about BD on the "right" days, but it's actually made things less stressful (we were BD every other day, which was stressing us both out if we missed a day!). good luck! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice! I think I will try that this next cycle. In my head I wanted to just "let it happen" but I think I need to start doing things to help us along if possible. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Likewise, highly recommend OPKs. I use the "cheapies" - Wondfo brand - and they are great (I also used the fancy monitor last time and found it was always way off).
  • Options
    Welcome! I am also TTC #3. I will be 39 in September. I was 29 when I got pregnant with my first and 32 when I got pregnant with my second. Both were the second cycle and it's taking a bit longer for me this time as well. I think the OPK's are a good idea for getting more information about when and if you are ovulating. For me, I do not think I am ovulating every cycle. I'm glad I know and it actually helps me try to be more patient knowing that. Wishing you good luck and a short stay here!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016