February 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: Pet Peeves

Lets hear what really gets your panties in a wad. 

Re: GTKY: Pet Peeves

• Options
    People who chew loudly or talk with a mouthful of food!!!! Smacking your gum falls into this category as well!
  • Options
    SweetTSweetT member
    Yes to chewing. It makes my skin crawl. 
    People who interrupt drive me nuts, I understand getting excited to agree or share but I have a friend who does it constantly. I feel like when I'm around her I can never finish a sentence. I love her like crazy but I do have to walk away sometimes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chewing noises for sure.

People who are late.  I have 4 kids and 2 businesses, if I can be on time....

People who are mean just for the sake of being mean or who are trying to be funny.  Especially on the internet.  And especially from people who are or will be parents responsible for raising kind human beings.  Being kind isn't that hard and it's free.  
    Expecting #5
    Rainbow baby after 3 losses
    Due February, 2017

• Options
    People who are rude to me when I'm trying to give them money. I coordinate with a lot of contractors at work, and the level of rudeness I get from the majority of them is truly astounding. 
  • Options
    Politics on Facebook. 

Slow/clueless walkers. 

Texting while driving.  

Misuse of common written language (your/you're, their/they're/ there).

Moms who only talk about their kids' bowel movements and their own macro/paleo/beach body/calorie counting diets.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nail clipping in public super freaks me out
  • Options
    the term "adulting" ;-)

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    Chewing noises and being interrupted repeatedly. Like if you cant let me finish a story, I instantly think you suck. 
  • Options
    Yes to the nail clipping. I don't even like when someone does it anywhere in the house but the bathroom!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Many of mine are grammar related. 
    "I could care less"
    "Alot"
    Same. Misuse of apostrophes ranks high for me!
  • Options
    Texting while driving 
    The word moist (Ew!)
    The word irregardless 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    SweetTSweetT member
    Irregardless, that "word" goes right through me. 
  • Options
    At work, I can't stand when people just approach my desk and silently wait for me to acknowledge their presence without saying "Hi" or "Do you have a minute for a question?"

Coworkers who spend their day chit chatting when there is a lot of work to get done. 

When people make strong smelling food at work and then throw any leftovers away in trash cans outside of the kitchen area. 

Can you tell work is bugging me lately?
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CherryBananasCherryBananas member
    edited July 2016
    People who don't use their cruise control on the highway.

I drive 2 hours each way to my parent's house a couple of times a month. I really want to stab the people that pass me 7 or 8 times(!!!) during my drive. I mean, I'll pass someone doing exactly the speed limit, and then 15 minutes later they go flying by me, only to slow down again as soon as they get back in my lane!! 

Just talking about it is making my blood pressure go up. 

Edited because spelling.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    nail clipping in public super freaks me out
    I was going to say this is my pet peeve too. There are a couple people at my work who insist on doing this at their desk. WHY??? It makes me want to vomit on their desk. 
    Ewww!!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    People who refuse to use turn signals whil le
    driving.

No, I can't read your mind and understand that when you slow down to 10 mph, you're preparing to turn right.  

No, it doesn't count if you put your signal on as you're switching into my lane.  You have to put your signal on, wait to see if it's safe to switch lanes, and then go.  

Use your signals, people!!
    YESYESYESYESYES
  • Options
    Basically, my husband. That about sums it up! 
  • Options
    People who refuse to use turn signals whil le
    driving.

No, I can't read your mind and understand that when you slow down to 10 mph, you're preparing to turn right.  

No, it doesn't count if you put your signal on as you're switching into my lane.  You have to put your signal on, wait to see if it's safe to switch lanes, and then go.  

Use your signals, people!!
    This is my H. He gets all huffy that someone won't let him over and I'm like YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE YOUR SIGNAL ON. 
    Drives me nuts. 
  • Options
    @Steelerfan78 I'm shuddering at "moist." Blech.
  • Options
    When I think of how DH went to a 4 year university to get his degree in teaching and makes a significantly less amount of money than other professions even though they went to school for the same amount of years. I know it's petty but I feel his job is just as important so why should he get paid so much less when he studied the same number of years at a great college. 
  • Options
    joyful08 said:
    When I think of how DH went to a 4 year university to get his degree in teaching and makes a significantly less amount of money than other professions even though they went to school for the same amount of years. I know it's petty but I feel his job is just as important so why should he get paid so much less when he studied the same number of years at a great college. 
    This is a slippery slope. I mean teachers should be paid better, but just because you went to school for four years doesn't mean you deserve to make a set amount of money. 
  • Options
    I make more per hour than many of my friends with degrees, and I only went as far as HS. 
  • Options
    SweetTSweetT member
    joyful08 said:
    Amen. My husband is a special ed teacher. He works year round and spends so much time lesson planning and doing IEP's and having conferences with parents. He loves his job and he is very passionate about helping his kids but his pay his dismal. 
    Good teachers definitely deserve more but I don't agree with it being because of getting a 4 year degree. 
  • Options
    I make more per hour than many of my friends with degrees, and I only went as far as HS. 
    One of my closest friends waitresses and there are hours she makes more than me and I have multiple degrees and over a decade of experience. 
  • Options
    My husbands ECigarette!! I hate it. He spends entirely way too much time getting it "ready" and it drives me crazy. He always says "well I could be smoking still" 
  • Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    I too have misophonia... Aka "sound rage" so anything chewing, clicking, biting, grinding makes me unnecessarily upset.

this new Pokemon craze is pretty high on the list.  My DH got out of work early to go catch Pokemon with friends instead of coming home to me and DD. 

• Options
    My coworker who inserts himself into EVERY conversation as if he is the expert on everything. He is also typically wrong. It drives me up the wall.

When I am trying to answer a question at work and the other person interrupts me or talks over me. Do you want me to answer or not?!?
  • Options
    amotz777 said:
    My coworker who inserts himself into EVERY conversation as if he is the expert on everything. He is also typically wrong. It drives me up the wall.

When I am trying to answer a question at work and the other person interrupts me or talks over me. Do you want me to answer or not?!?
    This is like my work enemy! Or asks you to explain something time consuming than ask someone else they think will give a better answer. 
  • Options
    @PerraSucia YES! This same guy does that right in front of the original person he asked. It's so rude! 
  • Options
    Yes to @heatsparks to slow walkers.  Get where you are going. 

I also hate it when people see traffic lining up to get off at a particular exit, so they ride the lane next to to the front of the line and try and cut in.  Bonus points for when they STOP ON THE HIGHWAY until someone lets them in.  Sorry, but you aren't more important than all the people in the line.  Wait your damn turn.  

People who say they will do things, but then just don't.  Don't volunteer if you aren't gonna do it.  

I'm sure there are more.  I'll probably be back. There are some days, I just hate people.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    Also - do people seriously clip their toenails in public?  Like for real?  UGH.  people.... 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options

This is a slippery slope. I mean teachers should be paid better, but just because you went to school for four years doesn't mean you deserve to make a set amount of money. 
    SweetT said:

Amen. My husband is a special ed teacher. He works year round and spends so much time lesson planning and doing IEP's and having conferences with parents. He loves his job and he is very passionate about helping his kids but his pay his dismal. 
    Good teachers definitely deserve more but I don't agree with it being because of getting a 4 year degree. 
    I agree with both of these I guess I just didn't word my thoughts correctly. I definitely understand that you shouldn't get paid a set amount of money just because of a degree. I just feel like he is cheated in a way even though he worked just as hard to get his degree. I know a few people that have desk jobs right out of college and spend most of their day browsing online not actively working and get paid tons to do it. And it makes me sad to see teachers work all day non-stop and get crappy pay. I know I am bias because I know lots of teachers I just think teacher pay is flawed. 
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 YES to the people who try to cut in and don't want to wait their turn! Drives me bonkers.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    MommaBeanMommaBean member
    edited July 2016
    joyful08 said:
    I agree with both of these I guess I just didn't word my thoughts correctly. I definitely understand that you shouldn't get paid a set amount of money just because of a degree. I just feel like he is cheated in a way even though he worked just as hard to get his degree. I know a few people that have desk jobs right out of college and spend most of their day browsing online not actively working and get paid tons to do it. And it makes me sad to see teachers work all day non-stop and get crappy pay. I know I am bias because I know lots of teachers I just think teacher pay is flawed. 
    We knew what we were getting into, @joyful08. If our goal was to collect a fat check for browsing the Internet, we wouldn't have majored in education! It depends where you are, too - I think I make a pretty good salary. 

ETA: that last part sounds crass. I only bring it up in the context of the conversation because I think it's like "common knowledge" that teacher pay is shit when that's not universally true. 
  • Options
    when people bounce their leg and it shakes the whole table or bench

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers