TTC after 35

July check in!!

Tell us: 

your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer) 

where you're from 

TTC#?

how many months/cycles you've been TTC

where you are at in your cycle

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related.

gtky question: how do you de-stress, center yourself, shake off a bad day, etc? 
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: July check in!!

• Jenn from PA

TTC#1 on and off since 9/2014, very consistently since March 2016

I'm CD 27/ 14 or 15 DPO

Honestly I know I said I would wait for H to test, but I caved and secretly bought a test on 11/12 DPO and it was BFN.  So now I have little hope because I refuse to test again unless AF does not show.  I've had some issues with my V that I'm going to get checked out/tested for a yeast infection tomorrow.  This was my first cycle using Clomid so I didn't know if that affected CM & feeling "not right" down there, or if it was a lingering yeast infection which I definitely had one two months ago.  We shall see.  

Sadly one of the ways I like to destress or improve my mood is to shop.  Not as much as I used to, but just going out and getting something is therapeutic.  Even if it's just something for the house.  I also like to garden (very light gardening, just flowers in pots, not anything extensive), but I enjoy pulling weeds and making things look cleaned up.  Going for walks, reading, or going out for a cocktail with H are nice distractions as well.  Taking a long drive out in the country/in nature helps reset things mentally for me as well.

Good luck to you all!!!

Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer):  artemis618 (though I realize I have a profile pic - it's already public as my fb profile pic)

where you're from:  From Central California originally, but will have lived in SoCal for 21 years next month

TTC#? #1 - took me a little longer to find my baby daddy prospect

how many months/cycles you've been TTC - this will be 2, but I guess we weren't really trying very hard last month/wasn't paying attention with wedding/traveling for honeymoon.

where you are at in your cycle - CD2 - ugh

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related.  I feel a bit of time pressure because my RE told me to seek help if we're not pregnant by year-end (I'll be 39).  Then things get expensive.  Also just having being a girl right now because of AF.

gtky question: how do you de-stress, center yourself, shake off a bad day, etc?  I sleep.  I used to dance, or yoga would probably be a good option if I didn't go at the gym in the morning before work. But I've also come to realize that I stress shop too.  Two days before my wedding last month I bought all this stuff I didn't need from Nordstrom Rack (and subsequently returned a bunch of it) - but I did find the ties my dad and brother wore, and the pocket square and striped socks that DH wore for the wedding that day :p
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Jen, from Oregon

TTC#1 for 10mos/10cycles

CD26/12DPO

Feeling normal other than super sore bbs since O, but had that last month for the first time too and ended up with a whole stack of BFNs and AF a day early, so not really excited about it this time. haha. Several more ladies at work have announced they are pregnant and a close friend told me she and her husband were going to start TTC in sept. and said "wouldn't it be awesome to be pregnant together??!" I said yes, but inside I was thinking she will probably be pregnant right away while I still linger here with unexplained inability to even get a BFP. I've given up getting mad at myself for being cynical about the whole thing though, it feels better to let myself wallow for a little bit, then I can move on :) 

I wish I only shopped when I was stressed! I need to delete Amazon from my phone....when I'm waiting on line or bored it's my go-to. SO dangerous! I remain skeptical, but I got a couple of diffusers and am trying the whole essential oils thing.....if you count loving the yummy smells as calming/de-stressing, then I guess they work, but so far that's all I've noticed. Journaling also helps me digest/unwind, but I'm really bad about taking the time to do it for some reason. If I'm really stressed, or had a really horrible day I will do yoga and then make myself a tea tree oil foot soak. At 2am with the lights dimmed and everything quiet in the house it feels just like being at the spa! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Marija from DC, TTC #2 - planning to start in September or October, just using OPKs and charting with that right now.

CD 8

Feeling ok, still find I get very tired if I don't get 7-8 hours of sleep consistently; with DS learning to walk, I'm pretty scared about my energy levels during the first trimester (last time was awful, I was totally wiped), and then after the baby is born.  But of course I'm getting way ahead of myself...

It sounds boring but like @artemis618, sleep is my way to de-stress. I also come to The Bump!
  • your first name: Katie

where you're from: GA

TTC#? 3

how many months/cycles you've been TTC: 5

where you are at in your cycle: CD 14

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related. Feeling fine physically. I was a little discouraged after last cycle. AF was one day late and then I got some spotting just when I wiped and AF didn't fully show up for 2 more days. That put me into a bit of a funk for some reason. This cycle I have not picked up an OPK and I'm just trying to keep calm.

gtky question: how do you de-stress, center yourself, shake off a bad day, etc? I run. I'm not fast at all but it's my clearing my head time. I have been bad about making time for this lately but starting Aug 1 I intend to stick to a training plan for a ten mile race in October.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Christina from IL. TTC #3 for 6 months with an additional 4 month break due to an early miscarriage.  CD 6.  Generally feeling optimistic about this cycle. Going to do an opk for the first time. Also periodically feeling panicky that my husband may change his mind at any second. He has been super stressed at work and does not handle stress well at all. Also frustrated that #2 never allows us any private time. I didn't realize how big a factor this was until I started trying to track the frequency of "trying" and noticed how often it was derailed. I desperately want a sister for my 6 year old daughter but I'm worried about the 7+ year age gap. I keep telling myself it won't matter when they are older but I still worry if they will be close. I love to do yoga; although I rarely make the time for it. When I do I feel amazing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer)  Laura

where you're from Boston

TTC#? 1

how many months/cycles you've been TTC 4

where you are at in your cycle: I wish I had a better idea but a progesterone test indicated that what I thought was AF was mid-cycle bleeding throwing me totally off.   

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related.  I was supposed to start clomid last week and have my HSG done this week but my cycle being totally irregular has disrupted all the plans.  Its very frustrating.  

gtky question: how do you de-stress, center yourself, shake off a bad day, etc? Exercise is helpful but a good nap works too.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer) Ashley

where you're from Alabama Gulf Coast

TTC#? 1

how many months/cycles you've been TTC 8/8

where you are at in your cycle sadly, CD1

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related. (@laurad75 has already heard my sob story today :)I got all SS this past cycle because I got a confirmed O via OPKs on CD17 after the previous cycle was anovulatory.  But, alas, AF is here in a big way.  Also, this next cycle will the my last Clomid cycle before I have to move on from my doctor to the RE group.  No pressure, ute, no pressure.

gtky question: how do you de-stress, center yourself, shake off a bad day, etc? There is a wine shop and kitchen within walking distance to my house so I like to go with DH, grab a bottle (or *cough* two *cough*) of wine from the shelves and order a gourmet woodfire pizza.  So, basically, I eat and drink my feels.
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• hezzer78hezzer78 member
    edited July 2016
    your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer) Heather

where you're from  Houston, Texas

TTC#? 1

how many months/cycles you've been TTC - 5 months/4 cycles - 2 NTNP, 2 with temping and tracking

where you are at in your cycle - AF day 1. Booo. 

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related. - Just starting to get nervous. A couple more cycles and I'll be calling an RE to discuss things. DH is going to get a SA next month anyways - we figure that's pretty easy and painless to do, so might as well get that checked out first. Was really hoping to be KU this month - just timing wise, it would have been perfect. Alas, not the case. 

gtky question: how do you de-stress, center yourself, shake off a bad day, etc? 
    This is a great question because I don't always know what to do besides curl up on the couch with wine and netflix. I know that might not be the healthiest option for me, so I'm always looking for alternatives. I love weightlifting - and belly dancing. Both of which put me in a happy place, but if I don't feel like doing something physical, a hot bubble bath usually works wonders. But so does chips and queso. :) 
  • @hezzer78 Cycle buddies <3

Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• Hello I am Lesley

I hail from the Bronx 

TTC# 1

how many months/cycles you've been TTC: I have been trying for 25 cycles, with about 14 cycles of IUIs and IVF treatments.  The rest were breaks and time off.

where you are at in your cycle: CD11.5 - In the middle of a natural FET

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related:  My biggest rant is RE offices.  Why all the secrecy, about the process.  Everyone knows that fertility medicine has no guarantees, but RE's and their staff (of 80% are not suited for their jobs) act like if they keep it a secret, no one can accuse them of making false promises so they can't be sued while offering us just enough to make us spend our life savings for a big if.    

gtky question: how do you de-stress, center yourself, shake off a bad day, etc?  I read and sleep.  Maybe a little Ponche Kuba with ice cream and chocolate syrup.
  • Hello I am Laurie

I hail from the Wakefield, MA 

TTC# 1

how many months/cycles you've been TTC: I have been trying for 10 cycles

where you are at in your cycle: CD9 

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related:  It's just difficult. One day I feel hopeful and the one day I am depressed and thinking it will never happen to us. 

gtky question: how do you de-stress, center yourself, shake off a bad day, etc?  I read and sleep.  Maybe a little soft serve ice cream with sprinkles.