Pregnant after a Loss

Weekly PGAL check in- 7/11

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD? 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: 

5. Questions:

6. GTKY: Are you taking any vacations this summer? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Weekly PGAL check in- 7/11

• 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): I think I've introduced myself but I forget - I had a MC over Christmas last year at 7 weeks gestation

8w6d, EDD Feb 14

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    I wish the big details of this darn move were set in place - we're 3 weeks out and it is starting to cause me stress and anxiety ...

end of the first trimester I suppose

5. Questions: 
    I think I have a bit of round ligament pain when I cough, but it seems early. Any thoughts?

No - planning an international move is taking up all my time unfortunately

---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• 2. How far along are you? EDD? 24w4d, October 27

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    Feeling pretty good, I just get tired easily. I think we've tentatively decided on a name! We'll wait until we meet her to make a final decision. 

Third trimester and the 28 week growth scan.

5. Questions:

Not this year. DH is saving his days for when baby comes.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

19w 4d, EDD 12/1

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:  
    Trying to put together a registry.  I'm thankful that we have some family members who are giving us a bunch of stuff, but figuring out what else we'll need is pretty overwhelming.  I'm not sure whether anyone will offer to throw a shower, so we might be on our own for purchasing a lot of stuff.

Viability at 24 weeks

5. Questions: 
    Nothing

Yes, we went to Montreal for a week, and we have a beach vacation planned in August.  Can't wait for the beach!
  • chrstna618chrstna618 member
    edited July 2016
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): Christina, second pregnancy, first lost at 12wks.

6w5d EDD late Feb?

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    I love my midwife! And got a good hormone report today! And I ate lunch WooHoo! (Struggling to eat lately)

Results from today's blood draw, and 9wk US on the 27th.

5. Questions: 
    anyone else overanalyze symptoms? When I feel like crap I'm glad but when I feel better I worry...

DH took a week off in Aug for our 6th anniversary, also happens to be our lost due date week...hoping to get outta town!
  • MissPrint1219MissPrint1219 member
    edited July 2016
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): DH and I are both 39 and trying for our first. We have had four prior losses.

5w 3d, EDD 3/10 (my 40th bday!)

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    Livin' the dream! Sore boobs, random dizziness, plenty of gas and crazy dreams.

Morning sickness!!

5. Questions:

Edited because I accidentally deleted the last question :-) 
    DH and I have a weekend trip to NYC at the end of August that was planned before we found out we were pregnant.
    “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”  ~Maya Angelou

~~~~ TW ~~~~~~

Me: 40    DH: 39
    Married 12.19.13
    BFP #1 1/14, MC 2/14 (6wks)
    BFP #2 1/15, MMC/D&C 3/15 (12wks)
    BFP #3 6/15, MC 8/15 (9wks)
    BFP #4 4/16, MC 4/16 (5wks)
    BFP #5 7/16, MMC 8/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #6 3/4 , EDD 11/9/17
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

14 weeks!! Yay second trimester!!!

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 

Rant: tonight I sneezed and peed enough for it to drip down my leg :( I thought that didn't happen until later! And right after that I couldn't find out salt even though I had *just* used it earlier when cooking dinner - looked all over three times and then found it in the refrigerator. 

Rave: DH just started his first year of residency and last night we snuck into the clinic and used an ultrasound to check on Cletus the fetus. 

Random; I bought a bunch of onesies today because they had dinosaurs on them. 

finding out the sex! 

5. Questions:

We went to the beach earlier this summer before we moved for residency. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @catiecatp, I had RL-like pains earlier than most (10-12wk). I think that one side of my uterus is the side that is weaker so any stretching is more painful. But they used to come and go.

19WEEKS! EDD: Dec 6th

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:
    Kind of annoyed at work this week, many changes occurring so expecting some growing pains and also anxious how this is going to affect my role.
    I am super duper excited to be feeling the baby every day now, maybe once or twice a day in the evenings mostly.

A/S (& findings out the sex) and viability at 24 weeks

5. Questions:
    none right now.

One staycation (with my mom visiting) and going back to our home state for babyshowers, visit family and a wedding.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited July 2016
    @catiecatp I had more RLP in the first tri than any other time for some reason. It started almost as soon as I got my BFP (at 10DPO, right at 3w0d per LMP). I have little tricks to avoid them so I'd look ridiculous sneezing in public while squatting down so it didn't hurt. I got it really bad at around 5w and I worried a LOT one night getting up from the toilet (it hurt for a full 2 minutes) but they calmed down after week 14-15. Now that I'm further along, I'm getting them more again but not as much as in the first tri. 

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): Not new but I know others are. I was active on TTGP as of September (and lurker in July and August) and had an early loss in November. We named our LO Francis (didn't know the sex but I see him as a he). Were incredibly blessed with a BFP after my first period post-MC. 

31w4d seems way too far along. Due 9/9 (less than two months!).

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    Francis' EDD was a couple of weeks ago and it was a hard day. I couldn't go to the cemetery to visit him and bring him flowers. We'd had a ceremony a month earlier and brought flowers and a teddy bear. I've cried a lot since then and it doesn't help that I'm feeling more emotional due to hormones. Overall, things have gotten easier as the pregnancy progressed and I have a better sense of acceptance. 

36 weeks, just looking to make sure this baby makes it out into this world okay.

5. Questions:

Not really. We're due in less than two months so we are saving all our vacation time for baby.

Edit TB ate my post 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @AlwaysAuntNeverMom - thanks for the heads up on RLP potentially in the 1st trimester - I think that is what it is. A bit lower than when I had appendicitis years ago and sometimes on both sides - usually when I cough. I'm sorry you've been having a rough time lately - I hope you can have a bit of peace and relaxation before this LO comes
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): I'm new to this board, but I've lurked every so often. I had an MMC in December. It was discovered at the 12-week appointment, and the baby had stopped growing around 10.5 weeks. The only fortunate part of this story is that I'd pushed to have the 12-week appointment 6 days sooner than what was previously scheduled, because I'd begun spotting. I was active on the TTCAL board until my BFP over a week ago. 

5 weeks exactly, according to estimated O. EDD 3/14/17

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    I'm pregnant today, and nothing can say otherwise. :smile:

Every day that nothing alarming happens is a milestone! My first OB appt is July 29 when I'll be approx. 7 weeks.

5. Questions: 
    For ladies that have attended their first OB appt., how did you keep yourself calm throughout it? I worry that I'll be so overcome with anxiety that I'll faint on the patient table the minute it's u/s time! Any calming tips I could practice to prepare for that moment?

Both DH and I are taking courses, so we're having a chill summer season at home. Once classes are over, and we have a bit of a break (DH is still in college and I'm a teacher), we're seeing three concerts in three separate but drivable states.
  • @dubcompanion I wish I had words of wisdom for keeping calm at your appointment - I just cried until I saw baby. They knew my history and were really nice about it. Fx for you! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

•  @dubcompanion ....  I just take deep breathes from beginning to end of each appt hoping they get easier !  good luck!! 

I did an intro but in case you missed it, i have a beautiful / year old daughter.  I had two losses in the past year trying to conceive #2.   One in Aug around 6 weeks and one on dec at about 8 weeks.  Hoping for a sticky baby this time round! 

6 weeks 6 days .  EDD is 3/2

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:
    Feeling pretty tired and nauseous...  So pretty excited about feeling terrible
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): I've been lurking, thought I would introduce myself. I had a MMC in March at little over 9 weeks.

6 weeks 1 day, EDD 3/8

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    This week nausea set in, mostly gagging and dry heaving. I have good days and bad days.

I had my first OB appointment and my betas, progesterone look good so I'm feeling better. They want to do an early ultrasound next week at 7 weeks which I'm super anxious about...I've never seen the heart beat before. If all goes well I will see my doctor at 9w4d.

5. Questions: 
    Not really...having a good support system like this is so helpful.

Not really...DH is a wedding photographer so he's pretty busy in the summer but going to visit my Dad in Tennnessee at the end of September.
  • @dubcompanion ditto on crying until I saw baby and got good news. Mine was moved up because of spotting and while I was waiting for the doctor to come in, I could hear someone else's baby's heartbeat beating on an ultrasound next door. It was excruciating. I sobbed all throughout my appointment. I hope things go great for you and it's okay if you get emotional!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @AlwaysAuntNeverMom Oh gosh, my MMC was discovered after I moved up an appointment due to spotting. I think I would positively faint if that occurred all over again and heard someone else's baby's heartbeat next door. I'm glad things turned out better for you, and honestly, it does give me hope that spotting doesn't have to mean doom. (I do know this already, but spotting in pregnancy has yet to be a good thing for me.)

@Kath4156 Thank you for the advice on taking deep breaths. If I have a major triggering moment like the one described above, focusing on doing that may hopefully prevent me from hyperventilating and lessen the chance of going into a full-blown panic attack.. :confused: