February 2017 Moms
Options

Sensitive skin?

So since getting my BFP my skin has been nuts. Usually I can use anything but suddenly everything is bothering me. 
I think I have perioral dermatitis which I've almost gotten rid of with ACV and calendula cream. And over the past 2 days I've broken out on my chest in some kind of irritation from where my bras touch. I never had these issues last time is anyone experiencing anything like this? 

Re: Sensitive skin?

• Options
    I have always had sensitive skin, but it is definitely worse now! I usually do not get much in the way of acne, but for the first time in my life I have broken out on the back of my shoulder for some reason.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    One weird thing I remember from my first pregnancy was skin tags.. They popped up everywhere, it was bizarre. They eventually went away but it was annoying. Hormones are weird. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SweetTSweetT member
    One weird thing I remember from my first pregnancy was skin tags.. They popped up everywhere, it was bizarre. They eventually went away but it was annoying. Hormones are weird. 
    I didn't get skin tags but I got areas of discoloration, mostly on my shoulders.  I still have them and they get worse with sun exposure. I totally forgot about that. I guess I had skin issues last time but it's been long enough they slipped my mind. 
  • Options
    I got weird rashes on my hands my first pregnancy. I still don't know what it was from: lotion, soap, hand sanitizer, gloves (I'm a nurse). But it went away after the baby came. I'm holding my breath this time, hoping it won't happen again. It was itchy and gross! 
  • Options
    Yes, my skin goes nuts with pregnancy.  I've had flares of perioral dermatitis from who knows what during my other pregnancies (not this one yet), contact dermatitis on my arms, etc.  During my last pregnancy I actually had to get steroid shots because the dermatitis got so bad.  Weird skin reactions happen frequently during pregnancy, ugh. 

• Options
    VastraVastra member
    I've had idiopathic hives on and off since I was 15, and they've actually gotten better since I got pregnant! I had been taking Zyrtec (class B, totally safe) but went off because I don't like to medicate if I don't have to. They've been mild even without meds, but what I have noticed is my mole hairs (ew, I know) going nuts. In particular, one on my arm and another under my chin. As I understand, this comes with the increased blood flow and hair thickness, which is usually a good thing, but not when you look like you're growing yarn out of your body! 

Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Options
    SweetTSweetT member
    Yes, my skin goes nuts with pregnancy.  I've had flares of perioral dermatitis from who knows what during my other pregnancies (not this one yet), contact dermatitis on my arms, etc.  During my last pregnancy I actually had to get steroid shots because the dermatitis got so bad.  Weird skin reactions happen frequently during pregnancy, ugh. 
    Does the perioral dermatitis flare up randomly after giving birth? I'm wondering if this is something I'll have to deal with while not pregnant too. 
    The ACV and calendula cream worked really quickly my doctor was impressed with how fast it had gotten better. It's still pink but not flaky and angry like it had been it's easy to cover with makeup now if I need to. 
  • Options
    I haven't had many issues outside of pregnancy with the perioral dermatitis, except for years ago before I was ever pregnant. I try to avoid potential triggers for me, like my dermatologist suggested I switch to natural toothpaste, I can't use some chapsticks, and I have to be careful about mango skins (apparently they have urushiol, which is the same chemical in poison ivy).  Overall my skin is much less likely to flare up with dermatitis issues outside of pregnancy.  Pregnancy just seems to make skin issues worse.

• Options
    I get on and off hives all over my thighs and butt (sorry tmi) that itch like crazy! I think it might be allergy related but I only ever got something like this from the heat before being pregnant. My skin is sensitive normally but this is a whole different level of sensitive lol Not to mention the weird groupings of pimples that pop up on the back of my neck
  • Options
    jab3-2jab3-2 member
    Yeah I get a ton of skin tag things and my skin is just always itchy. I also burn even quicker than I normally do in the sun and its severe if I don't have sunscreen on. Also weird breakouts on my chest that look like heat rash except worse. My face is more oily and having some breakouts where it's usually super dry and I never get a pimple. My skin overall is extremely sensitive though even when I'm not pregnant.