August 2016 Moms

Flu shot

Anybody getting flu shot? August would probably be too soon but just in case.

Re: Flu shot

• I'll make my decision when it is actually flu season.
  • SheaCCSheaCC member
    edited July 2016
    Did you get one toward the beginning of your pregnancy, during last flu season? I got it in December. I've had my doctor and nurses ask if I've gotten the flu shot, and when I say yes, in December, they don't say anything else. Not sure what their response would be if I said no/whether there are still some available to get now. I guess it changes every season, so not sure how effective mine from last season will be in possibly protecting the baby once he's here, but I am glad I got it just in case.
  • Loading the player...
  • I got one just a couple weeks before we got pregnant, in November. I asked about this at our last appointment and they said since we'll be delivering before flu season, not to worry about it. They won't have a vaccine for this year yet. Baby will be too young to get a flu shot this year, but I was still encouraged to get one once there is one available, as I can pass some antibodies via breast milk. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I will get one during flu season.  As will my 2 year old, DH, my parents, and anyone else who will have close contact with the baby as the LO will be too young to receive one. 
  • My doc said this seasons won't be available either.
  • Same as @MamaKSquared for me - the timing is that I got it before being pregnant last fall and I won't be pregnant by the time flu shot season rolls around again. I plan on getting it though.

• Yep! Got it early January I think

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ceventa me too - something in that time frame 
  • Yes, probably in sept or oct, and everyone who is going to care for DD and this baby will be required by me to get one, too.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Also, my pedi said to get DD hers as soon as it's available since this baby will still be too little to get his until Feb.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016