TTC After a Loss
Options

TGIF check in 7/8

Guys, it's finally Friday. I never thought this day would come. 

Let's all celebrate by sharing our plans and/or BD marathons for the weekend!!!

Re: TGIF check in 7/8

• Options
    DH and I are on a little work/getaway. He had to go out of town to do a job so I went with him. We are in a touristy town in northern Michigan. They are having a festival of sorts so it is crazy in this town. Hotel prices are through the roof and downtown is shut down to traffic and there is no parking. We might just drive to another town to get away. Lol. I was planning on going to the beach while DH is working today but we just got some weird freak hail storm. It looks like it will be passing soon though. So we will be hanging here all weekend. There is a nice Mexican restaurant next door so I might be eating queso and drinking margaritas all weekend. Lol. I'm sitting here at cd3 so hopefully things will calm down and then we can start HIO again. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I get the start my weekend of with my MFM appointment that my NP wants me to have after our third loss. It's kind of an adjunct/second opinion to our RE. I then have a cadaver lab today which is always fun

DHs 31st birthday is Sunday and he has a $500 ticket from a bet he made for the Penguins to win the cup that needs to be cashed in Vegas, so we are doing a quick trip out there Saturday night. They joys of only being a 4 hour drive from Vegas. It will be nice to get away a nice, lay by a pool, and a nice dinner and stay up way too late. 

Sunday I plan on sleeping all day because it's my first free day in about 7 weeks, I have been working non stop, and next week is going to super stressful with some major scary surgeries. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MooFish2364 queso and margaritas? yum enjoy!
    @SnobunnieMel have fun in vegas! and good luck at your appointment, i hope it goes well.

as for me, tomorrow night I have a small family dinner to celebrate my uncles wedding. he went to city hall a few weeks back and this is the official dinner to celebrate. it's at a nice restaurant in manhattan so that will be fun. sunday we are heading down to maryland for 1 night to visit family and eat some crabs.  oh and most importantly i'm trying to figure out when it best to test. i keep telling myself to wait until I'll believe the result. if i test tomorrow at 9dpo and its negative i'll keep on testing so i really should wait til i think i'll accept a negative. i'll probably cave and test tomorrow, if not then sunday.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel I'm so jealous! I'd give anything to lay by the pool. The sun hasn't come out all week here in SF. This foggy weather is doing nothing to lift my mood.

Tonight my husband and I are going to check out a New Mexican restaurant. Margaritas! Yay

Then probably just Netflix binging the rest of the weekend. I'm kind of in one of those there's nothing to do depressed mindsets, but really I'm just to lazy and in a poopy PMSY mood to figure out anything fun to do.

• Options
    @BaylieGirl @MooFish2364 I like the margarita trend already emerging. 
  • Options
    @BaylieGirl New Mexican or new Mexican? Ha ha, I couldn't resist. Speaking from another thread, I hear ya girl, I'm about to turn 38 next month...
    @SnobunnieMel have a great time in Vegas!!

I'm on call so no major plans, DH's aunt is here from Louisiana and her son is out of town, so she's texting me a lot to get together--so I'm sure we will :smile: (the same woman that finally stopped saying to me, "Amber, don't you have something to tell us?" every time I see her...."No, and please pass the wine!").

My T4 has revved up again so I'm back on meds, I'm petrified at our next endo appt 7/22 I'll be benched AGAIN....ugh. On the plus side, my maritime weekend ship call job called me this week and offered me a full time job! Doing that and working at their travel clinic. I'm meeting with them this morning. The only reason I haven't jumped at it yet is because it's M-F, and currently I work Tues-Thurs and 1-2 weekends/month. I'm so lucky to have a schedule like that.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    DH and I are road tripping to Tennessee tomorrow for a 10 day trip! DH's parents just moved down there o we are going there this weekend to see thier new house, barn etc. Then heading to Nashville on Monday and then back to his parents and then Ohio to see his brother. Should be a fun road trip! Im just sooooo looking forward to getting away and getting a break from everything.
  • Options
    @MooFish2364 - getting away from the craziness sounds good!
    @SnobunnieMel - good luck with your appt. Jealous that you live 4 hours from Vegas and can go there for quick getaways. Its such fun place to getaway too.
    @BaylieGirl - margaritas and netflix sounds like the perfect weekend!
    @amberruka- Hope you have fun with DH's aunt and she doesn't make any comments...maybe just keep a drink in your hand at all times lol! And congrats on the job offer!
  • Options
    I love hearing everybody's plans and think it's cool there's a few of you in the medical field!

@brooklyngirl18 mmmmm crabs!!! I had Maryland crabs once and they were soooo good! DH also got a few massive crab legs on the weekend at his folks'. I stole one away to go eat every last smidgeon of it, while dipping it in melted garlic butter omggggg! It was like $20 worth of crab and it was amazing haha

As for me, no huge plans. DH is back tonight and I still haven't O'd (tho I'm still worried about anovulation :( ) so BD'ing might be on the menu ;) HIO will be in order either way lol 
    I think we're heading back to Ikea to get some shelves and things for the kitchen wall. DH is trying to get everything in order so I can finish setting up my kitchen but we just haven't had much time what with him being away and then visiting his folks. Plans changed and he will be working locally next week so that should help a little. The renos and all the tasks that still need to be done are still feeling stressful so I'll try to figure out something fun for us to do to balance it out!

• Options
    Hey ladies! Sounds like there's lots of fun plans out there, esp Nashville, Vegas and margaritas!! Mmmmm

AFM and my DH, we are heading to the North End in Boston to celebrate my birthday tonight! It's a little section of the city that's packed with authentic Italian restaurants and bakeries <3

Then tomorrow my friend from Philly and her bf are coming over for a BBQ, lawn games and drinks! My morale dilemma is whether to let loose and drink or stick to my diet. I'm on cd34 right now and no crosshairs in FF but I had noticeably intense cramps in both ovaries on cd32 and then a .3 degree rise in temps this morning. Last cycle was 45 days so I'm wondering if maybe I ovulate REALLY late. I guess we'll see where temps go over the weekend! I might actually be in the TWW, holy schnikes
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    DH and I will be Pokemon hunting tonight (no shame). Tomorrow morning we have plans to clean and hangout inside Bingewatching Netflix because it's supposed to rain all day. But then tomorrow night we are seeing a Garth Brooks concert, and I couldn't possibly be more excited! I've seriously been waiting my whole life to see him again since the last time I was around 6 years old. 

Sunday ay there are 0 plans. I'm hoping it will be nice and we can get some pool time in! 

Enjoy your weekends ladies. Especially those with margaritas and trips and BDing involved  ;)
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    @AliciaGoose very cool! My very first real concert was Garth Brooks! We had floor seats and it was awesome :) Have fun!
  • Options
    Your weekends all sound so fun!

@AliciaGoose Friends in Low Places is my shower song!

I have no idea what's going on. I am fried from the last month of work so I just want to drink a beer and stare at the tv right now. I think we're going to have a date night tomorrow where maybe I'll even put on a dress and we'll drink too much and not think about anything serious. Because we could use that!

I think the weather is going to suck here, so we probably won't get to got to the beach or kayak, unfortunately.
  • Options
    @aliciagoose- I saw Garth last year and he was amazing. One of my best concerts ever, for sure.
  • Options
    I'm with @AliciaGoose with Netflix. Currently in bed watching Wentworth! I'm looking forward to doing NOTHING this weekend. I have to work a couple hours tomorrow morning, but nothing crazy. I'll head straight back to my couch, Netflix and crunchy Cheetos! 
  • Options
    @aliciagoose Garth Brooks is fabulous in concert! I loved it! Plays all his old stuff <3 Have an excellent time!!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    You guys all sound like you have wonderful plans! I want to have a more low key weekend since we'll be chaperoning a youth trip next week. DH's birthday was this past week so we're going to celebrate with family tomorrow and Sunday evening.
    As for a BD marathon, I'm hoping I'll O soon. I noticed my OPK was a little darker compared to yesterday, but it could just be my eyes playing tricks on me. Hopefully I'll see a positive OPK soon! Be safe on all your travels! 
  • Options
    I was already pumped but you all have me even more excited for the show tomorrow! I will never forget the first show I saw of his. It's honestly one of those highlight moments from my childhood. I am so ready for round two. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    Sounds like you ladies have some awesome plans. i love Netflix, drinks, gets always and.m concerts! I hope you all have a blast. 
    @snobunniemel good luck at your appointment. 

For me friday was the first night of my weekend vacation. So happy to have gotten to turn off my work phone and pager! Decided to start my vacation off right so I had dinner with two of my best friends. So we had a bottle of wine, to much delicious food, and the yummiest lemon cake! That and about four hours of talking. I think I go see the movie the secrete life of pets tonight. Other than that I plan to spend this week relaxing and watching Netflix 
  • Options
    This weekend, I have no plans and I am so happy about that. I feel like every weekend there's a grad party or baby shower or birthday and I am never home to just relax and/or take care of things around the house. It will be nice to just sleep in (like I did today) and take care of a few things and then do some more relaxing. 

@Hopefulmommy1980 The Secret Life of Pets looks awesome! I think my DH and I will go see it soon too. 

@cmmiller531 Crunchy Cheetos are my weakness LOL

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 4-25-2014
    TTC: March 2015
    BFP: 2-18-16
    Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
    D&C: 4-2-16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nmd9168 my friend and I both enjoyed the movie. It was really cute