Babies on the Brain

July Check In

1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set?

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting?

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time?

4. GTKY: Do you have any fun summer plans?

Re: July Check In

• CrystalPDXCrystalPDX member
    edited July 2016
    1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set? 1 month! 

We were waiting to get some of our debt paid down, and for DH to have a few months under his belt at a new job. He wouldn't qualify for the full paternity leave benefits unless he had been with the company for a year. We wanted to be sure he would qualify if we are fortunate enough to get pregnant right away.

I have a fun trip and a work trip this month that I was also waiting on.

I can't believe it's here! In hindsight it's gone by fast but was really difficult during the spring when I was less busy and had more time to dwell.

I have been taking prenatal vitamins for several months. I quit taking my BCP about two weeks ago after finishing my last pack. I have been sort of temping to get the hang of it, and using opks this week to see if I O my first month off the pill.

4. Fun girls trip to Vegas and TTC!
  • 1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set?

We are starting this month! I just felt like I wanted to do one last BOTB check in. 

Now that the month is here, I am kind of freaking out. I am sure it's just nerves and thinking about how much life can/will change. Very exciting though! 

I have been taking prenatal vitamins and trying to eat healthier. I've also been getting DH to take vitamins every day because he's not such a great eater. We also started funding a baby savings account since these babies cost so much. 

Just trying to do some fun things that I would be able to do pregnant. We've gone horseback riding, zip lining, and have gone to some summer concerts, where lots of wine has been consumed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
    If everything works out we should begin ttc in a few weeks :)  so excited!!!!  We have been putting it off for a year and I am thrilled.  I am actually supposed to begin CD1 on my birthday in a couple of weeks, so I'm telling myself that since it will be the first cycle of ttc, it's basically a birthday gift.  

We had a lot of life changes this last year, moving to a new state and new jobs.  We needed to emotionally adjust to the new environment. 
    prenatal vitamins, off of bc, and temping
    Nothing in particular, we are moving to a new neighborhood in a few weeks and we are really excited about it.  

@CrystalPDX @cookies754-hopefully I see you both on the trying to get pregnant boards soon 

• @cookies754 - Ziplining! I need to check that off my list too! 

@aboxofchocolates Yes, it will be fun to already have friends jumping into TTC boards! Looking forward to following each others journeys! 
  • I didn't see an intro post, so I will use this as my intro lol!

5/6 months... Januaryish

We talked last night and will be pulling the goalie at the beginning of the year. We are waiting until then because my husband just graduated Nurse Practitioner school and is getting settled into a new career. He will get a substantial raise in January and we want to make sure that it actually happens or he will want to find another job path. Also, we have a 3 (4 in August) and a 15 month old, we really like the age gap that we had between them and want to stay around the same age gap!  Also, the other stipulation that my husband put out there is that we have to have everything (except student loans because those will pretty much haunt us the rest of our lives) paid off. Dave Ramsey Goals! 

I have a Mirena IUD and in September will get it taken out so that I will have a couple of months to track my period and ovulation. I will start taking prenatal vitamins when I run out of my regular ones!

We are taking a family vacation in August to the beach, but nothing else interesting!
  • Welcome to the fun, @klmcguire!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bmo88bmo88 member
    Planning to start TTC in January 2017, so just under 6.5 months left

Finishing my grad degree mostly. Seeing friends and co-workers get pregnant. Facebook is quickly getting frustrating because I am happy for others, but getting impatiently with our (self-imposed) waiting. But, our time will come soon enough.

Paying off all non-mortgage debt, increasing savings. Planning to start getting back in shape.

We are finishing up a 2 week East Coast Trip (DC, NYC, Boston, Philly & Baltimore). It was great and exhausting. No more plans for the summer.
    Just one- feels really weird. I see there are lots of us moving to the TTGP next month!

Im so ready to be off birth control. I have literally 25 pills left and still think about just stopping early, but there are events coming up that I definitely want to avoid having my period on ;) gonna have to get used to not having control over that schedule because I'm not sure if I'll ever go back on HBC after this. 

Ive been taking prenatals for 2 months. I bought OPKs impulsively and have a BBT but not sure if I'll use them, at least at first. 

We went camping this past weekend. I've been really busy working and going to school and having an internship so that all consumes about 60 hours a week before I get into homework/studying. I knew I'd start to feel burnt out so we do have a vacation to Alaska planned in August, after my semester ends :) we will be flying away in less than 6 weeks! We will be gone CD 12-20 in month 1 of TTC, which is part of the reason I'm not sure I want to start temping right away (kinda just want to relax and not think about it). On the other hand, I know a lot of people are delayed in returning to normal cycles so I'd also like to know if I ovulated just to have a marker for when to take a pregnancy test/expect AF. Who knows- still have a few weeks to decide how I feel about it :)
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

Just one- feels really weird. I see there are lots of us moving to the TTGP next month!

Im so ready to be off birth control. I have literally 25 pills left and still think about just stopping early, but there are events coming up that I definitely want to avoid having my period on ;) gonna have to get used to not having control over that schedule because I'm not sure if I'll ever go back on HBC after this. 

Ive been taking prenatals for 2 months. I bought OPKs impulsively and have a BBT but not sure if I'll use them, at least at first. 

We went camping this past weekend. I've been really busy working and going to school and having an internship so that all consumes about 60 hours a week before I get into homework/studying. I knew I'd start to feel burnt out so we do have a vacation to Alaska planned in August, after my semester ends :) we will be flying away in less than 6 weeks! We will be gone CD 12-20 in month 1 of TTC, which is part of the reason I'm not sure I want to start temping right away (kinda just want to relax and not think about it). On the other hand, I know a lot of people are delayed in returning to normal cycles so I'd also like to know if I ovulated just to have a marker for when to take a pregnancy test/expect AF. Who knows- still have a few weeks to decide how I feel about it :)
    Tracking is so much fun... I know that is so weird to type lol. Definitely use the OPKs if you bought them! I am getting my IUD pulled out a couple months early just so that I can track and get everything back on track! Tracking ovulation and temps is one of my favorite parts about getting TTC!
  • Is anyone's husbands doing anything to get ready to ttc?  I was talking to mine today about how I'm am going to cut back on my caffeine in a couple weeks and he asked if he is supposed to be doing anything.  

SO wants to start in January. I told him we would reevaluate right before that point to see if we're ready. 

Finances and our house mostly for him. Same for me, but also not sure if I'm ready so soon after DS.

SO just got a new job, so saving money. Trying to make plans with him about renovating the attic for another bedroom.

I'm going to my SILs bachelorette party next weekend! First weekend out of town in a looooong time. 
  • Is anyone's husbands doing anything to get ready to ttc?  I was talking to mine today about how I'm am going to cut back on my caffeine in a couple weeks and he asked if he is supposed to be doing anything.  

My DH has started taking a multi vitamin about three months ago. He's been trying to eat healthier because he's not the best eater. In one of the 'getting ready to conceive' books I read (I don't remember which one) it said that sperm refreshes every 90 days. I'm not sure if there's anything else he should be doing. My doctor said now that we will be TTC soon, he shouldn't be wearing tight underwear or going into hot tubs. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

February so seven.

Several things actually. First is that I don't even know if I can physically get pregnant yet since I'm breastfeeding. 2. I have a three month old who is such a joy! 3. Finances. 4. I don't want to do early breastfeeding during the summer months again! So shooting for fall seems like the best option.
    I don't know how I feel about it. I hated being pregnant. I ended up with gestational diabetes. But ever since we got breastfeeding down, I literally can't wait till we have our next one! I've always hated watching kids and didn't even want any, but now I'll do anything for baby smiles and to help achieve mile stones!

Look for a part time stay at home job. Be the best mom I can be to Eliot. And strategize so I can make sure I learn from my mistakes with this guy.

4. GTKY: Do you have any fun summer plans? Nope, just hanging out with my little guy and try to be a good mommy!

Probably sometime early next year. So 6ish months away. 

We were actually planning on having started two months ago, but I panicked and totally flaked on the idea. I am the primary breadwinner so my husband will be the primary caregiver to our kids, which is great, but I still have to be the one who gets pregnant. Yay ovaries. I can't stop thinking about all of the things I might have to say no to professionally during the pregnancy/"fourth trimester" period and it's freaking me out. I'm trying to come to terms with how much I want to have kids and the fact that the timing will never be perfect. 

Taking prenatals, mostly. I'm not much of a drinker and I don't really like coffee. I am trying to work on fitting more fitness in to my schedule and trading out sugary crap for fruit, that sort of thing. 

Lots of travel! And hopefully some camping. We usually travel on really short notice so trying to soak in the last few months of spontaneity we will have for a little while. 
  • @aboxofchocolates My husband is hanging around other people's kids whenever he gets a chance since he grew up as an only child, and generally just trying to start to work his hobbies in to a schedule that won't conflict with baby care. 

He's also trying to learn to breastfeed so we can trade off, so far with no success. 
  • maddaddam said:
    @aboxofchocolates My husband is hanging around other people's kids whenever he gets a chance since he grew up as an only child, and generally just trying to start to work his hobbies in to a schedule that won't conflict with baby care. 

He's also trying to learn to breastfeed so we can trade off, so far with no success. 
    So I think I misunderstand you. Your husband is trying to learn to breastfeed so he can? I know some men can lactate, but I'm assuming you mean learn how to bottle feed the baby breast milk correctly? Like pace bottle feeding?

My husband wouldn't even touch a baby before a we had DS. It was really awkward to watch him hold and interact with him at first, and sometimes still is, but it will get better!!!
  • @korpatch LOL sorry I guess my joking tone didn't translate through text. 

One of our biggest struggles is dealing with my body having to do the work despite my husband being the (eventual) primary caregiver, so we joke that it would be really nice if he could grow a uterus or learn to breastfeed. But I'm not holding my breath for either.  :D
  • @maddaddam  I LOLed at your breastfeeding comment! If only it could really happen! Man, that would make having a baby 20 times easier! 
  • maddaddam said:
    @korpatch LOL sorry I guess my joking tone didn't translate through text. 

One of our biggest struggles is dealing with my body having to do the work despite my husband being the (eventual) primary caregiver, so we joke that it would be really nice if he could grow a uterus or learn to breastfeed. But I'm not holding my breath for either.  :D
    Whenever DS is up MOTN and my partner asks if there's anything he could do to help get him back to sleep my answer is"Could you learn to lactate real quick?"
  • Lol! I hate it when the baby starts crying and he says "I think he's hungry." It's like.... No... I didn't think of that... 
    But really! It's rare, but some men can lactate!
  • korpatch said:
    Lol! I hate it when the baby starts crying and he says "I think he's hungry." It's like.... No... I didn't think of that... 
    But really! It's rare, but some men can lactate!
    So I'm not being unreasonable! Even better  ;)

2 months and hopefully not 6 (if we get Zika)

Getting married in 8 days and going on a honeymoon to the Caribbean. We would have started TTC already if it wasn't for Zika.

charting CM (or lack of), temping, using OPKs, taking vitamins, working on getting my back in a better condition

4. GTKY: Do you have any fun summer plans? Getting married of course!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

• 1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set? December? January?

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting? Well, we had a twist of events. DH Got prescribed some medicine that recommends not ttc while on it. So, now we have to wait for him to get off of this medicine (not happening in the immediate future), and one sperm cycle after. (3-4 months) we hurrily jumped in and tried for 1 cycle, but, we weren't lucky enough to get our BFP on our first try, so now we our patiently waiting again. I may check on the "benched" posts over at the ttgp board too, just because it's weekly!

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time? Prenatals, continue to save money, since it's going to be 6 months or more, Im making the commitment to lose 20 pounds. (2 down!) 

4. GTKY: Do you have any fun summer plans? Not really... a few weekends planned here and there.

About one month!

I want to make sure the baby comes after I graduate from grad school. There's a possibility of waiting until September due to a job but either way it's getting really close!

I have been taking prenatal vitamins and I just finished my last pack of birth control pills so I decided to start temping. It's exciting but I've only got two days under my belt...

I think I've had all my fun summer plans. I got married on July 2nd and we went on our honeymoon to New York city. We are going to start shopping for a home soon too. Lots of things going on!
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Married: July 2016
    TTC #2: July 2019
    DD: 8/22/17

• 1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set?  About 7 months :(

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting?  I haaaate the waiting, I really do. But if mommy isn't healthy, baby may not be healthy sooo...

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time? We recently decided to splurge on a year of personal training and I want to prepare by losing weight, getting healthier, changing up the variety of food I take in, etc, etc.

4. GTKY: Do you have any fun summer plans? Yep! Going on a gal's cruise with my sister! She's also my best friend :)
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • tepr14tepr14 member
    1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set? About 10 months

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting? We just had a baby this past January, so I want to give my body time to heal...plus I want to enjoy having my body to myself again. We're also trying to get our financials in order, and looking for a new home.  But honestly hate waiting...but I know its for the best.

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time? Keeping myself active, eating healthy.  

4. GTKY: Do you have any fun summer plans? Nothing out of the ordinary, just enjoying taking care of LO and trying to get out in the nice weather! 
  • How many months? Depends on when I move, (we're long distance right now). My lease ends Christmas-ish so hopefully that's the longest we have to wait.

What's holding us back? Partly distance, we're not in the same city right now, but also I've got some debts I want to pay off. I'll be using the remaining part of the year to pay off much of my student loans and other debts.

3. I am going to start taking prenatal vitamins soon and I've already started switching out my daily soda for water, getting a little more excersize etc.

4. Working, I'll be pulling extra shifts to help me get my student loans down and going to my SO's city to job search. I may throw in a touristy stop while I'm down there, just so I can say I had a vacation this summer.