September 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday?

2»

Re: UO Thursday?

• Options
    mamadominomamadomino member
    edited July 2016
    @PoodleDoodleOoo what I'm referring to are the specific complaints about not being dilated or having gone into labor at 36-37 weeks.  People that are actually annoyed that they haven't given birth at that time.  It's not a legitimate complaint.  At 28 weeks and change with twins, I'm in pain allllll the time.  All of this sucks.  But I know that every day I can keep these kids in is two less in the nicu.  So when I see people genuinely pissed 3-4 weeks prior to their due date, it irks me.

edit to add: I don't mind the pregnancy sucks and I want to be done stuff, it's the whining about not having given birth several weeks early. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    @mamadomino - Those are next-level complaints I hadn't even considered a real possibility. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MojieJo that's exactly what I mean! I think you're explaining it better than I am. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    For buying off registries I just listening to this interesting bit from NPR's Hidden Brain.  Here is the summery "A new study looks at the psychology of giving wedding gifts. Researchers found when buying wedding gifts, people closest to the recipient often diverge from the registry to express their unique relationship to the recipient. But this leaves the recipient less happy than if they had received something from the registry."
  • Options
    jhems776 said:
    For buying off registries I just listening to this interesting bit from NPR's Hidden Brain.  Here is the summery "A new study looks at the psychology of giving wedding gifts. Researchers found when buying wedding gifts, people closest to the recipient often diverge from the registry to express their unique relationship to the recipient. But this leaves the recipient less happy than if they had received something from the registry."
    HAHA this was true for my wedding shower when I got like three cutting boards with our names and wedding date on them.   They were cute of course, but they are all sitting in a box somewhere because they are not practical and there were THREE of them - none of which could be returned.    On the other side, one of my best friends gave me an early shower present yesterday that was Bambi themed and totally no where near the registry but it reflected our relationship and the clothes she got were adorable!   I loved that diversion!  I think for the baby, I'll like all the cutesy diversions.   For the wedding, I was all about the practical stuff and felt all the foo-foo items, that although cute, like cutting boards with our wedding date and hangers that said 'Mrs. Smith,' were just cluttersome.
  • Options
    @laker2014 when is your wedding date? I am also a mrs smith and if our wedding anniversary is the same, I would be happy to take one of them off your hands ;)
  • Options
    @laker2014 when is your wedding date? I am also a mrs smith and if our wedding anniversary is the same, I would be happy to take one of them off your hands ;)
    Aww - I'd love to give one to you - but alas, my last name it's 'Mrs. Smith', was just using that as an Anonymous example. :)