Secondary IF

I'm back . . .

I was MIA for about a week. I was on vacation and then had a slew of doc appts in prep for my FET on Friday. My progesterone level came back today at 4.6 which the doctor was happy to see. I'm on methoprednisone (spelling?) until the night of the transfer, then I switch over to progesterone shots. We're going to transfer one embryo, and I'm hoping it sticks this time. I'm getting sick of the "merry-go-round".

I'll probably stay off the bump for the 2WW, and you'll know if it doesn't stick because like Arnold Schwarzenegger says, "I'll Be Back". But I'll be on until Friday, then the torture begins. :) 
Me: 37 DH:41
10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: I'm back . . .

• Friday as in last Friday or this? If last, how did it go? Are you going to cheat and pee early?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • pdbirdpdbird member
    @Flamingemu - Last Friday. But as you can see, I can't resist Dr. Google or staying off the Bump. I'm going bananas right now thinking about every symptom or feeling I have. I'm currently 5dp3dt, and ready for the 2WW to be over with. I was fine for the first 2 days as I was kept distracted. I peed early :( . Ugh, and I know better! But I couldn't resist. I have the cheapy pee sticks, so I'm using those every morning and holding off on the FRER until at least 9dp3dt if I can wait that long. Just tired of waiting, I'm so impatient.

Sorry, I'm rambling. How have you been? Any news on when you get to start your cycle? No more scarring, right?
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi @pdbird !!! Sending lots of sticky vibes your way. The HSG showed a bit of scar tissue at the top right corner near my tube opening, but the RE & the surgeon are going to chat this week and determine if it is okay to leave and pursue IVF. DH has his SA on Monday and assuming there are no abnormality we could start the retrieval as soon as the beginning of August with my next D1.  DH needs a few more days to stew before we get into this. I am all gung ho, but he seems on the fence. Though, I am like 90% it is because of what I have to go through rather than the having another kid thing, but I want him to tell me that. I am hoping we will be able to do a retrieval in Oct/Nov.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • pdbirdpdbird member
    @Flamingemu - Wow, that's fantastic news that you might be able to start an IVF round in Oct/Nov. At least he feels bad for what you have to go through. My DH didn't seem at all really concerned until I bit his head off during the hormonal rage of shot giving and made it clear every sacrifice that I am making. Hahahaha. I think I was just more mad at the cancer and holding the resentment towards him (not like he had a choice to get cancer). But still.... 

At least now, my DH has come around to stating that he feels bad that I have to go through this and that it is a much longer process than his 4 months of chemo. I think men just don't really understand or know the ramifications it has on us as women for our emotional state. Stay strong and meet him half way down that road of communication. Most times I turn the conversation around to make it look like he came up with the idea when I was planting it the whole time. I love reverse psychology.

My fingers are crossed for you that you get the go ahead and things will start getting a little brighter for the path to #2. Thanks for the sticky thoughts! :)

BabyFetus Ticker