February 2016 Moms
Options

Mirena side affect?

I delivered my son on February 1 and had a Mirena IUD placed 8 weeks postpartum. Everything went well, and I only had a little amount of cramping and bleeding a few days after. Now, I have noticed that if I do any "moderate" activities such as squats, Zumba, running, or even sex, I will have what feels like period cramps off and on all day and sometimes into the next day. Has anyone experienced this? I wanted to ask before I call my doctor's office. I have read good and bad things about Mirena and I'm starting to wonder if it was a good idea to get it or not. 

Re: Mirena side affect?

• Options
    Yes I had the mirena and had terrible cramping, painful sex, spotting often and general discomfort so I had it removed and got the Paraguard copper implant which is hormone free and had it for 4 years and it was wonderful. Had it taken out and a year later got pregnant and now I have a beautiful 5 month old baby boy. After I have another baby in a couple years I'm going to get the Paraguard in again. 
  • Options
    I had Mirena for about 2 1/2 years.  Took it out when we decided to try for #2.  I don't remember any problems with cramping outside of the first day or two after placement.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers