November 2015 Moms
Options

constant whining

PocoHRPocoHR member
edited July 2016 in November 2015 Moms
Anyone else have a baby that just seems to whine and whine lately? My little guy is generally very happy, but lately the second he doesn't have someone's full attention, or if he spots something he wants but can't get to (including knives, electrical sockets, the fan), or for no apparent reason at all, he starts this little whine that is quickly becoming my least favorite noise on earth. Its happening so often this week! I don't know if its the heat, or maybe teeth moving around (although I don't see any changes on his gums), but oh brother, he is a fuss-butt. Even if it is his teeth, I don't want to medicate him for whining, because he doesn't seem to be in terrible pain or anything, he's just irritated. I think its also because he desperately wants to walk. He pulls up and wants us to walk him around almost constantly. I do it a LOT but can't only do that all day. I got him a walker and this is apparently not good enough because he can't touch and open the cupboards or get into everything he wants in the walker.... tell me I'm not the only one hearing waaa waaa waaa all day!

Re: constant whining

• Options
    kdoak2015kdoak2015 member
    edited July 2016
    29&30weeks is a grey period as per the wonder weeks app. Also separation anxiety can happen around this time as they start to understand distance. My DD has been super whiny for 3 weeks and goes into meltdown mode if we take things away from her she wouldn't have. 
    My DD also wants to be standing or moving around all day.
  • Options
    PocoHRPocoHR member
    Glad I'm not the only one. He did start doing the separation anxiety thing a few weeks ago, and I think he is really changing and growing a lot lately. I also think his teeth are bothering him. He pooped 7 times yesterday which is NOT normal for him at all. It wasn't like diarrhea or anything, just very frequent. I read that drooling can act as a laxative and this can happen. Hopefully this will all improve soon, and the whining will calm down too :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh god, the whining is in overdrive here. Also he can't stand to see me and not have me near. If he's crawling around and I sit on the couch he whines until I sit on the floor with him. I hate to encourage it but you just can't listen to that allll daaayy.
  • Options
    My LO has started whining if she doesn't get her way. If she sees something and it isn't given to her immeadiately she whines until it is given to her. She also whines if she isn't the center of attention or I'm not on the floor playing with her, but she's always done that. Like @snowflake143 said, you don't want to encourage it, but ugghhh I just can't deal with it and I give in. I hate hearing her upset! I'm sure that I'm creating a monster. 
  • Options
    Omg it's whine city here too! Glad I'm not alone. I was thinking of calling his Dr cause I thought there has to be something wrong w him but no. He's just super whiny. I really hope this phase passes soon. It's so bad my patents couldn't wait for us to leave that other day we visited!