Pregnant after IF

**2nd Trimester - Week of July 4th** New leader needed next week

PiperellaPiperella member
edited July 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to Be:
@piperella EDD 10/2/16 with 1 boy!
@ecb3588 EDD 10/16/16 with 1 bean!
@kennelchick EDD 10/18/16 with 1 girl!
@Morningstar80 EDD 10/18/16 with 1 boy!
@laur2444 EDD 10/19/16 with 1 boy!
@Jerseygirl856 EDD 10/20/16 with 1 girl!
@wenikilina EDD 10/28/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@sassysd7 EDD 10/31/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@tvh1982 EDD 11/11/16 with 1 girl!
@ZoeFer EDD 11/14/16 with 1 girl!
@Rachd110 EDD 11/19/16 with 1 bean!
@mskeenan EDD 11/20/16 with 1 boy!
@vmjones05 EDD 11/26/16 
@PrayingMom2Be EDD 12/3/16
@ssandberg EDD 12/4/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@capps42613 EDD 12/5/16 with 1 boy!
@kuposa17 EDD 12/7/16
@erica0901 EDD 12/10/16 with 1 boy! 
@griffin5413 EDD 12/28/16 with 1 boy!
@Emma61210 EDD 1/1/17 (Our first 2017!!!)  with 1 girl!
@hskoien27 EDD ??/??/16

QOTW:  What food or drink do you associate with summertime?  If you have a recipe,  share it! 

Who wants to be the new leader of this thread next week?   I'm moving to 3rd trip next week! 

Re: **2nd Trimester - Week of July 4th** New leader needed next week

• Happy 4th July all you lovely ladies!

Here all is well, besides having a fish swimming in my belly I finally got a kicker too! She actually kicked the cat away who just had found her spot! It was adorable.
    Today the cat was prepared and ignored the little kicks.
    It is amazing!
    Heartburn is kicking my butt bigtime. Yay for a new symptom.
    And I had my two hour glucose test today, so crossing my fingers all is well.

QOTW: I love love watermelon juice. I always drink it on holiday as they don't sell it anywhere in Norway (I make it, but it's not the same)
    I eat lots of salads in summertime. Lost of fruit ones...just mix what I have with any flavour yoghurt.
    And I got introduced to a broccoli salad..which was great: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/broccoli-salad-recipe.html I just leave out the bacon.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Hey everyone! Happy 4th of July and happy Monday for those outside the US. I took my dad to a sox game today for his birthday and by the 5th inning I needed to leave. It was way too hot for me, our seats, though great, we're directly in the sun and I just couldn't handle it. I spent most of the time in the concourse away from the sun, but it was too much. I feel bad making my dad leave early. 

My little Snowflake has been kicking up a storm! However she likes to stop just as my husband tries to feel. Little stinker. 

@Piperella congrats on moving on to the third trimester! I'd take over, but I'm only a couple weeks behind you. This is week 25 (crazy how that happened!) 

QOTW: I associate summer with slices of watermelon and my dad's recipe for potato salad. I'd post it, but he still won't tell me what makes it taste so good. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone! Happy 4th of July! 
    I had a busy weekend with my family and spent today relaxing with my feet up. I get tired really fast lately but I wouldn't trade this feeling at all. I can feel her movements getting stronger and she seems to very active daily and I love it! 

QOTW: Food I associate with Summer is Watermelon. I have been eating it at least 3-4x a week! Recently I had my first taste of yellow watermelon..wasn't bad but I'll stick to red for now. 
  • Happy 4th from Connecticut!!! All is well here! And yes @kennelchick it's crazy I'll be 25 weeks as well....time is flying by!!! My shower is coming up the end of July, so I'm gearing up for that! Also, we're starting to get ready to work on the little man's room....we're doing a nautical theme for that and the shower!
    qotw: def watermelon for summer food as well! Also lobster! Can't wait to go down to the shore and get a lobster roll!!
  • Guess we can save say watermelon is a big hit :wink:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    Hello all, Happy to hear that everyone is doing well. Everything is quite on my side, at least physically I am all right. I think the hormones have started to make me too emotional all of a sudden. This week I am so confused with my emotions, happy but anxious then sad all of a sudden. I skyped with my grandmother and started to cry because i missed her. I can see that H is getting confused and not sure how to deal with my emotions :)
    I had a very relaxing and nice long weekend though. We did lots of walking in the parks, yoga , eating and relaxing. I also did my first maternity shopping this weekend, maternity pants are very comfortable :) 
    QOTW: I have to say watermelon as well :) Especially when i was a kid, we used to eat watermelon everyday after dinner, sometimes as dinner :) And ice cream of course.
  • Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA for the last 3 weeks. I was taking a 3 week microeconomics course for my MBA. It usually is 7 weeks, but this was an accelerated course with everything jammed packed into only 3 weeks. It just so happened that the last 3 weeks of work was also very busy, so work and school really kicked my butt. I am glad the class is over and I can finally rest. I'm going to try to read the second trimester threads from the last three weeks to catch up with everyone. 

I have my 20 week anatomy scan today. I'm so excited to see my baby again! It's been 6 weeks since my last ultrasound. I started feeling quickening around 17 weeks, which felt like bubbles popping in my belly so DH and I started calling our baby Bubbles. 

I also associate watermelon with summer. My DH loves watermelon so it's been a regular buy at the grocery story the last few weeks. 
  • ZoeFer  - I'm right there with you in the emotions department. I definitely have a much lower threshold with my patience!

QOTW: I'm right there with everyone else. I love cold watermelon on a hot day! 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my check up today at 17w3d, everything looked good as far as BP and baby's heartbeat is concerned. I am concerned about my weight gain, I gained 6 lbs this past month and 5 lbs the previous month. The doctors aren't too concerned since I'm having a C-Section, but I just don't understand the weight gain. I am still exercising, but I guess my diet could be better? I know I can't stress about it, but it's still concerning to me. What do you ladies think?

Over the holiday we announced to close family and friends that we are having a boy. We also announced the name, Spencer Elliott :)

QOTW: I am originally from outside of Baltimore so I LOVE crabs and corn on the cob. That screams summer to me!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @erica0901 happy to hear that your appointment went well . I am definitely not an expert in weight gain but I have read that you should gain around 1 lb per week during 2nd trimester , so 5-6 lbs per month does not seem too much to me? As long as I eat healthy and good , I try not to worry about my weight too much. 
  • Hi all!  I'm of course excited to be in my last week of the 2nd trimester.  I've had a fairly uneventful 2nd tri, and haven't minded being pregnant all that much.  Earlier on in the 2nd trimester, I had issues with my blood pressure dipping too low, but was able to balance it out with small meals every two hours.  @erica0901, as @zoefer mentioned, women gain about .5-1lb per week on average.  Some weeks I went without gaining other times I gained two!  I think most months I gained about 2-4 lbs but that is also because I'm overweight to begin with. My Ob has been fine with my weight gain so far.  

Right now my butt hurts sitting in my office chair.  I'm about to buy one of those gel pads/cushions. I just cannot get comfortable in it.  I think that is my biggest complaint (other than always being tired).

QOTW:  I love all the watermelon responses!  I've been enjoying my fair share of watermelon as well. I remember always making "sunshine" tea on our back stairs when I was little in the summer, but now that I'm super lazy, I'm enjoying my fair share of unsweet tea from Chick-fil-a.  haha.  It's been my go-to.  I only drink tea, skim milk, and water.. OH.. and the occasional apple juice.. that is summer to me as well. 
  • @ZoeFer and @Piperella Thanks for the reassurance ladies!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• 18 weeks OB appt today went well. No issues/concerns with my BP or baby's HR (150bpm). Next week we will have the official anatomy scan. DH and I finished our baby registry the other day. We settled on a "Finding Nemo" nursery theme. Super excited to finally be feeling some movement in there! :smile: Hope everyone is feeling well!

QOTW: watermelon & crabs definitely!!
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @erica0901I too love crabs! Just had some blues over the holiday weekend! Also, I agree with piperella and zoefer..5-6lbs over a month doesn't sound too bad. If your doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't stress over it too much. 
  • With all of this talk about watermelon yesterday, I had a dream about watermelon last night. LOL
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Speaking of crabs... I found the perfect crab dip at the Hippodrome Cafe in Baltimore, Maryland.  I am seriously salivating just thinking of how yummy it was.  I called there and spoke to the chef who gave me the "loose" recipe, but it had no measurements.  I'm a horrible cook, so I never could get it right.  

I also learned on FB how to pick out the perfect watermelon.  You go for one with a white spot (from sitting on the ground in one spot.. you know it's been there long enough) and with the brown scarring (that comes from pollination, which means it is sweet).  I haven't tried it out yet, but it gives me hope of not getting a dud watermelon.
  • All of this talk about food is making me even more hungry ! Anyone else just starving ? I'm waking up in the middle of the night starving . Lol 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Hi ladies, I had my monthly OB appt today and all is well. My BP and my little ones HR is great. I have to go back in a few weeks for my glucose tolerance test and I'm already dreading the hour long wait. Any nutritional tips are welcome because I really want to avoid the 3 hour one. After all this talk of watermelon, as soon as I left my appt I went bought one. I wish I would I read @Piperella tips before hand. Hopefully I got a good one.
  • riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited July 2016
    **lurking**

@Jerseygirl856 My OB recommended fasting before my 1 hour glucose test even though it's not required. She said she sees a much higher false positive rate with women who ate before their tests. If yours is early enough, you may want to consider fasting. For what it's worth, I found the GD test to be very "hyped up" and not bad at all. Best of luck to you!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Hi @jerseygirl856, I had my glucose test on monday morning.
    We are not allowed to eat 8-12 hours before the test, only drink 1/2 glass water if you really have to.

I took blood at 08:45 in the morning, then drank the sugary water...which tasted like I drank cake frosting. It didn't taste good, but it wasn't horrible. And then I had to sit an wait for 2 hours. I brought my crocheting and crochet away. I had slightly diffuculties with staying focus, and as I still do the morning sickness my body wasn't too fond of the sugary water. Two hours later I did a new blood test and went home. Had some snack with me on my way home. Got sick once I was home (again, it is probably related to my morning sickness that I still have) and wasn't much worth after so went and found a blanket and stayed on the sofa. Once I managed to eat a little again, all was forgotten. So I didn't think it was too bad, and probably wouldn't have been scik if I was a little bit better with handling food.

• @zoefer: completely understand about the hormones..I think I scared the sh*t out of my neighbour kids as they keep using my apartment as a goal for football, and kicking the ball against my windows..this mamma had enough..and I tell you she had enough! :open_mouth:

@Piperella: what is sunshine tea? And thx for the watermelon tip, I'll try it later today!

@erica0901: I can't relate to the weitght gain, but believe if the doctor isn't worried, neither should you. I lost 20LBS and only gained back 2 so far. I was worried I was/am gaining to little, but my doctor isn't worried, so I try not to either!

@griffin5413...a watermelon dream? Was it a big scary watermelon chaise or a 'eat all you can'watermelon dream?

• @tvh1982 - Sunshine tea is what I call it when you put water and tea bags in a pitcher and then would leave it out on my back steps in the sun for a few hours.  I think it made the tea taste better than when we would just make it in the kitchen.
  • @tvh1982 - It was more of an all you can eat watermelon dream. I already had strange dreams before I got pregnant so it's not surprising that I get them more often now :smile:
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies for the tips! i was told I could eat my regular breakfast but I think I will skip it and maybe go with hard-boiled egg just to have something on my stomach. 
  • Finally made it to 2nd Tri (just checking in a little late! lol!!!)

EDD 1/1/17 and ITS A GIRL!!! We just found out =)

Our next appt is next Thursday. 

QOTD: Summertime always makes me think of watermelon and homemade ice cream... and lots of grilling out! (Also summertime drinks by the pool but that isn't happening this summer!)
  • @mskeenan surprisingly, I'm not that hungee. In the first trimester I was starving every 2 hours, now I can go 4-5 hours without eating. 

@Griffin5413 I've also been having weird dreams. A week ago I had a dream that I didn't know who my baby's dad was. It was between two men that I have never seen in my life. 

I'm 20 weeks and have only gained 6-7 lbs. should I be gaining more? I'll ask my midwife during my appointment next week. My 20 weeks scan went well. Baby cooperated and doc didn't see anything unusual. 

I've been doing a lot of research on natural childbirth vs epidural. I'm 50/50 and don't know how to make the decision. Natural childbirth is so very painful, but very rewarding and recovery is faster. I'm worried about interventions because one intervention always seems to lead to another. I've already put my body through so much I feel like I can handle natural childbirth. Do any of you know your plans yet? 
  • I will have a natural child birth @rachd110
    as it is common in the Netherlands to have home delivery. So not much choice there. 
    I don't like to talk about it too much here in Norway as people freak out when I mention it...guess what one doesn't know is scary. Yet back home people are suprised if I would mention giving birth in a hospital. 

• @rachd110 See if your hospital of choice has the option of using nitrous oxide.  There was a thread somewhere in the PAIF forum (this group) about it.  It's about 50% of the dosage of nitrous oxide (laughing gas) they use in dentistry.  There are no long-lasting effects with it like an epidural, and definitely not as invasive.  We are definitely going to go the nitrous oxide route to hopefully avoid or prolong the "naturalness" I suppose.  If an epidural is needed, so be it, but I'd like to be as noninvasive as possible.  Supposedly you feel the pain, you just don't care about it..haha!