March 2017 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating (Week of 07/03)

2»

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating (Week of 07/03)

• Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited July 2016
    I wake up in the morning thinking about chocolate - for instance, yesterday morning I sat straight up and declared I wanted a chocolate milkshake. Ended up eating a hot fudge sundae for breakfast. This morning I had a handful of mini chocolate chip cookies with my Eggo waffles. (Probably should buy the chocolate chip ones) I've always enjoyed chocolate, but I've been noticing a distinct craving for it that I haven't felt since the onset of puberty. Not complaining though.  B)

ETA: Best part is, unlike middle school, I don't have my parents locking down access to the treats!! Mwahahaha.....
  • Options
    So I've been working on diet for a long time prior to this pregnancy but alas, cinnamon buns are always calling my name. My hubby made me ginger snaps the other day too! 

I throw in some garden fresh kale smoothies too to balance it out ;) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nothing has been grossing me out per se but my appetite is just so low! And when I do start eating I get full so fast! And I promise this is not a humble brag, it is sooo unlike me. DH has been finishing all of my meals this past week! I'm grateful right now, but 4 weeks is officially tomorrow and I have a feeling things are going to start to change...

I had an egg sandwich for lunch today and the yolk was runny... I think this might be a no no but i loooove me some runny eggs!
  • Options
    @schumerator runny eggs are my fave!!! I haven't had them since my bfp though. My friends and I always agree that if the egg isn't runny we just don't bother, lol. 

I havent really had much cravings or aversions. Sometimes no food sounds good, but that's about it. It's pretty lame. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SandwichLover haha exactly! If they ain't runny I don't want em!!
  • Options
    Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited July 2016
    Clutch your pearls, ladies; I had a cold roast beef sandwich for breakfast and not one but TWO BLTs for lunch. Yum.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    khbearkhbear member
    @SandwichLover My favorite way to have eggs is soft boiled, and for all of week 4 going into week 5 I had soft boiled farm fresh eggs for breakfast until I learned I wasn't supposed to do that, and now I'm sad because hard boiled just ain't my thang!

So yesterday I was at dinner and all of a sudden it hit me like a ton of bricks. I so desperately needed coleslaw I felt like I was THIRSTY for it. It was absolute nonsense. I managed to satisfy the craving with iceberg lettuce covered in a tangy ginger dressing. Mmmmmm. :9 This is my first pregnancy, and tbh, I thought cravings weren't that severe. I have been corrected. I'm not even that into coleslaw on an ordinary day!
  • Options
    Woah, you aren't supposed to eat bacon?! I thought bacon was an "in moderation" kind of food. I had a massive BLT yesterday for lunch and it was comprised of roughly 70% bacon, so I still didn't necessarily follow the moderation route, but inquiring minds want to know now. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    You can take my sushi but you can't take my BACON!
  • Options
    Italian ice, pretzels, and ginger candy. The only three things that matter to me right now.