Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check In 7/1

Happy July geriatric mama's! 
This is a weekly check in for anyone pregnant over 35. If you are new to the board please feel free to jump right in!

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling?

How ready are you feeling for baby's arrival?

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Who is someone that has inspired you and maybe even changed the course of your life path for the better? What is it about them that inspires you? 

Re: Weekly Check In 7/1

• How far along are you? 31w4d!

How are you feeling?  I'm feeling pretty decent.  Sleep is an issue - up to heave my huge body to a different position and to use the bathroom every 2-3 hours.  UGH! 

How ready are you feeling for baby's arrival?  We had a baby shower and then hit up Buy Buy Baby last weekend.  I got my daughter's new car seat installed and just have to put the baby bases in and make sure it all works (going to do three across in my car).  We bought a basinette to go beside our bed and it's actually high enough I won't have to get out of bed post-c-section.  We're going to put both babies in it initially and if we like it, we'll get another one.  I think we're ready enough for the babies.  :)  

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)  Next Tuesday starts my twice weekly testing.  I have a BPP, NST, growth scan, and OB appointment.  I'm excited to see how the babies are growing since my abdomen has grown exponentially in the last few weeks.  

Rants/Raves/Questions:  I'm not sure what this is (rant or rave), but my baby is turning 3 tomorrow.  I just can't believe it.  

GTKY: Who is someone that has inspired you and maybe even changed the course of your life path for the better? What is it about them that inspires you?  I may need to come back to this.  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @emsmama15--that's all so exciting! Glad you found a bassinet that will work for you! I'm hoping DH will build me the co-sleeper I want in the next couple of weeks. I ordered the mattress for it so that can serve as a prompt. And happy birthday to your girlie! ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm new here. My husband and I are both 43, we are pregnant!  I have 2 children 9&6.  I'm over the moon happy, but terrified all at the same time.   I had a blighted ovum last summer and a chemical pregnancy in January. My EDD 2/28. I'm headed in to my obgyn's for an early us next week. Seems like 7/7 can't come fast enough. FX all goes well.
  • Hello, everyone! I am also new here. 

My my husband and I are both 39 and have a 3 year old son. I am 5 weeks along and am trying to stay positive. We've experienced two miscarriages since the birth of our son.

i will have an ultrasound next Tuesday. Ironically, this was scheduled before I knew I was pregnant. I had my annual exam last week on Wednesday. My doctor ordered the u/s so that she could rule out any obvious reasons for my miscarriages and inability to become pregnant. The pregnancy test they gave me during this office visit was negative; I tested positive two days later.

i was told to keep the appointment when I called on Monday, so yay for getting to see our little ball of cells soon!

my EDD is February 28th.

• Welcome Skypunch and Nizzle. Best wishes to you both.  I'm 41 and about 7 weeks and also nervous for my first ultrasound.  Positive thoughts to all.  
  • LynnNJLynnNJ member

How far along are you? 10 weeks

How are you feeling? I'm feeling basically ok, but I have been having issues with bleeding just in this last week.  The dr is not too concerned,  but I worries me a little.  Any annoying pregnancy symptoms are actually a positive thing for me. 

How ready are you feeling for baby's arrival?

Not at all, but I'm using this time to learn about everything.  

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) I have a bloodtest  (harmony ) this week and the anatomy scan in 2 more weeks. I saw the baby moving last week which was amazing.  It was nice to share that moment with dh.

Rants/Raves/Questions: None yet

GTKY: Who is someone that has inspired you and maybe even changed the course of your life path for the better? What is it about them that inspires you? Not sure. I have to think about this one. 

It's great to see so many women close to my age (42) and also seeing others in their early pregnancy. 
  • Get closer having baby girl come out me 42 weeks now I am so happy Brian Stewart and Esmeralda Alexander