How was your first time leaving baby with someone for hours? — The Bump
December 2015 Moms

How was your first time leaving baby with someone for hours?

im looking for some comfort and any other suggestions....

im exclusively breastfeeding and needing a job asap... Once baby was born I gave him a bottled formula a night - before bed. But he was always screaming and crying - even with breastmilk in it. He didn't want it all. I've only tried one other type of bottle. Doesn't seem to be working. So I just stuck with nursing him.... Today I left him with SO for two hours. He said he was fine but kept whining and looking for comfort...

please share any advice or experience you dealt with that may help me with mine. Xo 

Re: How was your first time leaving baby with someone for hours?

• EBF babies usually accept bottles from other people and not their mother. That's normal. What types of bottles have you tried? There is a large variety, people have lots of luck with Playtex NaturaLatch nipples and they're fairly inexpensive. A single bottle is $6 and a pack of 3 is I believe $15. 
    If you need to use formula and he won't take it, can you pump and do half and half for a bit to get him used to the taste? 
  • My DH gave LO the bottle a couple of days and I was hiding meanwhile. Now he accepts it also from me. We needed a lot of tries!