July 2016 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change

rnyland1rnyland1 member
edited June 2016 in July 2016 Moms

How many weeks are you? Size comparison?

37 weeks today. Size of romaine lettuce

Doing anything baby related this week?

Had my weekly appointment today and I'm at 2.5 cm. So at least all the pain/contractions I've been feeling is doing something. This weekend we'll put the finishing touches on the nursery and make sure all of our shit is together for LO's impending arrival. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Heartburn, insomnia, insatiable hunger, irritability/anxiety, overall soreness....the works!

GTKY: Have any plans for the holiday weekend?

My stepkids have been with us since the beginning of June (they always stay with us for a full month during summertime). They will be leaving Sunday morning to go back to their mother's house. I can't help but reflect on it....what a busy four weeks it has been!! Definitely been some highs and lows over these past four weeks, but I always feel accomplished at the end of it. And proud that each time my stepkids stay with us for an extended period, they seem to blend even better and we act like a stronger family unit! I know next time they will be here, we will have an additional family member, which may cause some adjustment issues. But, the kids seem genuinely excited about their new little brother. I haven't  yet decided on what our last whole family experience will be on Saturday. I'm pretty exhausted these days so a zoo, museum, or amusement park trip is probably out of the question. I was thinking of taking all the kids to a jumping/trampoline park and then to the community pool in the afternoon, followed by ordering pizza and watching a movie. The rest of Sunday and Monday we'll probably catch up on sleep, do the finishing touches on the nursery and make sure everything is ready to go for LO's arrival.  Oh yeah, and probably grill out on Monday and shoot off whatever fireworks are left from New Year's.

Re: Thursday Ticker Change

• How many weeks are you? Size comparison?

36 weeks - Papaya!

OB appointment tomorrow with GBS check and probably first cervical check.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Waiting patiently for LO to flip head down!  Having him breech/transverse is actually super comfy but looking forward to his cooperation in the near future  ;)

Usually we like to hit the beach 4th of July weekend, which is 2 hours away.  But I think we're going to be too busy scrambling to get the rest of the baby stuff ready.  If we can finish all the dangling to-do's, I think it will be a huge weight off of our shoulders.  But hopefully we can still have a little bit of leisure time since our time of being just the two of us is quickly coming to an end!

36 weeks.  Size of a papaya. 

OB appointment yesterday.  Found out we are 2 CM and 50% effaced.  My dr said that I was ahead of the game and we may have a baby a little earlier.  

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Same old same old.  Heartburn, trouble sleeping, always hot.  I'm so over being pregnant that I almost want to cry sometimes.  My doctor's office considers Full Term 37 Weeks, so I keep telling myself just 1 more week until I'm there! 

Not really.  My husband's in the bread business, so the fourth of July is one of their bigger holidays.  We'll do our little celebration Saturday in between him having to run back and forth to make sure his customers are stocked.  My friend invited me and the kids to her house to swim Monday so I may take her up on that. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...

37 weeks - Tackle box

Got all the baby clothes and related items out and am washing them.  The house is clean, just have to set up the pack'n'play and get diapers, bottles, etc.  

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

The pressure! It is so annoying to constantly feel like I have to pee. Next appointment is tomorrow so I'm anxious to see what's going on! 

Nope, considering starting to more intensely potty train DD... she's ready, just stubborn. I don't want to force it, but I think if I give her more opportunities, she'll pick up on it and want to do it.