TTC After a Loss
Options

You know you spend too much time on the bump when....

So the other day at work I was talking with someone and I was like, "I bet this is what @somerandombumpuser looks like.". Thankfully this was all in my head, but I was slightly disturbed at my level of bump investment. 

Has anyone else ever thought this? Am I completely losing my mind in the world of IF and TTCAL?!? 

What are your "You know you spend too much time on the bump when..." thoughts?

Re: You know you spend too much time on the bump when....

• Loading the player...
  • Options

When something good/bad ttc happens...BDing all weekend? You ladies and my H know lol

• Options
    When you know to check the Board right away on certain mornings (e.g. Weekly check-in days) because those are the days with the rockin' convos!
  • Options
    @dubcompanion I too often wonder what it would be like to meet all you lovely ladies! Also a though comes into my mind every so often, especially when I see someone else from NY, if we ever crossed paths, because you know if someone is from your state they must live right next to you! When I first joined TB I was too nervous to put an identifying information because I was afraid I would be outed by someone nearby and then everyone would know we were TTC, but now I don't care!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @lilylover27 I felt the same way! I thought for sure someone I know would go through pages and pages of my posts and figure out that it must be me! Ha. Who would ever have the time or desire to do that?
  • Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe yes exactly! i'm always bummed when i check in and don't see any updates. must find more hobbies.

you know you spend too much time on TB when your work to do list keeps growing and growing...uh yeah i should probably check some things off my list before checking back in later. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @dubcompanion I have thoughts like that but usually not in the shower haha! I think it would be funny to meet IRL because unlike @chloe97 or @reneeannemm we don't really know first names here. So, I would totally call you "dubcompanion" to your face. 
  • Options
    When you find yourself thinking or texting (eeek) in Bump acronyms, lol What up DH? My CM looks good - ready to hio. Seriously though I do tell my hubby all the bump acronyms and . he gets a big kick out of it. Sometimes  I picture a group of women sitting around at a fancy tea or nice wine bar talking about the things we talk about and it makes me laugh.
  • Options
    Ha! Fooled you @Wishilivedinflorida, my name is actually NOT Chloe IRL. I would imagine that if you met me, you guys would never be able to call me anything else. Ha! 

@SnobunnieMel I was talking to my RE the other day about OPKS, my LP, and RPL. Luckily she speaks the language so she gets it. Most normal people do not!
  • Options
    @TScalei it's so funny you said that. My husband left me a note that said "please pick up probiotics and multivitamins for DH"...I was cracking up. But now it seems we're not the only ones that use TB abbrevs IRL 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida My first name is definitely Renee. I have a major aversion to be called by nicknames/anything other than my name, so usernames are not fun for me. 

One time at dinner, my friend and I explained all the TTC abbreviations to DH and his best friend. It was a hilarious conversation. It all seems so normal to me now and I realize it absolutely is not!
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    Chloe was an incredibly sweet chocolate Labrador that could cheer up the saddest soul. She passed right before I started TTC which is why I use her name! 

I'm also in BabyCenter because they have some very specific boards (Triploidy Loss, RPL, NIPT testing etc) that helped a lot when I was going through my last dramatic loss. They don't allow tagging, which is weird. Some of those threads are 4 years old with 4000+ posts, it's so confusing to wade through. You can reply directly to one post in a thread, but not multiple people which clogs up the thread if you have multiple comments to make. I end up putting @ in front of people's user names, I'm sure they think I'm crazy.
  • Options
    I think I often check here before I check Facebook in the morning and after I get off work
  • Options

The fact I am at work and typing this message.

It comes up as one of my suggested sites on my homepage...

• Options
    When you refer to your DH as DH IRL instead of his actual name and people have no flipping clue what you're talking about. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    @rainbowturtles I had a meltdown about the same thing today