July 2015 Moms

Hates Shoes

We are currently trying to get LO to start wearing shoes. She is really good at walking and only crawls to stand back up. lol. She is like me and doesn't like socks or shoes. When she is in the car, she ALWAYS takes off her socks. I am really wanting her to be on the ground walking at her party on the 10th. We just bought her soft bottom shoes today and she hates them. She'll try pulling them off and cries. Using the old bribing with food method, we were able to get her to walk some. Anyone else struggling to keep their babies in shoes?
andrawrmeda2

Re: Hates Shoes

• n3na94n3na94 member
    My son also takes them off! I read a couple articles saying it's healthy for babies to be barefoot. My son isn't walking yet, but I guess as they grow they might start liking them. Do sandals work better? 
    AKOL0
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    @n3na94  We haven't tried sandles yet. I didn't want to do a hard bottom shoe until she is a lot better at walking. She is close but it'll probably be another month she is ready for hard bottoms. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the pediped sandals that I got for cheap at a rummage sale. He hated wearing shoes, like refused to stand up with them on, till I got these ones. Now all I have to do is show him the shoes and he gets excited and sits down really fast so I can put them on. It's super cute. Maybe just try a different kind of shoe. 
    n3na94AKOL0
  • My daughter hates things on her feet. Socks, shoes, sandals, whatever. We have tried introducing her to different textures on her feet throughout the day. She has this thing with textures and sensation, so far so good :) good luck mama!
    AKOL0
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    My son loves to chew on his shoes lol every time I put them on to go out, we get to the place and he has one shoe on and the other he is chewing lol he takes them off while I drive. I guess it keeps him entertained while he is in his car seat! :smile:
    AKOL0
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    AKOL0 said:
    @n3na94  We haven't tried sandles yet. I didn't want to do a hard bottom shoe until she is a lot better at walking. She is close but it'll probably be another month she is ready for hard bottoms. 
    There is soft bottom sandals at Carter's, perhaps you could try that. I like soft bottom just because they aren't as heavy to their little feet.
    AKOL0
  • Over the weekend I found some soft bottom with grips at Babies r us, LO normally isnt a fan of shoes but he kept these on all weekend no problems
    n3na94AKOL0
  • My LO hates shoes, and socks. During the winter she almost always ended up ripping them off. I don't even bother now. Her feet are also really small. She's in between an infant 2 and 3 so it's hard to find appropriate shoes. I found some Jamie and Jack shoes at Nordstrom Rack for 14.00. She did leave those on lol
  • Update:

We ended up getting her some really cheap shoes from Walmart. They were on sale for only $3. From day one, she never fought them. They are hard bottoms too. We have only had one instance of her taking them off in the car, but never purposefully outside. 
  • I've been having the same issue, he has no problem playing with them, throwing then but as soon as I put them on he either cries or tries to kick them off. Same as socks, which he used to never care about. I have fuzzy socks for him that we try to put on once a week but he is the same way. I have an amazing amount of shoes for him from my family, my fiances sisters amd parents and he seems to not like any of them. I don't mind it on the grass but the cement I worry about lol