Multiples
Options

Did anyone use mini cribs?

I didn't see an intro thread, so I hope it's okay if I just jump right in with a question. I am 9.5 weeks pregnant with twins and I've been lurking this board since we found out, just soaking in all of the advice.

Our nursery is VERY small. I need to take the exact measurements, but it's something like 8'x8'. Tiny. I really want to get a glider, but two cribs, a dresser, and a glider will never fit. I'm thinking we can put the dresser in the closet for the first year or so, until I no longer need the glider. But even fitting two cribs and a glider may be tight. I have been doing some research on mini cribs, and the reviews seem to be mixed. Did anyone use mini cribs as your main cribs? I'm wondering if we can get away with them until the twins are ready for toddler beds. Or, does anyone have any other suggestions? 

DS: June 2008
Married: July 2015
BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17

Re: Did anyone use mini cribs?

• Options
    We have the whitney bros mini cribs (wayfair) in our master bedroom. We used it for my daughter (now 2.5) off and on for 2 years - when she was sick, when we had construction in our house for 6+ months, etc. we absolutely love it and bought a second one before the twins got here. Made in the us too which was important to us. you can definitely use it for a couple years and then switch to a toddler bed. 
  • Options
    We bought a mini crib from Target (already had one full size crib). Our twins are only 2 mo old and haven't slept in their cribs at night yet. It seems like it will work just fine! It's super cute. (fyi for your future planning - toddler beds take up the same floor space as full size cribs).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DrD30DrD30 member
    We are still using mini cribs full time for our twins and they are gigantic (as in 98th percentile) 14 month olds.  We love them.  There is still lots of room and the cribs go from guest room to our room when we have company.  We have some Ikea Pax cabinets so didn't use our closet so it was the "micro nursery" :)