May 2016 Moms
Options

Teething and/or super clingy baby

So my baby will be 11 weeks on Friday.  Before someone asks this is not GErd or gas issues since we are already treating those issues.

I read online that babies can start the teething process this early as far as symptoms but doesn't necessarily mean a tooth will appear anytime soon. She is drooling and it's irritating her skin, she is eating small amounts at a time, she is fussy, and she will chew on he hands and her bib, etc.  We also noticed a small white nub under her gums but it was in the canine area which is strange.  I plan on asking her doctor but in the meantime has anyone else has those experiences that ended with a tooth popping out earlier than normal.

Also she is super clingy to me. Shed rather be with me than anyone else here lately which is weird. I think it bothers DH bc she screams more with him than me.

First Pregnancy
  • BFP: 01/25/2015
  • EDD: 09/28/2015
  • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
  • EDD: 05/25/2016
Baby Born
04/15/2016

PGAL

Re: Teething and/or super clingy baby

• Options
    Teeth can start that soon. Try letting her chew a wrung, cool washcloth before eating. Their saliva becomes more acidic during teething to help teeth erupt, so that's likely why it's irritating her skin. At 11 weeks, you're approaching another wonder week leap too which may be bringing about even more clinging. It can be tough, but hang in there! If she's open to it, you could try introducing a teether to help. This was DS1's favorite teether, hands down: https://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23913386&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwMi7BRDGptbvwOCDj8oBEiQAIALyDCpScbpmnToLDJFEY1mlxlaeG19Ul-jFE665ToJMQRMaAsFi8P8HAQ
  • Options
    nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
    edited June 2016
    How does that wonder week stuff work if it is a preemie?  When looking at the weeks on the chart do I go by her age based on her actual date of birth or do I go by her adjusted age - what her age would have been if she was born on her due date?  Our pedi is going by her actual age for weight and height and her adjusted age for her developmental milestones.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nerdymama good point! I think those do stick closer to due date, so that may not be contributing yet (unless adjusted she's around 8 weeks, that's one too). 
  • Options
    Yeah, Wonder Weeks I believe are based on gestational age. My son got his first tooth at 4 months, so he could have feasibly been teething at 11 weeks. He was never fussy with teething though, so I have no clue if that is typical teething behavior, although that's what it sounds like to me!
  • Options
    Yes, wonder weeks are based on gestational age. When I just downloaded the app it asked me for DS's due date not birthdate.