High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Amniotic Fluid Infection?

I'm new to the high risk group, as I was recently diagnosed with a nasty liver problem that, apparently, there's no treatment route at this time and the doctors are just letting my body fight it off (doing well, after a 3 week recovery time). At the last u/s (28w) the doctor said that my amniotic fluid was "cloudy," which means infection is likely. Of course they never called back with the test results for what type of infection it may possibly be, and I go back for another u/s in a few days, but I can't stop worrying. Has anyone else experienced this "cloudy" fluid or sludge or infection?

The baby also has "fluid in her heart" (which there's always SOME fluid in there?) and a "small belly" (though, the u/s before this one, baby was measuring small in general. I figured she'd be small). The doctor went over a ton of "what ifs" and worst case scenarios, but at this point, baby is doing OK. She's VERY active in there! So that brings me some relief. 

Re: Amniotic Fluid Infection?

• Options
    I had a uterine infection at 25 weeks and they delivered immediately..... They said she was safer on the outside than the inside. They also told me that if she contracted the infection she would most likely not make it. She was 1 pound 13 ounces when born and spent 2 months in the NICU. She did not contract the infection. I would definitely demand to get the test results back in case there is an infection and they need to deliver ASAP. Keep us posted!