September 2016 Moms

Nesting

13»

Re: Nesting

• Team Shark and the nesting hit me this morning. It's just after 10am and I have vacuumed and mopped floors, washed and folded clothes, now washing pregnancy pillow and all bedding. What's next??
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• So much cleaning recently. I haven't been doing a lot because of medical issues in the past couple of years but I'm sure making up for it now. I feel like everything needs to be perfect all the time. I'm like a perfect little housewife. It needs to stop lol.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Played around with car seat instillation today and realized that we can get three car seats securely in the middle row of my sub! No need for a mini van. Woot woot!
  • Also team shark. I spent the last two days deep cleaning the entire first floor and organizing more of baby's things. My mom ordered a crib and bought us a pack and play, and I ordered a glider and ottoman (wayfair so all will be here this week!). I also had severe anxiety come over me about DH's gun collection, so i ordered two biometric safes that will only work with our fingerprints and baby will never, ever be able to open. Now I can relax again.
  • So much cleaning recently. I haven't been doing a lot because of medical issues in the past couple of years but I'm sure making up for it now. I feel like everything needs to be perfect all the time. I'm like a perfect little housewife. It needs to stop lol.
    I feel the same way lol.  DH doesn't enjoy the first trimester of my pregnancies because he picks up a lot of my slack with the kids (and I don't blame him).  But he loves the nesting phase.  I have to make sure everything is clean and picked up before bed.  I love having a clean house all the time but I'm sure it won't last once this baby gets here!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Prof=MomProf=Mom member
    edited July 2016
    We got our fridgedaire! Nesting went into appliance mode as I expected. Now the BF will be easier not fearing the fridge would break down. Plus it brought along a microwave as a friend. No more ice on one side of the plate and scorched earth on the other.

• My parents are officially moving out of their house (my childhood home) today, after 24 years! They're downsizing big time and this weekend DH and I loaded up a lot of furniture that they weren't taking into a UHaul and moved it back to our place. The majority of that furniture is stuff that I grew up with and have a lot of attachment to, and when we finally got it through the door (no one would let me help load or unload, at all. I think I got to carry a bag of blankets, which was frustrating) nesting kicked in on overdrive and I went nuts arranging it.

I spent hours hauling things here and there, unpacking boxes, and cleaning up so that it would look like a house again and not a furniture warehouse. DH kept telling me to take it easy and I think that just made me want to work even harder... DH was very very tired (he was one of the main loaders/unloaders two days in a row) so I told him we didn't have to move the bookshelves upstairs that day... and while he was resting I snuck upstairs and did it myself.... and strained my neck, LOL.

But I think I used up all my nesting juice for a while. I haven't wanted to lift a finger to do anything else to the house the past couple of days. I've basically just wanted to eat and nap since Sunday. 

Pregnancy Ticker