November 2016 Moms
Options

TMI Tuesday 6-28

desoky01desoky01 member
edited June 2016 in November 2016 Moms
Here's our too much information post!

Re: TMI Tuesday 6-28

• Options
    I have a blood blister on my lip that has been consistently bleeding everyday for anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours. Since it's on my lip I usually try to roll my lip in my mouth to keep pressure on it, so yesterday I did that. What ended up happening was that my throat ended up coated in blood and my mouth was full of dead skin coming from the blood blister. 3 hours and several paper towels later it finally stopped. I'm over it.
  • Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    edited June 2016
    I need to do laundry and am out of regular underwear so I switched to granny panties this morning...ahhhhhh, so comfortable. I might not switch back until 2017...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm leaking (mix of pee and secretions) - got it checked out to make sure isn't amniotic fluid - regular thin pads still get the edges wet, so I'm wearing black pants all the time. Refuse to wear big period pads for the next six months. 
  • Options
    My nipples are super itchy and look just freaky.  I'm hoping it's just a FTM freakout because I'm too chicken to ask my friend or sisters (all have kids).
  • Options
    Ok this is super embarrassing and this has never happened to me before ... but for the last few weeks I've noticed that by about halfway through the day I start to stink DOWN THERE. It's consistently been 100+ degrees where I live, so at first I though it was just from getting sweaty and hot during the day, but it's not letting up and now that I think about it I've been through many hot summers and have never had this problem. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'm going to ask about it. It's so gross and I feel disgusting and like I don't want DH anywhere near me. I shower every day and regularly wash my clothes, but I smell like someone who hasn't changed their underwear in a week! Yuck!
  • Options

@mrsmoose5 - try deodorant around the area?
  • Options
    JBing131 said:
    My nipples are super itchy and look just freaky.  I'm hoping it's just a FTM freakout because I'm too chicken to ask my friend or sisters (all have kids).
    I have the same issue so it's probably pregnancy related. The skin is dry as well and even putting on super hydrating lotion isn't helping...
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    JBing131 said:
    I have the same issue so it's probably pregnancy related. The skin is dry as well and even putting on super hydrating lotion isn't helping...
    Are you guys sure it's dry skin? I have a dried  colostrum issue: I often pick it off with tweezers which is super gross but the only option, as it doesn't really come off in the shower without scrubbing which hurts.
  • Options
    mrsmoose5 said:
    Ok this is super embarrassing and this has never happened to me before ... but for the last few weeks I've noticed that by about halfway through the day I start to stink DOWN THERE. It's consistently been 100+ degrees where I live, so at first I though it was just from getting sweaty and hot during the day, but it's not letting up and now that I think about it I've been through many hot summers and have never had this problem. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'm going to ask about it. It's so gross and I feel disgusting and like I don't want DH anywhere near me. I shower every day and regularly wash my clothes, but I smell like someone who hasn't changed their underwear in a week! Yuck!
    Could it be bacterial vaginosis? I had it after my second miscarriage. It's disgusting and embarrassing but apparently really really common. Hopefully your doc can tell you tomorrow what it is. If it is BV, it's treated with antibiotics and the smell goes away pretty fast. Good luck!
  • Options
    whaat said:
    JBing131 said:
    Are you guys sure it's dry skin? I have a dried  colostrum issue: I often pick it off with tweezers which is super gross but the only option, as it doesn't really come off in the shower without scrubbing which hurts.
    Huh, I hadn't thought of that. I tried doing a google image search but I guess nipples don't fall under "safe search". I'll ask my doctor next week, thanks!
  • Options
    @JBing131 and @RhodaMorgenstern I was having this issue too and someone else suggested body oil.  I bought the Honest company brand, but I'm sure any brand would work I just know that one doesn't stain clothes.  I'm totally addicted and it has stopped the problem for me.  I put it on all over after the shower in the morning and at night and I'm happy as a clam. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    whaat said:
    JBing131 said:
    Same on the colostrum... mine isn't dried skin and this is the second pregnancy I have it (sort of assumed everyone did).
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    @mrsmoose5 -- I feel like I have that issue too but it's more my panties that I have to change at least once a day and that helps. Maybe you're smelling leakage and not you?
  • Options
    I still 100% stand behind using monoi oil/body oil for dry and/or flaky nipples. It hasn't stained my clothes, dries fast, and I haven't had a single "flare up" since starting it a couple months ago.

• Options
    @Butterkup yes!  I think it was you that saved me!  I have a little selection of oil on my bathroom counter now and its a godsend.  Thank you so so much!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had pretty bad "swamp crotch" last pregnancy and I was so grossed out by it! No one ever said they smelled me (even my DH, who I asked repeatedly!) but I felt like I was constantly smelling like a dirty bird, despite my two showers a day. I finally started using medicated gold bond and deodorant on my inner thighs and changing my underwear as needed. I'm not having it this time (thankfully!!) but I have a bottle of odor eliminating essential oil spray (water, alcohol, lavender and purify) on me just in case I need a freshing up. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I asked my dr about the "smelly issue" and she said it was probably a combo of the heat (I live in south east Texas) and hormones... It's gross and embarrassing!! But I guess it's pretty normal 
    babies
  • Options
    Went to the doctor today and she did an exam and tested for bacterial vaginosis, but while she was down there she said she didn't see or smell (thank for checking, doc lol) anything unusual and that it's probably just a combination of pregnancy hormones and me being extra self-conscious. Ugh ... I guess I'll just buy some panty liners ...
  • Options
    I'm leaking (mix of pee and secretions) - got it checked out to make sure isn't amniotic fluid - regular thin pads still get the edges wet, so I'm wearing black pants all the time. Refuse to wear big period pads for the next six months. 

I had a lot of that a couple weeks ago for a week or two in duration. It freaked me out a bit, because I didn't have it in my first two pregnancies.